[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

)
It simply shows sequentially all colours you have tried to set since entering the sub-menu. For real notification it works as expected.
Re. the colour mismatch: it was the same in CM11, I think the LED is not capable displaying all the colours.
The notification light settings worked perfectly with m1cha's latest (07-30) release though. Also, disabling battery notification light doesn't work (still flashes red whenever you are charging the phone).

When the flash light is turned on from the quick settings panel on the lock screen, it is not possible to turn it off. Only reboot helps.
However, when it is activated from unlocked phone, it can be turned on and off as many times as wished.

EDIT: Well, I cannot reliably repeat the bug, it happens once in a while also with unlocked screen. I will try to catch logs when it exhibits again.

Last edited:
It was my first day with Bugers's ROM and I can say that it was my best Christmas gift. =D

Very stable and great battery time.

I was worried because I could miss MIUI, but Cyanomod is way better. However, MIUI contacts app is better and CM's radio asks for headphones while MIUI radio app doesn't.

The only bug that happened was Wi-Fi not turn on at first, but after a reboot it worked.

Reactions: bugers
YouTube is struggling at every video. The movie is cached far ahead and the video pauses and plays as it is loading.

Edit: reboot also resolved this issue

Last edited:
Reactions: bialabs
YouTube is struggling at every video. The movie is cached far ahead and the video pauses and plays as it is loading.

Edit: reboot also resolved this issue
Same here, if I play videos using mxplayer or video player is all ok. I sent to bugers my logs. There are some errors like this E/OMX-VDEC-1080P(251): free_output: munmap(0xb0ba2000, 1433600)

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Reactions: MiKhan
I just upgraded from latest M1cha Rom, after the already mandatory reboots for wifi, I'm still stuck with one issue: Google play services has stopped. Anybody had same issue? I already tried cleaning the data for it, restart, change location to device only. No luck. Only way to solve is flash the referenced pico gapps?

Hi,

I have attached my tool to merge system partition from recovery. It makes a larger system partition and you can install bigger gapps packages.

CAUTION: USE IT ON YOUR OWN RISK! BACKUP ALL YOUR IMPORTANT DATA BEFORE USE IT!

regards, gcsuri

Attachments

• aries-mergesys.zip
    296.4 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
CWM ? TWRP? MIUI Stock ?

Отправлено с моего MI 2 через Tapatalk

I tested it with twrp and latest cwm.
One can use it on an existing install? No need to reformat / recreate the file system? No need to restore a backup afterwards? What's 's the impact on future Rom installs?

You can use it on existing install, it resizes the partitions and filesystem only. If everything goes well, you just have a bigger system partition without loosing your system and data. It tested with older MIUI, cm11 and burger's roms.

Reactions: DaRoni
Hi,

I have attached my tool to merge system partition from recovery. It makes a larger system partition and you can install bigger gapps packages.

CAUTION: USE IT OWN YOUR OWN RISK! BACKUP ALL YOUR IMPORTANT DATA BEFORE USE IT!

regards, gcsuri
Let me comment a bit, pls correct if something is wrong:
  • The script checks if the current partition layout is as expected, otherwise fails without doing anything.
  • The script does not merge system0 and system1 partitions, instead, it makes system0 partition bigger at the detriment of system1 partition - ie. both partitions remain to exist, but system1 gets very small.
  • The script does not touch any other partitions (recovery, boot, modem, data, whatever else) and therefore no data loss takes place apart from loosing the contents of system1 (that is in case the dual boot setup has been used until now). The contents of system0 should survive as well, since the partition is not wiped out, only enlarged.

Reactions: Infinitely
I have a problem that when i use YouTube app playing video it sometimes will be laggy,and the segment had been loaded.I am not sure if it's app's self problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: bialabs
Let me comment a bit, pls correct if something is wrong:
  • The script checks if the current partition layout is as expected, otherwise fails without doing anything.
  • The script does not merge system0 and system1 partitions, instead, it makes system0 partition bigger at the detriment of system1 partition - ie. both partitions remain to exist, but system1 gets very small.
  • The script does not touch any other partitions (recovery, boot, modem, data, whatever else) and therefore no data loss takes place apart from loosing the contents of system1 (that is in case the dual boot setup has been used until now). The contents of system0 should survive as well, since the partition is not wiped out, only enlarged.
yes :)

I don't know if is a cm bug or only of this rom:
- with wifi toggle on and cellular data off, if I turn off wifi toggle, cellular data turns on automatically

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Beside that, does anyone else of you mentioned a huge battery drain caused by "Google-Play-Services"?
At Ivans AOSP it was possible to block Wakeup and Keep awake with app ops to prevend it running but with bugers Rom it crashes all the time when "keep-awake" is blocked in the privacy settings.

At the moment i got it under control with GServiceFix, but i would feel better if its completely blocked.

Try to block that with Servicely or Amplify. With amplify you will need xposed.

uI use opengapps-aroma installer to get MS Exchange Account sync support (it requires also Gmail), but I usually skip all the other Google "goodies".

However, when I re-flash CM12.1, the gapps are lost. I can flash again also the gapps, but all my settings are lost.

It did not happen with CM11, since the update script took care about automatic backup & restore of gapps.

Does CM12.1 behave differently due to the different style of update process (no more file by file copy, AFAIK)?

Or is it because of the Aroma gapps installer not being compatible?

Any solution other than manually picking up gapps with Titanium Backup for restore?

EDIT: well, open-gapps.org mentions that automatic backup is handled by most ROMs. So, this seems to me as a feature request or a bug.

Last edited:
somehow sad because exchange connection just worked perfect before with the stock email app, any ideas how i can get stock-email app and exchange support back?

weird issue, mails which seem to go direct in junk-email subfolder (no sync) seem to appear in "inbox" also, but on the smartphone only, so i get notifications for all this junk.

in general rom works really fine for me, good work :)

Reactions: bugers
somehow sad because exchange connection just worked perfect before with the stock email app, any ideas how i can get stock-email app and exchange support back?
From Google's view-point, this is an improvement. If you dislike Gmail app, you can try this "fix": http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=60911986&postcount=1187 (Read the OP to get an idea of what it is about.)

P.S. I personally do not care since I sync only the calendar, not emails. And I use K9-Mail anyway. If Google starts pushing its Calendar app for MS Exchange, I am screwed, too...

Reactions: erlkönig
Anybody has an idea, why call recording with external apps (ACR, etc.) does not work, despite that call recording in native Phone app works? (I used xposed module CM Settings to unblock the feature for my region.)

Might it be that the Phone app blocks any other app from accessing VOICE_CALL audio source?

I'm using ACR and it works fine for me with latest ROM. The only thing I have changed is file format. For me it's AMR. Let me know if that works for u.

Reactions: VinSWADED
Does anybody have the SIM Toolkit app in app drawer? It seems missing and I need it to access my bank account :-(

CM12.1 github repository has it:
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Stk/tree/cm-12.1

I looked at various forums and tried to set "SIM PIN required" but still no go. Also, I have not found the stk.apk at all. There is a bunch of stk.apk on the internet, but I do not believe it is wise to install it [1]. (I tried to install one and it wants almost every authorisation, including location, record audio, etc. It seems to me redundand...)

[1] http://getandroidapp.org/tag/com-android-stk

EDIT: I tried to push stk.apk from CM12.1 by Micha into /system/app, but it did not work. CatLog showed a permission err:
Code:
12-22 22:36:21.452 W/BroadcastQueue(1011): Permission Denial: receiving Intent { act=android.intent.action.stk.session_end flg=0x10000010 (has extras) } to com.android.stk/.StkCmdReceiver requires android.permission.RECEIVE_STK_COMMANDS due to sender com.android.phone (uid 1001)
so it seems some support from other packages is missing, too...

It's in todo list. It'll be available with next version.