[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

Yep! I remember your suggestion on khaon's thread. That was definitly a good idea.
I also have the feeling that pac+khaon is the best combination possible on kk even if the ROM -that's what I think now- have a lot of useless features and need improvements. Anyway, I'm annoyed and I want changes! :)

I've made a mistake in my previous post. I wanted to quote @.bastian about the twrp v3 recovery:
Is this recovery port at least your work? I've tryed it and i like it, nice work.
Excuse my sceptizism, but id like to know what i install on my phone and from where it is.

Yep! I remember your suggestion on khaon's thread. That was definitly a good idea.
I also have the feeling that pac+khaon is the best combination possible on kk even if the ROM -that's what I think now- have a lot of useless features and need improvements. Anyway, I'm annoyed and I want changes! :)

I've made a mistake in my previous post. I wanted to quote @.bastian about the twrp v3 recovery:
Same here, i only use few features of pacrom, like the download/upload meter and screen recording.Also with CM i always had a bug with volume in calls if i remember correctly and with gplay services.I'll change to lollipop eventually, it's faster and more responsive overall.The problem is i don't have a spare phone to experiment as much as i used to, and the different partition layouts makes it worse.I hope i'll find some time this weekend to test this rom and, @bugers really really thanx for implementing BLX!!!

Reactions: bugers
I'm using this rom since sunday and it's working great!

Battery consumption is really good, as you can see on the screens attached and really close to a few builds of WiUI and sMiUI. I'm using the 3k battery.

I didn't had any bugs regarding the wifi and the camera not working yet, I'm not saying there aren't, just didn't come across one of those. However, the green lines when taking pictures with 2mpx are there!

Nice work bugers!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-16-19-00-19.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-16-19-00-19.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 253
  • Screenshot_2016-02-16-19-00-45.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-16-19-00-45.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 269
Reactions: bugers
I encounter some bluetooth issues in RC4, have to reboot to get bt working again.
Think it appears when i leave a wifi, but i'm not sure yet.

Same here, i only use few features of pacrom, like the download/upload meter and screen recording.Also with CM i always had a bug with volume in calls if i remember correctly and with gplay services.I'll change to lollipop eventually, it's faster and more responsive overall.The problem is i don't have a spare phone to experiment as much as i used to, and the different partition layouts makes it worse.I hope i'll find some time this weekend to test this rom and, @bugers really really thanx for implementing BLX!!!

Which version of pac+khaon are you using? I used the combination long time ago, if I remember correctly, the battery drained quickly too...

khaon's share has been lost, don't know where can get them back, I want to have a retry :)

with CM i always had a bug with gplay services.

You can always give a shot to microG gmscore.
https://o9i.de/2015/10/23/howto-gmscore.html

Basically it's an opensource drop-in replacement for GAPPS, and allows to install Play Store and all the applications which needs Google Play Services (like youtube) or Google Cloud Messaging (like signal)

It's lighter, privacy-wise, it's installed as an user app, it's much more modular and configurable.

Last edited:
Reactions: X4nfire
@laolang_cool and @Beyaz guys i think it's offtopic talking about another rom on this thread and a bit disrespect to Bugers :) laolang you got a pm.
Are you serious? I would have say that you're right if you weren't speeking about alternative gapps with @heron
I don't think that someone will feel blessed by sharing and comparisons.

Last edited:
So far experience on RC4:
The camera not connected bug is still present, i think that it occurs more often, but that can be only my feeling and i really don't have way to compare it. I can also confirm the 2.1 mpx bug.
The performance is as good as on RC3.
The batter is acting weird. At night i had my phone on charger and it charged to 100 % and then discharged to 85 % and stayed there until morning when i restarted the phone and it started to charge again. Is this misbehavior of BLX? Or intended behavior? I didn't really get from the mod description how it should work.
Though i think the actual battery life is a lot better than on RC3.

So far experience on RC4:
The camera not connected bug is still present, i think that it occurs more often, but that can be only my feeling and i really don't have way to compare it. I can also confirm the 2.1 mpx bug.
The performance is as good as on RC3.
The batter is acting weird. At night i had my phone on charger and it charged to 100 % and then discharged to 85 % and stayed there until morning when i restarted the phone and it started to charge again. Is this misbehavior of BLX? Or intended behavior? I didn't really get from the mod description how it should work.
Though i think the actual battery life is a lot better than on RC3.

Maybe yes. This can be caused by blx, by its settings (the higher percentage from where it cuts off from charging), or not. Fully discharge your battery and charge it again. Use your device as usual and it will be calibrated with time.

You can set the value of charging limit here (As I've not yet installed @bugers' ROM, I can't check if it's present):
Code:
/sys/devices/virtual/misc/batterylifeextender/charging_limit

Last edited:
Maybe yes. This can be caused by blx, by its settings (the higher percentage from where it cuts off from charging), or not. Fully discharge your battery and charge it again. Use your device as usual and it will be calibrated with time.

You can set the value of charging limit here (As I've not yet installed @bugers' ROM, I can't check if it's present):
Code:
/sys/devices/virtual/misc/batterylifeextender/charging_limit

Thank you. I found out that Kernel Adiutor can edit this value. Default is 96, but if i try to set it higher, it resets. If i set it lower, it works as expected (if i set lower value, the percentage changes according to it). I will try fully discharging and charging my battery.

And today was the first time that I got the camera problem. A simple reboot solved it.

However I'm here to ask if someone else is experiencing some kind of slow downs after the system is up for 12~16 hours, even the launcher needs to load when I press the home button. A reboot will solve it. I checked the ram usage and the cpu, but they all seem normal to me.

Reactions: MiKhan and bialabs
And today was the first time that I got the camera problem. A simple reboot solved it.

However I'm here to ask if someone else is experiencing some kind of slow downs after the system is up for 12~16 hours, even the launcher needs to load when I press the home button. A reboot will solve it. I checked the ram usage and the cpu, but they all seem normal to me.

I confirm your problems
Camera problem and slow downs are less frequent than rc3 but are still present

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: nightmike

I have this problem too.

Reactions: nightmike
And I'll happily provide system logs if bugers or someone tells me how to get them when the system starts to run slow. ;)

Same here.

Are you serious? I would have say that you're right if you weren't speeking about alternative gapps with @heron
I don't think that someone will feel blessed by sharing and comparisons.
I'm not talking to heron, heron responded to me.It's pretty obvious that it was a suggestion and not in offensive way.Laolang didn't take it personally i can't see why you did but anyways...pm me if you need more explanations.

Last edited:
@X4nfire. So we must blame @heron :) I should have placed a 'lol' somewhere, because it was a friendly talk full of love bro' ;) And you're right, that becomes more and more off topic.

Why /data /cache don't have change to f2fs option?
The recovery do not support f2fs?

No, it doesn't. That was already mentioned.