[ROM][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Xiaomi MI2 (aries)

Troubleshooting/ FAQs
  • I am reading FAQs, am I ok?
    • You're the best ;) , but I'm not sure how you'll fell after you've read these things...
  • How can I enable Developer/ Performances Settings?
    • Go to Settings>Info>Click several times on build
  • How can I enable 4 way reboot (Recovery, System, soft, Bootloader) ?
    • Enable developer options, then go to Settings>Developer and enable Advanced Reboot
  • Why there's no HDR on camera?
    • Cyanogenmod does not provide closed source software, like drivers for HDR, you need to install Miui camera, or another camera from playstore
  • Why is there no Play Store or <insert gapp here>?
    • Since there are 2 system partitions they're small, and kk needs about 800mb to have a rom + gapps. There are 2 things u can do: First: install this gapps package this. Second way: use the repartition script of XiaomiTool to extend them.
  • Why is performances profile resetted every boot?
    • You need to enable Settings>performances>CPU>Set on boot
  • Why the phone doesn't fly if I enable airplane mode?
    • It's a WIP (work in progress) feature, now it works only if you throw it at 11,2 km/s² toward the space. It looks like there's no fix for this (yet).*
  • How can I enable adb root?
    • Go to Settings>Developer>Root access> Apps and Adb
  • How can I hide apps from trebuchet (launcher)?
    • Click Menu>Protected Apps> Set a "password"> Hide them
  • How can I charge my phone?
    • It looks like the xiaomi charger isn't enough powerful to charge the phone with cm. Here's your fix: buy a small nuclear reactor (you can find a cheap one on amazon or ebay I think), place the phone between the uranium fuel rods, power the reactor on and let the phone charging for about an half hour. It will be charged and it won't discharge again anymore.*
  • (I'm running art, it's very good and i feel better running it) This app FC... What can i do?
    • Switch to dalvik
  • Today I updated the phone and it's in a bootloop now... :(
    • Nice to get know you're enjoying art, switch back to dalvik flashing this
Bugs
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Known_Issues_page_for_aries

[DEV] How to build
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_aries

Two Releases: Nightlies and Stable/Monthly
Nightlies and Monthlies are very different. YOU CAN NOT UPDATE FROM A NIGHTLY TO A MONTHLY WITHOUT A WIPE /DATA. Why? Simple, M releases uses a different branch and it's much older than the previous Nightly avaible, so this may cause bootloops.
So you can update from a Monthly to newer Nightly, but you cannot update from a Nightly to a Monthly. If you choose unstable branch (aka Nightlies) you shouldn't update via ota to Stable branch (aka Monthly), you need to wipe /data.

Other Info
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Aries_Info

* @MarkHUK : you're crazy button needed here

Last edited:
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
4.2.2?

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk

yes. the only requirement is a 4.4 compatible CWM which you have if you are using any 4.4 rom already.
If you enable in dev settings, cwm recovery will be updated with the nightly

Sent from my mi²s

:):):):)
@linuxx @M1cha
wouldn't it be a good idea to paste a beer-or-champagne-fund-link to your signature?
instead u donate something ( @me) I'd prefer u donate something to open source companies, their software is free and they don't earn much without a "pay-to-enjoy-license", like Linux Foundation, or even to Cyanogen.inc, this wasn't possible without them and their great work. I do this for fun :)
If you want to donate to m1cha you can ofc :p

Sent from my mi²s

I'm learning more and more thanks to linuxx, micha and my first non miui rom (this one of course)

I recommend this rom to everyone!

Wasn't the "aries" name previously reserved for some Samsung phone? lol
Anyway, thank you for all your work, now there is finally an official CM build.

Wasn't the "aries" name previously reserved for some Samsung phone? lol
Anyway, thank you for all your work, now there is finally an official CM build.
nope it's just a common repo(a base code or a group for multiple devices). But these names aren't used as device names

Is it possible to install a Milestone release (when it'll be available) from nightly using ota?

Congratulazioni al nostro Linuxx and glückwünsche an M1cha for your incredible efforts in delivering the best ROM for ours MI2s.

Keep it up! ;)

Reactions: linuxx