ROM for Redmi Note 12 Turbo

I take my words back - MiuiTN also have these issues, however they are far less noticeable. Which also means that issue is not 100% in super.img.

I've found this after more extensive testing specific for calls/network.

I installed 14.0.20.0 from fastboot. I don't have a recovery on my phone. Could someone please help clarify if I can update from 14.0.20.0 to 14.0.22.0 using the Update app? A number of forum posts appear to indicate that it is not possible to receive OTA updates without a recovery installed. Nevertheless, the Update app does indicate that I can install the update by simply pushing a button. I thought it might be wise to ask before pushing that button and potentially wrecking my phone. Cheers!

You need TWRP for OTA update.
The "update" app only notifies you of a new update and the option to download it, but you need TWRP to install it afterwards.
PS:
App" update also provides you that TWRP is needed.

Attachments

• OTA aktualizace.png
    OTA aktualizace.png
    469.3 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: ragnarok and JiaiJ
@gogocar62 - Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. Here's what threw me off:

1. When I open the Updater app, it asks me: "To be able to use OTA you need to select whether or not you have TWRP installed on your device: Yes/No". This seems to imply that it will use a different updating method depending on whether or not you have TWRP installed. In other words, it will be able to install the update if you don't have TWRP installed.

2. It allows me to download the update and hit the "Check MD5 and Install" button despite having answered No to the above question.

3. It has an option that says "Reboot to Fastboot mode", which seems to imply that an update might be able to be installed via fastboot.

For what it's worth, it would be great if these could be clarified in the Updater app.

That said, is it possible for me to manually update the ROM in fastboot mode, by running the update_rom script on my computer?

Last edited:
If your device doesn't have TWRP, you can update using the fastboot method.

Reactions: ragnarok
I want to greet everyone! And so, I want to talk about how FINALLY I was able to solve the problem with calls, but there is a BIG but. I'll tell you the steps:
1) You must have 2 SIM cards (without them you will not be able to perform the following actions);
2) We insert both SIM cards (The first slot is the main SIM, the second is the experimental one);
3) Go to the settings - "SIM cards and mobile networks" - select the second SIM card and turn it off with the slider on top;
4) Select the first SIM card and disable VOLTE;
5) Turn on the second SIM card back;
6) That's it, now you can call from the first SIM card.
And now to the cons of this method:
1) No matter how hard you try, you will not turn on 4G on the first SIM card (Internet use and calls are only 3G). If you force 4G to lock up, there will be no network, and if it does, then there will simply be no Internet;
2) The network becomes frantic and constantly switches, falls off. Constantly there is no network (all this is connected with the first SIM card).
But there is a solution to these problems too - we reboot the phone and now 4G is constantly working, it does not fall off, the Internet works great, but you can’t make calls. If you want to call, we repeat the steps from the very beginning and all over again in a circle. The method is working, so try it, maybe we will find a solution to the failure of the network and not working 4G fully

Somebody have a good APK for tienes? With the Stable rom, the Xiaomi app theme are in chinese everything

We got 14.0.23 today!
Yes, but no good news for Redmi Note 12 Turbo users. Mobile network problem is still not fixed. I installed it today (both as an update and as a clean install with data format) and checked with all 3 national mobile operators. I'm gradually losing hope. :emoji_anguished:
For the first time in 10 years we have the situation when Xiaomi team did their best to ruin our possibility of using China version of their phone. And they did it so masterfully that all the biggest minds can't find where they hid that bug. I guess it's been done deliberately to protect their market strategy outside China. And this is very disappointing. :(:emoji_thumbsdown:

Reactions: dalimit
You need TWRP for OTA update.
The "update" app only notifies you of a new update and the option to download it, but you need TWRP to install it afterwards.
PS:
App" update also provides you that TWRP is needed.
and after flash ota update with twrp we need to flash dfe again ?

It is AOSP based, and yes it is stable for daily use, GPay works, no issues with network (for my shor test of day or two). I prefer MIUI apps, like Dialer and Contacts, messages etc.
miui camera work on aosp now ? includ ?

After updating to latest rom 14.0.23, Safety net pass failed and device is not certified in Google Play Store.

still no one fix the call proplem ? :(
It has not yet been possible to fully solve the problem. Experiments with a lot of firmware did not lead to success. Even if you return from eu to Chinese, calls will still not be available. There is speculation that the phone starts to crash with the network after unlocking the bootloader. That's what I want to check a little later

Reactions: maahmdsaad
It has not yet been possible to fully solve the problem. Experiments with a lot of firmware did not lead to success. Even if you return from eu to Chinese, calls will still not be available. There is speculation that the phone starts to crash with the network after unlocking the bootloader. That's what I want to check a little later
whaaat
if we back to china still didn't work call !!?
that is a shame for xiaomi ..
check and tell as plZ