[ROM][KK][4.4][2014-05-18] CyanogenMod 11.0

What about linuxx's gapp pack? Is it ok (I like that it lets me to choose which gapps to install...)
You always can choose what to install on your device... M1cha already recomended CM gapps as the best, but it's your choice;)

@M1cha: is it ok to
1) format the system partition
2) install the new firmware
3) install the new gapps
4) reboot the phone
?
I'm having the Google sound search crashing at every boot...

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk
yeah it's correct. crashing hangouts is normal until u update the apps from play store.
What I forgot to say is that you need to do a full wipe when switching gapps.

I did it anyway... ;-)
It's not hangouts: it's sound search (which I don't need/use, so I terminated & disabled it)

Wait a minute: did you mean "full"? Reset to factory?
I only cleared the cache and the dalvik: do you think it's not enough?

update to 2014-02-05:
new kernel from(same kernel Nexus4 CM11 rom uses)
It contains much fixes and optimizations. I have this will improve performance and battery life.
That looks very nice :) but how can it be now compatible with our device? Did they change anything?
Or it is just the base and still includes the modifications made be you?

You always can choose what to install on your device... M1cha already recomended CM gapps as the best, but it's your choice;)

Hi,
I know that I can choose what I like most. But apart from recommending CM gapps M1cha also recommended to avoid PA Gapps with this new build. I'm asking if linuxx's gapps are also to avoid here (yes/no). That's all.

Updated my build too. Same as m1cha one, but I've the magic idea to build when m1cha build his rom too :p

Strange, got no mic working when talking with someone in last build (02-05-2014). Did a format system + wipe and install rom with CM gapps.

Strange, got no mic working when talking with someone in last build (02-05-2014). Did a format system + wipe and install rom with CM gapps.
Thanks a lot
DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY 05 BUILD! Wait some Hrs Plz, Sorry

uploaded new build(with same name, I deleted the old one).
Microphone is fixed now.

uploaded new build(with same name, I deleted the old one).
Microphone is fixed now.
But the file on dev-host is: "cm-11-20140205-UNOFFICIAL-aries.zip 2014-02-05 12:12:26"
The timestamp does not show a new build. Is this the correct one?
Why not give it a new name?
Now everybody gets confused!

Timestamp is the same on the filehost but i can confirm that the mic works again. Thx micha for your work. :)

The naming convention does not provide for a new name of the same day build. The date&time: did you consider a different time zone?

The naming convention does not provide for a new name of the same day build. The date&time: did you consider a different time zone?
No it use computer time it's GMT +1 both mine and m1cha

Hate the latest CM, can't have 5 icons in a row on homescreen of the launcher anymore. And the csmerawidget from the lockscreen doesn't work anymore. Irritating....

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 2 met Tapatalk

That doesn't sound like a CM problem. Maybe you switched gapps without a full wipe?

I also had 5 icons per row before flash and hided the google search bar on the homescreen, after flashing never rom it reverted to 4 icons per row and the search bar is back.
When i tap long on the homescreen and try to enter the settings it also directs me now to the general settings, not to this specific homescreen settings where i could setup the appearance of the homescreen. (worked in 01/25 build for me)
i only flashed the rom and wiped cache&dalvik, no other changes.

I also had 5 icons per row before flash and hided the google search bar on the homescreen, after flashing never rom it reverted to 4 icons per row and the search bar is back.
When i tap long on the homescreen and try to enter the settings it also directs me now to the general settings, not to this specific homescreen settings where i could setup the appearance of the homescreen. (worked in 01/25 build for me)
i only flashed the rom and wiped cache&dalvik, no other changes.
This is the full story indeed. I noticed that CM switched back to trebuchet. Using nova prime now. No problems anymore. Was planning that already.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 2 met Tapatalk

These options are also in GravityBox, but they affect the Google Experience Launcher only. You should download the "old" launcher, or a totally new one. I like Nova, which is pretty flexible AND light for me.

Now a positive fact that amazed me: after a couple of builds with poor audio I was called and told that they could hear only my voice. This was with very loud music in the background. With the help of a friend I tried myself, and there was absolute silence even when the phone was in front of the loudspeaker.
Moral of the story: keep phone values as in the 2014-01-25 build!

You did a really nice work this rom is really fast actually!

Envoyé de mon MI 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

After proper install(formatting the system partition) of the latest build (02-05) with CM gapps the battery drain over night(6h) was from 97% to 87%. Comparing with my latest test was 4% less.

I was wondering if it's notmal considering the Phone idle was the most consuming item, because in MIUI or other Android with ivan's kernel the Phone idle wasn't so high

Last edited: