[ROM][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Xiaomi MI2 (aries)

Anyone experiencing probs after update nightly that timely crashes when rebooted and that play store cannot connect anymore? Did restore from nandroid to get play store working again

Also doing clean install with kkgapps small keeps getting stuck on cm logo. How long can this take average before before I pull out my battery to reboot?

I have an bug during video calls
i made a video to show
is this an hangouts or cm bug? someone else have glitches like this?
i dont think this are ghost touches, i had them never before and this is only on video call in hangouts

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i am the only one with that bug? :D
it looks like the bug has something to do with the proximity sensor, when i cover the sensor the screen does not flicker

Dumb question but:
do I need CWM or can I flash CM11 from Mi-Recovery?
If I need CWM, is there a way to revert to the stock Mi-Recovery (so I can turn the phone back to 100% stock)?

Dumb question but:
do I need CWM or can I flash CM11 from Mi-Recovery?
If I need CWM, is there a way to revert to the stock Mi-Recovery (so I can turn the phone back to 100% stock)?
as long as you're using CM (or any other 4.4 based ROM) you should keep CWM.

You can always restore your phone to miui if you want to sell it or send it to repair by using miflash.

@RadarNyan @UserC I'm struggling between these two:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lcd-Display...e_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2a3db5ab74
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Black-O...e_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item4178425ba2

I'm mainly looking at the stamps on the lcd an dthe form of the cables etc.
most look like the first one. but the 2nd one is a very high rated seller.

Does anybody have a picture of a original one? Otherwise I'd start disassembling mine to check it myself.
Hello @M1cha in my experience i bought it in ebay (uss 79). But since the change, the proximity sensor works only with an extremely clean screen if don't the sensor report 0cm. So be careful, or if you have te same issue as me maybe you can resolve it

I noticed in the changelog for cm-11-20140806-NIGHTLY-aries the following fix:
video: Fix crash during video recording
I have updated to cm-11-20140808-NIGHTLY-aries and went to try out the video recording but I still have the same problem.
It doesn't seem to matter what resolution I use, or whether I use the stock camera app, or the miui camera app, I press to record video, there is a brief freeze (of about a second) then the recording timer starts to count up, then after a few seconds I press the button again to stop recording, it makes the appropriate sound, but then the camera app freezes. The video does not save and eventually the only way out of the app is to FC.
Is this just me? Or is vid recording still an ongoing issue? I should also point out that the bug list says vid recording not working (except 1080p) but I have the same freezing issue with 1080p too :(

I noticed in the changelog for cm-11-20140806-NIGHTLY-aries the following fix:
video: Fix crash during video recording
I have updated to cm-11-20140808-NIGHTLY-aries and went to try out the video recording but I still have the same problem.
It doesn't seem to matter what resolution I use, or whether I use the stock camera app, or the miui camera app, I press to record video, there is a brief freeze (of about a second) then the recording timer starts to count up, then after a few seconds I press the button again to stop recording, it makes the appropriate sound, but then the camera app freezes. The video does not save and eventually the only way out of the app is to FC.
Is this just me? Or is vid recording still an ongoing issue? I should also point out that the bug list says vid recording not working (except 1080p) but I have the same freezing issue with 1080p too :(
I've just successfully recorded a 10 second 1080p video with 20140808 nightly ..

I've just successfully recorded a 10 second 1080p video with 20140808 nightly ..
In case it makes any difference, do you have Mi2S or Mi2? I have Mi2, with 20140808 nightly on system 1 and, Wiui on system 2 with TrueDualBoot enabled. Wondering if one of those differences is causing the issue for me.

*I might have to try wiping and reinstalling 20140808 nightly clean instead of as an update (though I do always wipe cache and dalvik.)

In case it makes any difference, do you have Mi2S or Mi2? I have Mi2, with 20140808 nightly on system 1 and, Wiui on system 2 with TrueDualBoot enabled. Wondering if one of those differences is causing the issue for me.
I have a Mi2S with CM on system1, don't know what I have on system2, probably an old version of MIUI. I think I don't have TrueDualBoot enabled. Question for you: do you experience random reboots? I think the random reboots are only applicable to the Mi2S

Reactions: lordbalders
I have a Mi2S with CM on system1, don't know what I have on system2, probably an old version of MIUI. I think I don't have TrueDualBoot enabled. Question for you: do you experience random reboots? I think the random reboots are only applicable to the Mi2S
Thanks for the quick update. No, on the Mi2 I haven't had any random reboots, so as you say, it could well be that only Mi2S have the reboot issue. CM11.0 has worked really smoothly for me, with the only problem I have had being the video recording :(

Think i solved my timely FC and playstore connection by flashing gapps linuxxx. Asked me for backupacc Gmail after reboot but everything seems fine after that

*I might have to try wiping and reinstalling 20140808 nightly clean instead of as an update (though I do always wipe cache and dalvik.)

Wiped System 1, which had 20140808 nightly on it. Did a clean install and then installed gapps-kk-linuxx-signed and on getting into the system I found that both the stock camera app, and the miui camera app I installed both record video in 1080P, 720P & 480P with no problems :)
So if anyone had the same problem I did with video recording not working, try giving the latest nightly a clean install instead of doing it as an update.

Thanks for the quick update. No, on the Mi2 I haven't had any random reboots, so as you say, it could well be that only Mi2S have the reboot issue. CM11.0 has worked really smoothly for me, with the only problem I have had being the video recording :(
Since you got a Mi2 I have a question for you, is Processor (CPU frequency & governor) under Settings - Performance working for you? (If you don't see the option you need to enable Developer settings first)

On my Mi2S, when I set the Minimum CPU frequency to any value, it jumps right back to 384 MHz, when I set Maximum CPU frequency, it may work for a while but it may change to some random value by itself after a few minutes. governor setting works fine though. I think there's just something wrong in Kernel related to CPU...

Thanks in advance.

Since you got a Mi2 I have a question for you, is Processor (CPU frequency & governor) under Settings - Performance working for you? (If you don't see the option you need to enable Developer settings first)

On my Mi2S, when I set the Minimum CPU frequency to any value, it jumps right back to 384 MHz, when I set Maximum CPU frequency, it may work for a while but it may change to some random value by itself after a few minutes. governor setting works fine though. I think there's just something wrong in Kernel related to CPU...

Thanks in advance.
I just went into the settings and set the minimum to 594 MHz and then selected Set on Boot. While I was on the screen the minimum stayed at 594 and after reboot it was still on 594, so it seems to work on my Mi2. Maybe a clean install would work for you (solved my camera problem) or otherwise it might be Mi2S related perhaps.

Depends on the device. Some carriers don't allow it. If you have a branded I think that's why you don't have it. You can use one of WiFi tehering apps u find on play store to do this. And I think u used cm installer so you were(/are) still running the old m2 released on Feb. A lot of things are changed in 5 months ;P
I follow this tutorial
I think that it's a problem of my rom. I try to install the nightly?

So i'm trying to install CM11 on my Mi2 but wifi stops working everytime i reboot. It can be fixed by booting to recovery and wiping cache/dalvik. I've installed a self built version i built today after doing a repo sync(did not modify anything) i'm going to also try the posted version from the OP and report but has anyone else experienced this?

EDIT: Same issue with official Nightly 20140809

Edit2: Seems to not be happening now...not sure what was going on it persisted with 2 full wipes of my self built version and 1 full wipe of official nightly...

Last edited: