[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

Wipe data and cache, flash Rc7 and restore data backup. When the screen went to sleep after the first reboot, I couldn't power on again. Always black screen. Only removing battery make it restart but the problem is still there. Got back to rc6 backup

Hurgh, my phone keeps rebooting in RC7 after 30 seconds or so when I type phone code…
How can I get log for that?
Back to RC6 meanwhile…

That's something new... Ok, how to make this happend? Which Mi2 version do you have guys?
I did clean install, everything wiped and nothing bad is happening.

That's something new... Ok, how to make this happend? Which Mi2 version do you have guys?
I just backup data in twrp, wipe data and cache, flash rom and gapps and then restore data. After the first reboot the screen went black without doing anything after few seconds. Buttons didn't work and the only thing I could is to take off the battery and plug again. After I put the battery the phone reboot automatically.

Mi2 32 Gb here

Last edited:
I wiped cache just after flashing RC7.
It happens when I type my phone code.
Also, I put my phone on charge earlier and when I checked it, light was stuck on green and screen was black. When I unplugged, it kept being green, I had to force rebooting with boot button.

have the same as gonewild but did clean install, have MI2S version with 32gb (wipe data,cache, dalvik cache, system, use ext4)

// use this only if you experienced problems with reboots on rc7

I don't know if this helps, need time to reproduce problem but you may try this fix.

Reflash boot.img from here and let me know if that helps to you. If you wiped fs before, now you need do this once again (suggested way is to flash boot.img, make android start, reboot to recovery, wipe /data part).

The problem is, that this is controllable in settings (wifi -> advanced settings -> wifi active in sleep) but whatever you set the phone disables wifi during sleep. For me it's about battery life. 3G drains battery much faster. For others without 3G it could mean that they don't recieve notifications from apps.
As a workaround, you may want to have a look at Xposed, there was some module, which switched data to 2G while sleeping (and back to 3G on wake up).

I don't know if it will help with solving problem with reboots (I have them occured also), but system is flashing in ext4, even if earlier the partition was wiped in f2fs.

// use this only if you experienced problems with reboots on rc7

I don't know if this helps, need time to reproduce problem but you may try this fix.

Reflash boot.img from here and let me know if that helps to you. If you wiped fs before, now you need do this once again (suggested way is to flash boot.img, make android start, reboot to recovery, wipe /data part).
tried rebooting is not observed, but the phone does not wake up, we have to reboot

I don't know if it will help with solving problem with reboots (I have them occured also), but system is flashing in ext4, even if earlier the partition was wiped in f2fs.

tried rebooting is not observed, but the phone does not wake up, we have to reboot

I have tried suggested way, but reboots still exist and are much frequent...

Thanks for feedback. I'm just testing new version, until that RC7 is suspended. If you want to help with tests - PM me.

Beside that it's quite silent here for past few days. Any holiday or ROM is working too good? ;)

So i tried to make recomended istall procedure from the first post and i get error in MiFlash at step 6. "FAILED (remote: partition table doesn't exist)" any idea?

Have you solved your problem? Recommended way, if you're not sure what those scripts are doing, is to install latest MIUI ROM (with MiFlash or recovery tgz) then custom recovery and after that latest LH Rom.

Thanks for feedback. I'm just testing new version, until that RC7 is suspended. If you want to help with tests - PM me.

Beside that it's quite silent here for past few days. Any holiday or ROM is working too good? ;)

Working ROM is great!!!!! (RC6)

Could you add underclock function? It was available in one of your versions..
I want to put the CPU @ min 192 mhz.

Reactions: bugers

Yeah, the rom is great!!! I try to find out what triggered the camera issue, but I didn't find any connection yet.
I have full android APP development environment, I can develop APPs, but I don't know anything about develop rom, any suggestions?

Small request, add the network traffic view is great, but can you make it auto close when all the network is disconnected?

192MHz when I tested it have eaten more or less the same amount of power as 384MHz so I think it's not worth to use it. Of course It could be tuned with CPU V. If you have some experience with OC and have some advises let me know I can prepare special version for you and maybe together we can work to make it better.

Yeah, the rom is great!!! I try to find out what triggered the camera issue, but I didn't find any connection yet.
I have full android APP development environment, I can develop APPs, but I don't know anything about develop rom, any suggestions?

Small request, add the network traffic view is great, but can you make it auto close when all the network is disconnected?

Great! let me know about progress. Look on Camera2 code.

I'll add this to my todo.

Reactions: DeAkion

@bugers is right.Sometimes when you underclock a lot you make things worse because cpu can't handle the processes at lower speeds so it jumps way too much frequently to higher speed.And that speed is not the above step eg 384, but a speed determined by the governor usually around 1-1.2 ghz, at which consumes multiple times more energy.Also the major factor, by huge margin, of power consumption is the screen on time and brightness so as bugers said it doesn't make any real difference.

Last edited:
ad1. would be great to get logs when using camera in whatsapp. Anyone?
ad2. Please check if wifi has Internet connectivity. When u r using 3g -> wifi def route is still on 3g network until wifi has Internet connectivity.
ad3. yeap, it happened to me last time too. It should be much better now with new version.

Thank you for good words! ;)
Sent you a log for whatsapp camera crash

Hi, Burgers! This ROM is incredible... I'd to report some bugs in camera features: sometimes the camera and flashlight app FC and i'd to reboot the system, and with miui camera some videos are damaged (i can listen the audio, but the video stops at random fps images). I used a Mi2S with 20160405 12.1 flashed with TWRP 3 and Opengapps micro. This bug is fixed in newest relase? It's possible to upgrade my relase to newest without delete my files or i need to backup all things before? Thanks for still supporting Mi2s, this is my favourite rom of all times!

Reactions: bugers and DeAkion
Hi, Burgers! This ROM is incredible... I'd to report some bugs in camera features: sometimes the camera and flashlight app FC and i'd to reboot the system, and with miui camera some videos are damaged (i can listen the audio, but the video stops at random fps images). I used a Mi2S with 20160405 12.1 flashed with TWRP 3 and Opengapps micro. This bug is fixed in newest relase? It's possible to upgrade my relase to newest without delete my files or i need to backup all things before? Thanks for still supporting Mi2s, this is my favourite rom of all times!

Thanks! I never experience damaged videos. Anyone can confirm this? If yes, please send me on example.
Yes, It should work without deleting anything. I did that on my phone. Anyway, always have a backup!

Reactions: antoniosavio96