[ROM][OFFICIAL][KitKat 4.4.3][ARIES] PAC-man 4.4 [Nightly]

A post for battery life. No tweaks. Just power save profile and ART.

I have to inform you that the below statistics are done with huge wakelocks from a *backup*. (I disable it using wakelock blocker through PAC Pellets. If I have better results after this I will repost screenshots

Screenshot_2014-06-30-15-48-28.png Screenshot_2014-06-30-15-48-35.png Screenshot_2014-06-30-15-48-41.png

Hi guys, i just wanna ask, since i don't know much about nightlies build. why the build is stopped at 20140710 as the last version? did it normally come out 'every night'?
btw, i am using this version which is based on android 4.4.4 so i guess please change the thread name for the OP.
and also, why the provided features are different with the gif screenshot (the slideshow pictures in the main page). there are pie, HALO, tablet mode etc., is it device specific only?
thanks

Hi guys, i just wanna ask, since i don't know much about nightlies build. why the build is stopped at 20140710 as the last version? did it normally come out 'every night'?
btw, i am using this version which is based on android 4.4.4 so i guess please change the thread name for the OP.
and also, why the provided features are different with the gif screenshot (the slideshow pictures in the main page). there are pie, HALO, tablet mode etc., is it device specific only?
thanks

I don't know why all features are not available on our phones, probably device specific thing, but what c/would I do with a table mode on a 4.3" screen ?! Anyway, I'm also waiting for an update! There's no reason to stop this at least 184 people use the 140710 ROM. And if you look at download pages, other phones also don't get updates still 07.10 even nexus phones. So wait and or cry for update!! :)

HALO doesn't exist anymore... now panaroid have developed HOVER. Same about pie, now is PEEK.

I don't know about tablet mode and other features, but i think that are not supported by last PAC 4.4

Peek shows latest notifications after picking up device -
Pie is quick actions accessible from the edge of the screen -
They are not the same.

Everything could be found in Customization section in Settings, most are in settings/interface. If it's not there, it's not elsewhere...

And if you look at download pages, other phones also don't get updates still 07.10 even nexus phones. So wait and or cry for update!! :)
They have a server problem, so until it's fixed no new builds
https://plus.google.com/102557242936341392082/posts/chYbysRk92G

HALO doesn't exist anymore... now panaroid have developed HOVER. Same about pie, now is PEEK.
I missed HALO too and PIE it's useful but I trust in PA developers, but this features aren't yet implemented in PAC, the only way to test it's someone port PA to our devices.

I had PAC on previous phones, and now I would like to try it on Mi2S.
Do you recommend it? Even this last dev build? If you've tried it, how do you compare it to MoKee?
Thank you.
It's OK and usable. I think last dev lack features of previous versions ( problem with the build server I think). Battery life its worst compared to gummy or CM. About mokee I don't trust them anymore since the trojan issue.
The best think you can do is try yourself and tell us what do you think!

Reactions: Fortinho
Yep! Battery life on PAC is worst, I prefer to say under/shorter than Mokee and CM (never tried Gummy) but I eventough do my day and a half (~20-24h with at least 1h screen on time) with a full charge depending on how I use and cell signal quality but this can decrease easily.
I'll update to last dev build, I expect no problem.

now they have made the second dev version. just curious, what is the difference between nightly and dev version?

Quote from PAC's Google+
Please under stand that as Pac (and android) are constantly evolving; the rapid evolution of Android (and therefore Pac) sometimes creates an experience where updating Pac on your device may feel like a step back.

You get it flashed, boot and then you have less features; this is what you call a rebase. A rebase is when you start the code fresh from google(AOSP)

And rebase started with last dev versions. So if you're addicted to some features and can't do without them, wait.. ROM and battery life are still good anyway.

I've just downloaded 8/08/14 version and is AWESOME! fluid, stable and insanely customizable!

ps: they have ported HALO!!

Reactions: TiKaZz
I would like to share with You some files like init.d scripts that was present into 140710 build and not in next builds.
So here are
-init.d scripts, missing files (applets..) to make them work
-my gps.conf
-a few buildprop tweaks
-2 boot animations from Wiui

All those are just cleaner, lighter or optimized for Mi2.
Just put them manually into the right pointed directories but before that, have a look into each folders for how'to or inti each file to know what You copy. I'm sure You know how to do the rest.
Ps: To activate or unactivate a script open init.d.cfg file located in etc. Don't forget permissions.

Edit: updated scripts: log only for start and stop and some other changes.
As I use different launcher and keyboard than pac's, change UserLauncher and Process4 com.kiktatandroid.launcher to Yours in 25loopy_smoothness_tweak script.
I'm also looking to run scripts every once every N day for zipalign, sqlite3, fixpermissions so if this make Your interest, I'll share.

Attachments

• PacMi2TweaksR1.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 285
Last edited:
why are links in white color in latest PAC release? for example in whatsapp i cant see the links because they are white on a white background...

how do i change link color? any idea @M1cha ?

Tried that PAC ROM (20140809), It feels fast, stable and very customizable, but for me battery life is really really poor. I got about 1h 30min of screen with a very very light use (about 4h of screen with MoKee).
I'll continue to have it some other days, and mabye I'll try Beyaz tweaks (thank you).

Last edited:
Tried that PAC ROM (20140809), I feel fast, stable and very customizable, but for me battery life is really really poor. I got about 1h 30min of screen with a use very very light (about 4h of screen with MoKee).
I'll continue to have it some other days, and mabye I'll try Beyaz tweaks (thank you).
I have 24h battery life with 2-2:30h and some background apps like music and things like that.... Try to calibrate the battery

I have 24h battery life with 2-2:30h and some background apps like music and things like that.... Try to calibrate the battery
I've already done that, mabye I had that bad battery performance due to poor signal strenght.
In these days I will have good signal, let's see what I get.