[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Hmm, is there a (short) list of the bigger current issues/bugs?

Sorry, was absent for a month: latest was on MI2s that updating wasn't advisable, something with CWM or recovery. So I'm still on an older rom (april). I now see normal and aroma installers. But I can't find anything (maybe too jetlagged?) on the Aries/Mi2 bit?

Last edited:
Fixed.
I re-flashed CWM and install sMIUI(Aroma) with default option.
My MI2S is working again.
what way did you re flashed cwm?
For I try flashed with update.zip file but error install.
By fastboot I can not because the USB DATA is broken

Hello! i just finished to install the last smiui (normal version not aroma), everything is good, but i have one question:
I do a backup with Miphone manager, but it's save all the apps and data of the phone?
Because when i restore backup, i loose all of my apps ans all of data of these apps (savegame, configuration,...)

Thank for you hard work

I've got a bug on Mi2S, normal version. At the lock screen i can't get fast access to the dialer (by swiping to the right). After swiping disappears everything (clock, camera and dialer icons) and only lock screen wallpaper stays.

Reactions: Ludovic815
I've got a bug on Mi2S, normal version. At the lock screen i can't get fast access to the dialer (by swiping to the right). After swiping disappears everything (clock, camera and dialer icons) and only lock screen wallpaper stays.
Mi2s, normal version 5.5.29, everything works at the lockscreen.

That happens to me as well. Mi2A normal version.

Me too. Mi2s, running the MIUI 5.5.29.
EDIT: 02.06.2015 12:12 EET: To make it clear-It is not the sMIUI 5.5.29.
Изпратено от моя XiaoMi Mi2S през Tapatalk

Last edited:
I thought at 5.5.22 on cancro, the cpu governor was set as ondemand state.
But at 5.5.29 it was set as interactive state on balanced mode.
Need more confirmation please....

Sent from my MI 4LTE using Tapatalk

Okay I try again:

I'm on 5,3,27
Newer versions apparently have new partition.
And after update, I can't revert if I want to? Right?
And recovery and/or CMW doesn't work anymore with new partition?
What if I make Nandroid and Miui backup and phone files to pc?

I thought at 5.5.22 on cancro, the cpu governor was set as ondemand state.
But at 5.5.29 it was set as interactive state on balanced mode.
Need more confirmation please....

Sent from my MI 4LTE using Tapatalk
ondemand was causing some problems, so I´ve set it back to interactive. But you can change it any time you want.

Okay I try again:

I'm on 5,3,27
Newer versions apparently have new partition.
And after update, I can't revert if I want to? Right?
And recovery and/or CMW doesn't work anymore with new partition?
What if I make Nandroid and Miui backup and phone files to pc?
Hi jack4ya,

let me try briefing you about the latest changes:

Your are on 5.3.27, this version still has the old partition layout.
Xiaomi decided to merge /data and /storage partition, lust like Mi4 has it eversince. The easiest way to perform that "repartitioning" is to Update your device with "Mi PC-Suite" ( You will find it on miui.com Download page ).
1. Preparation
That procedure will completely wipe your phone, so you better backup your data.
- 1 Boot to CWM and create a nandroid backup
- 2 Restart your phone and create a MIUI backup
- 3 Connect your phone to a computer and transfer everything you need ( Easiest way is to completely transfer the whole /sdcard/ content ! ) Otherwise make sure you at least transfer /sdcard/clockworkmod and /sdcard/MIUI - This is where your backups are stored.

2. Installation
- 1 Start the Mi PC-Suite on your Computer
- 2 Boot your device to Fastboot Mode and connect it via USB to your Computer
- 3 Mi PC-Suite will recognize it and ask you to flash latest MIUI Version.
- 4 Choose the latest Dev Build and start the installation process.
- 5 Wait until your device reboots to the newly flashed MIUI Version
- 6 Check your "Free Storage for Apps" in Settings, it should be ~29 GB now, congrats you are done.
- 7 Flash latest sMiUI Normal Version with the Miui Updater App and reboot your device.
- 8 Connect your device to your Computer and copy back the MIUI directory.
- 9 Restore your MIUI Backup or setup your phone manually from scratch (recommended)

3. CWM for latest versions
AFAIK there is no 100% working custom recovery by now. You will find a russian CWM but that only works with an old Application Bootloader, which is not compatible with flashing any official, xiaomi.eu or sMiUI ROM ! I do not recommend using such recoveries ! I´d wait for something stable!
INFO: Nevertheless I will keep releasing AROMA Versions for aries, I do not check for a new recovery everyday so maybe some of you find one and can use the AROMA Version at any time.

