[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

f2fs is support by twrp 3.0.0.2, and the system became much more faster and smoother. You dont even need anything. Just see om your own eyes.
Thanks bugers for your great work. Camera work perfect for me, i use built-in miui camera and its fast a lot. On RC6 doesnt notice camera error. Works very well. Donate to you a liitle, coz dont have a lot money. Thanks alot

Maybe i made sth wrong, but built-in weather doesnt work for me, Russia, Saint-Petersburg

bugers, do you think about make more custom roms like omnirom or maybe somethibg else
And also, do you have in mind to publish your final work on github, other not so talent developers will do more custom roms on your soursec

Last edited:
Reactions: GeekZJJ and bugers
F2Fs is supported on /system (with RC6 and twrp 3.0.2)???
yes it supports, but roms on 5.x and higher format it by themself to ext4, there is a choice to build roms in usual zip without system.new.dat but with system folder inside archive

Installed a clean RC6+pico gapps with f2fs. All fine. The only problem is the weather function in clock. It doens't work.

Reactions: bugers
I tried it, it looked nice but "Auto HDR" did not have any effect on shooting high contrast scenes and "Auto Bracketing" caused weird behaviour of the app - back key stopped working, shutter stopped working, etc. It's possible that wiping apps cache & data migh help, but since the RC6 has Miui back...

P.S. Open Camera made good pics, too. But felt a tad slow and the weird animation between window transitions (open camera, close camera, enter settings, etc.) drove me crazy.

I have the same feeling with OpenCamera mostly on animation part and this weird vertical position (I mostly close the app but accident because of that) but it's still great piece of software that's why decided to add it as a part of ROM. I'm waiting for other camera app suggestions too.

Last edited:
Ah, in may case probably more things stepped in: a firewalled cLock, a blocked location access of cLock (I do not use weather widget) and after the fresh installation of RC5 without GAPPs I did not have any location provider but device GPS (which obviously failed inhouse).
Thanks for the hint, things work again now in RC6. I'll try to block cLock again and see if LiveDisplay remembers the necessary data for day&night switching.

You may try UnifiedNlp from microG project as an alternative to location providers.

Reactions: wirens
Works very well. Donate to you a liitle, coz dont have a lot money. Thanks alot

Thank you I really appreciate that!

bugers, do you think about make more custom roms like omnirom or maybe somethibg else
And also, do you have in mind to publish your final work on github, other not so talent developers will do more custom roms on your soursec

Yes! and probably yes ;) I was looking for other ROM alternatives. Let me know if you have any suggestions and why.
I mentioned earlier that source code can be published when stable version appears. I'll have then more time to clean it and prepare to public. Until then let's focus on making the best ROM for our devices ;)

Installed a clean RC6+pico gapps with f2fs. All fine. The only problem is the weather function in clock. It doens't work.
Well, I removed the widget from the screen, the enabled high precision location, put the widget again in home screen, and weather is back. Now you can disable location if you like

RC6 resolved all the burning issues I've experienced. The most noticeable was connected with storage. The app which I wasn't able to install from Google Play, now works great. Problem with Titanium Backup which hasn't created a backup runs very well. Thank you burger.

Lol, bugers.

@bugers thanks for great update.
Can you add in future releases patches from here github com /microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/issues/63#issuecomment-167130288 for microg gapps signature spoofing?
Yep, that would be great.

BTW, how do you guys, who do not use Play Store, keep an eye on updates of the apps?
Do you use Amazon? Something else?

ATM, I setup Genymotion (because I miserably failed trying to install Play Store in Android SDK emulator) and once in a time I manually extract and install the newer versions of an app to my phone. I could probably write some script with adb to make it easier.

Yep, that would be great.

BTW, how do you guys, who do not use Play Store, keep an eye on updates of the apps?
Do you use Amazon? Something else?

Primary i use apps from F-Droid, if there no app that i need, i seek it in Play Store. I have installed Play Store, but without gapps, and it woks very well.

yes it supports, but roms on 5.x and higher format it by themself to ext4, there is a choice to build roms in usual zip without system.new.dat but with system folder inside archive
I am no great expert re. the file systems, but I believe nothing fancy happens when you use F2FS instead of ext4 for a read-only FS (I.e. /system). The difference comes with writing (/data, /cache, /sdcard).

I am no great expert re. the file systems, but I believe nothing fancy happens when you use F2FS instead of ext4 for a read-only FS (I.e. /system). The difference comes with writing (/data, /cache, /sdcard).
i thnk and trust we can see differences on the first boot

Primary i use apps from F-Droid, if there no app that i need, i seek it in Play Store. I have installed Play Store, but without gapps, and it woks very well.
If it were only the Play Store app, I would use it. But it takes also the Google Play Services as a dependency, which is the reason I departed from GAPPS.

According to OP F2FS is supported on /data and /cache

If it were only the Play Store app, I would use it. But it takes also the Google Play Services as a dependency, which is the reason I departed from GAPPS.
playstore worked on RC5 with microg but without signature spoofing, i checked
youtube doesnt works

on 4PDA only registred users can dowload files, to register you should enter 4 numbers which wrote on russian langualge
For those who doesnt know russia i can only suggest to try recognise captcha with google translate
Well, from here maybe? https:// github. com /opengapps/all/tree/c31ed9e7864fdbe3d95e474fdb35f8e817e4b8bc/priv-app/com.android.vending/14/nodpi

Thank you I really appreciate that!

Yes! and probably yes ;) I was looking for other ROM alternatives. Let me know if you have any suggestions and why.
I mentioned earlier that source code can be published when stable version appears. I'll have then more time to clean it and prepare to public. Until then let's focus on making the best ROM for our devices ;)
Than you bugers! What about a AOSP version? Ivan's version has some small glitches.

Reactions: bugers
Hi, with this version I am facing problems installing apk for example monument Valley or talking Tom.
La aplicación no se instaló

Reactions: unicoco12345
playstore worked on RC5 with microg but without signature spoofing, i checked
youtube doesnt works
It works for me.

I followed this tutorial https://o9i.de/2015/10/23/howto-gmscore.html to install microg from fdroid

And I installed the Play Store with Lucky Patcher
9c201b5d8ace97a0c46512c0ef6df397.jpg

(Lucky Patcher also allows to install the unmodded Play Store from the same menu)

I'm on RC6 f2fs, but it also worked with previous releases.

Reactions: MiKhan
Hey Guys, something is not right with my partition layout :) somehow I have only 3,45 GB out 32GB :)
I used aries_core_unified_single_xiaomi.zip to align partitions, but somehow it cut my data partition. As far as I read and understand correctly it should remove SD card partition and merge it with data?
I don't mind to lose any data from phone, but can you please tell me, what to do, to extend data partition?

Found a solution :)
Someow reformating to ext4 is not working properly from TWRP, I needed to change the FS to ext2 and back to ext4.
It is described in XDA forum:
Flashtools (MiFlash4Linux, Recovery from QDL/DLOAD, Partition resize)

Sorry, I can't past links because I don't have 10 posts here :p

Last edited: