[ROM] Marvin [English\Multilanguage] Xiaomi MI2/S [8.11]

Yeah it seems busybox is included in the latest one (a.k.a. pre-installed).

As for sound quality... viper is a must for Xiaomi MI2. It makes it so much better.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4

Btw, I think that viper has fixed the miui bug that prevented to use Tango. Before that, Tango didn't output the audio through the external speaker.

Do you have recommendations for how to configure viper? I would appreciate screenshots or other info how to set it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Btw, I think that viper has fixed the miui bug that prevented to use Tango. Before that, Tango didn't output the audio through the external speaker.

Do you have recommendations for how to configure viper? I would appreciate screenshots or other info how to set it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

I will post my settings later today

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: MSephiroth
hrm .... ok, getting gtalk crashes now and then, and it says that google.apps had a leak and it had to be stopped.
tried to clear the cache, dalavik, re-installed the rom ... any ideas of what else i can do ?

hrm .... ok, getting gtalk crashes now and then, and it says that google.apps had a leak and it had to be stopped.
tried to clear the cache, dalavik, re-installed the rom ... any ideas of what else i can do ?
Did you checked that you downloaded the howl Rom?
Md5 sum checked?

Sent from my awesome Xiaomi Mi2S using Tapatalk 4

I like your rom very much, but "com.android.phone" appears in Chinese Language. Hope to fix it. Sorry for my bad English.

hi,
can i flash this rom on system2 having wiui rom on system1?
without to do all wipe?

yes, but you need to have true dual boot previously enabled. If don't, then you have to enable it and it will wipe all your data

Enviado desde mi MI 2 usando Tapatalk 4

All I can say is wow, the speed is insane!

The mi2s is my first Android phone and I was already impressed with MIUI, but the performance increase with this is just off the hook.

Seriously well played fella!

the download was fine, in case of a bad file, it would not flash/work.
i've wiped 3 times already, and its still pops up now and then ...
i'll provide the log later on.

can't load your viper profile, when i press "load effect profile" nothing happens :(

Are you sure that you put it in the right place?

I like your rom very much, but "com.android.phone" appears in Chinese Language. Hope to fix it. Sorry for my bad English.

In the last version?

All I can say is wow, the speed is insane!

The mi2s is my first Android phone and I was already impressed with MIUI, but the performance increase with this is just off the hook.

Seriously well played fella!

Thanks for your feedback! It's good to hear!

the download was fine, in case of a bad file, it would not flash/work.
i've wiped 3 times already, and its still pops up now and then ...
i'll provide the log later on.

You are the only one who reported it...
Please download and install again?

Btw Can you tell me how did you wipe?
Maybe that's the problem...

Excuse my stupid question but I'm quite new to MIUI and all that juggling with ROMs :confused:
Reading the installation instructions there is ClockworkMod recovery mentioned ... is that the one you can access via the Updater menu? Or do you have to install the application mentioned in this thread? (I reckon that I won't be able to use the default MIUI updater app anymore?)

Correct swimmer, you need to install CWM first then you can install Marvin.

This caught me out at first too!

Alright. I'm a big time user of your ROM, simply because its... well awesome.
However I do have one thing to report, I hope you can reproduce the issue.

I use Firefox Mobile as my main browser, its the best browser out for Android and I've been using it forever.
The thing is though that on your ROM it becomes a sluggish and slow mess when doing the initial page loading.

Imagine going to lets say miuiandroid.com and then having to wait 20 seconds for it to be done loading and displaying the page, once loaded however it performs great as it always did.

I also noticed that after the first page has been loaded, followup pages load faster / normal again, which makes me think that it might have to do with DNS resolving and / or building DNS cache.

Can you take a look into this when you get the time? It would be greatly appreciated.

Are you sure that you put it in the right place?

In the last version?

Thanks for your feedback! It's good to hear!

You are the only one who reported it...
Please download and install again?

Btw Can you tell me how did you wipe?
Maybe that's the problem...

yes, in the last version. Hope to fix it in the next version. THANKS