[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

About more custom roms, I think It can be AOSP, and sth with different settings like Dirty Unicorns, or maybe Omnirom

Reactions: bugers
there is another 5.1.1 AOSP from Eleven
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Gndh/ypihVsZWJ/AOSP-5.1.1-20150903-aries-eleven.zip

Ocasionally found camera/torch/flashlight bug on new RC6, you just need to turn and turn off torchlight 2 or 3 times one by one and then flashlight cannot turn off

Eleven's AOSP has camera issue too, otherwise it would be a good choice.

Ivan's AOSP has stable camera function, but I can't find a way to bind the double clicking of home key with switching to the previous app, even gravitybox can't set it, I think maybe it's a bug in ivan's AOSP.

Eleven's AOSP has camera issue too, otherwise it would be a good choice.

Ivan's AOSP has stable camera function, but I can't find a way to bind the double clicking of home key with switching to the previous app, even gravitybox can't set it, I think maybe it's a bug in ivan's AOSP.
You can use long menu press to switch to previous app, works on any ROM for me

Here you are some lines collected with catlog. This happens when I try to install some apps (in this case, dream machine)

E/Vold ( 932): Error creating imagefile (Read-only file system)
E/Vold ( 932): ASEC image file creation failed (Read-only file system)
W/Vold ( 932): Returning OperationFailed - no handler for errno 30
E/DefContainer( 1680): Failed to create container xxxxxx
W/DefContainer( 1680): Failed to copy package at /storage/emulated/0/Download/dm.apk
D/InstallAppProgress: Installation error code: -18

I can read and write in the sdcard emulated partition. And there are a lot of space free (about 10 gb)

there is another 5.1.1 AOSP from Eleven
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Gndh/ypihVsZWJ/AOSP-5.1.1-20150903-aries-eleven.zip

Ocasionally found camera/torch/flashlight bug on new RC6, you just need to turn and turn off torchlight 2 or 3 times one by one and then flashlight cannot turn off
I tried once to open flashlight from tiles and I cannot turn off. Camera can't connect error the same in rc6. But I am always restoring a backup data from twrp after flashing rc + gapps, so not a proper clean install.

The annoying things so far are the camera and laggy system after a day of use (reboot solve them both). I hope not to face the problem installing apps that some users encountered with this rc6

I tried once to open flashlight from tiles and I cannot turn off. Camera can't connect error the same in rc6. But I am always restoring a backup data from twrp after flashing rc + gapps, so not a proper clean install.

The annoying things so far are the camera and laggy system after a day of use (reboot solve them both). I hope not to face the problem installing apps that some users encountered with this rc6

With RC6 I could install a lot of apps, but had problems with a few. For example DreamMachine or talking tom 2.

Reactions: unicoco12345
- Added: built-in camera apps: MIUICamera by M1cha, OpenCamera by Mark Harman
- Added(testing): Network traffic (Settings -> Status bar -> Network traffic)
<3

I flashed RC6 and was returning the phone to production state till late night, will provide some more info in a few days. In a nutshell: 1) The changes above added everything I missed so far! No more missing major features for me. 2) I get a 100% reproducible crash when switching to panorama mode in MIUICamera (log will come later), but what I need is HDR and that works fine.

Does this happen to everyone on RC6?
Not sure about everyone, but it happens to me. Clean install, no system apps or their data restored from backup. Also no GAPPS neither Xposed.

I upgraded my spouse's phone a day ago, we'll see if it bothers hers, too. (Until now, she used RC2 from early December 2015 and no memory problems at all).

Here it is happening after 24 hours (more or less) of the phone powered on or with a lot of apps opened and then closed during the day (like browser, fb, whatsapp, email, youtube, twitter)

I got best score in antutu formating in f2fs. Perhaps I am not facing that problems because of this.

But I am having problems installing big apps (i explained it a few posts ago), in logcat I notice that the app is not installed because of a read only filesystem in sdcard.

Last edited:
Reactions: unicoco12345
Hi Guys !

I follow this thread since RC2 and haven't installed your version of CM12.1 until now !
I'm pretty impressed , it's stable , smooth and beautiful ! Thanks Bugers you are working very hard to make our device alive , again after 3 years of use ! Thanks you very much bro.

So ! yesterday i installed the RC6 , i was from Ivan's AOSP 6.0 (v5.12.8 i think ...) with xposed and gravitybox it was working pretty well but i had some bugs sometimes and a huge battery drain !

Now i'm with TWRP 2.8.7.0 (working nice) Bugers CM12.1 (with a clean install , format everythings except /system) and pico GAPPS from openGAPPS , but i still have some problems (but seriously it's for detail...)

- can't change my FS system from ext4 to F2fs , after changing in TWRP and rebooting system my phone stay on the MI logo , any suggestion ? My bad , i was trying to do that with /system partition and see it's for /data and /cache !
- I would like to know if there is a .zip to install SuperUser , it would be very nice !
- need to ask you if DolbySound from M1cha works on this rom RC6
- sometimes my notification LED is not working , especially for SMS , MMS and calls

Thanks for answers guys , have happy days :)

PS : it's a very nice rom and from yesterday i haven't any problem , i'll post bugs here and logs if i found any (if i want post logs to help resolving problems , they are log from TWRP ?)
And please , someone can say me how can i retrieve a Nandroid Backup to my PC ?

Last edited:
Reactions: bugers
Any suggestions about the failed installation of big apk??

I have found solution for the problem with installing some games. In terminal (can be activated in developer settings) type "pm get-install-location" (without qoutes) this should return you with "0" which means the phone selects the isntall location automatically. To fix this problem you need to type "pm set-install-location 1" which sets the install location to internal storage. I had problems with installing apps pruchased from hubmle bundle and this fixed it for me.

(...)
- I would like to know if there is a .zip to install SuperUser , it would be very nice !
- need to ask you if DolbySound from M1cha works on this rom RC6
(...)

You can enable CM Superuser in developer settings or install SuperSU app (no need for flashing .zip)
Dolby should work afaik, or you can use Viper 4 Android

Reactions: gonzametal
I have found solution for the problem with installing some games. In terminal (can be activated in developer settings) type "pm get-install-location" (without qoutes) this should return you with "0" which means the phone selects the isntall location automatically. To fix this problem you need to type "pm set-install-location 1" which sets the install location to internal storage. I had problems with installing apps pruchased from hubmle bundle and this fixed it for me.

It works!!! Thanks Jezura

Reactions: Jezura
I want to change my partition to f2fs. Are there any differences between using twrp 2.8.7.0 or the latest one?

Do you have any suggestion to backup/saving cyano settings (notification lights, wireless settings and other)?
A good app for backup sms (dunno why but I always failed on restoring sms with titanium backup)?

So seeing this ROM to be pretty stable, I finally decided and spent my sunday afternoon migrating from old layout CM11 to CM12.1. Here are my observations so far:

- I experienced camera and wifi failure few times, but since I flashed firmware NON-HLOS.bin from last official MIUI, it didn't happened so far (and I don't use gapps)
- finally I managed to get weather forecast on clock widget
- I'm using grid screen lock, but I haven't figured out why on lock screen clock widget is not visible (when I choose to show unlock grid immediately in settings, so I'm not using that setting and hav to tap lockscreen with clock, then swipe to unlock only to get to grid screen unlocker)
- open camera can't be upgraded from fdroid, since it is part of system image, maybe it is standard part of CM12.1 build, but I just wonder why
- I always used long press home button to get list of "running" last used apps, it's now not working and only working settings is recent apps (I use localization, don't know how its originally in english), which shows all apps, even those used before reboot

Overall, I'm very happy with CM12.1, thank you bugers for you hard work!