4. Going back to KK Version
Sure, its possible to go back, but you have to repartition your phone again with the old layout. This is not as easy as the procedure described in 2. ...
You would have to flash the old CWM with old aboot Image, reboot to CWM, execute some commands to repartition your device, flash an old Fastboot Version of MIUI, install CWM again and install sMiUI 5.3.27.
If you need that steps in detail, please let me know. I did it by myself.
Note: Please DO NOT delete your backups from 1. !!! If you want to go back from L to KK, you MIUI Backups will not work.
MIUI Backup created on KK can be flashed on Android L !
MIUI Backup create on Android L can NOT be flashed on KK !

Just try the latest Version, its quite good by now. The only thing I miss is a working recovery, lets see what happens in the future.

Last edited:
@sebsch1991, Thanks a lot for the comprehensive explanation above - helps a lot to understand the whole "merging" issue. Would you please be so kind and also explain how to deal with sMIUI on MiPad? I ask because - for my understanding - the official MIUI 5.4.24 (which is running on my MiPad) already is Lollipop. The new sMIUI 5.5.29 for MiPad is Kitkat, correct? If so, do I have to "de-merge"?

Any hints are highly appreciated...

Thanks a lot,

Mat

1. I use twrp 2.8.5 with smiui 5.4.17,it works well.but after i flash 5.5.22/29,i could not entet recovery mode or the recovery is replaced by original mi-recovery 2.01.the mobile phone stopped at white mi logo after i flash cwm philz and teamwin by fastboot and sdcard.does it a bug? I use the old partition not merged sd and data

Last edited:
I flashed sMiUI 5.5.29 normal version on my Mi2S
Here are the bugs I found so far:
  1. Can't access dialer from lockscreen (http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...r-clock-a-lot-more.25985/page-132#post-247805)
  2. Can't enable data while roaming (http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/rom-kk-v6-smiui-5-5-29-aroma-init-d-multilang-center-clock-a-lot-more.25985/page-117#post-245886)
  3. Bluetooth smart unlock with miband does not work after a reboot (key error)
  4. Poor bluetooth audio quality when playing music (sound seems saturated, is there a volume boost mod enabled in the normal version? )
Can anybody confirm these issues?

I flashed sMiUI 5.5.29 normal version on my Mi2S
Here are the bugs I found so far:
  1. Can't access dialer from lockscreen (http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...r-clock-a-lot-more.25985/page-132#post-247805)
  2. Can't enable data while roaming (http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/rom-kk-v6-smiui-5-5-29-aroma-init-d-multilang-center-clock-a-lot-more.25985/page-117#post-245886)
  3. Bluetooth smart unlock with miband does not work after a reboot (key error)
  4. Poor bluetooth audio quality when playing music (sound seems saturated, is there a volume boost mod enabled in the normal version? )
Can anybody confirm these issues?
Assuming youre talking about Mi2 - Yes, all of them are already reported to Xiaomi. We just have to wait for a fix.

I use twrp 2.8.5 with smiui 5.4.17,it works well.but after i flash 5.5.22/29,i could not entet recovery mode or the recovery is replaced by original mi-recovery 2.01.the mobile phone stopped at white mi logo after i flash cwm philz and teamwin by fastboot and sdcard.does it a bug? I use the old partition not merged 55tsdand data
custom recoveries are no longer supported. Please read what I wrote 5 Posts ago ...

@sebsch1991, Thanks a lot for the comprehensive explanation above - helps a lot to understand the whole "merging" issue. Would you please be so kind and also explain how to deal with sMIUI on MiPad? I ask because - for my understanding - the official MIUI 5.4.24 (which is running on my MiPad) already is Lollipop. The new sMIUI 5.5.29 for MiPad is Kitkat, correct? If so, do I have to "de-merge"?

Any hints are highly appreciated...

Thanks a lot,

Mat
Mi Pad is still KK. AFAIK There is no Android L build by now.
Further the repartitioning and Upgrade to Android L are completely independent! There is no need to repartition Mi-Pad.
Xiaomi only did that for the Mi2.