[rom] Sudamod 5.1

liquid1966

Members
Sep 6, 2014
Having said that I don't speak English well, let me tell you a ROM that I found on the Russian forum 4PDA (but it also speaks on the MIUI.ES forum) .ROM's name is Sudamod based I think, on Cyanogen . is much richer of features already integrated into the ROM and I haven't encountered the problems found on AOSP (the memory is not accessed), CM12 (alarm that crashes the phone) and Mokee (audio on the call and in the speakerphone, it's too low). I haved installed a few days, it works perfectly. battery ok.

31/08/2015 - new version here

Last edited:
Having said that I don't speak English well, let me tell you a ROM that I found on the Russian forum 4PDA (but it also speaks on the MIUI.ES forum) .ROM's name is Sudamod based I think, on Cyanogen . is much richer of features already integrated into the ROM and I haven't encountered the problems found on AOSP (the memory is not accessed), CM12 (alarm that crashes the phone) and Mokee (audio on the call and in the speakerphone, it's too low). I haved installed a few days, it works perfectly. battery ok.

does the rom have random reboots? can u post a link as well, thx

Ok i've just read the miui.es post and davix16 (the person who post it in spanish) says that the 2 days that he test the rom everything is working good like lastest ivan asop but with a lot of enchancement more that comes from cyanogenmod 12.1.The rom comes with the zip file of xposed installed by default and is was done to work with merged partitions but they post a patch to make the rom work with unmerged.
He says that battery is like ivan asop, alarm clock working, networks and sound working good...
im going to test it tomorrow but this is the miui.es link (spanish http://miui.es/index.php?topic=20989.0#page-content-wrapper) and i post the download links that he posted...

Rom:https://mega.co.nz/#!jMUUhLyJ!tFuj0Et5eIrhl22H5OxONtA4P0pzzPJMRYDsPnl5KmM

Patch:https://mega.co.nz/#!bMFAAYSb!Mds9r2ySXIyPVBySQqVOWgJ5UXo2tRSgtUy4M_SZcbQ

Gapps:https://mega.co.nz/#!yN9ngQSB!yxLRgXyXu4GlWj68SWVIe0Os0aoNj8yk1QQ1KOdq6S0

23/5/2015

hello, how do you import/export contacts from sdcard (not google sync)?
EDIT: nevermind, got it

Last edited:
For me it is not daily-usable because it has so many problems:

-facebook force close when you want to share a post already shared by another user
-emails are not synchronized properly and you can not download the attached files
-the camera does not focus well

well ... so many problems ... so I do not like this rom!

-facebook force close when you want to share a post already shared by another user
-emails are not synchronized properly and you can not download the attached files

Maybe I'm wrong but those problems, especially the one about the slow autofocus and the attachments are quite common also among other ROMs.

Maybe I'm wrong but those problems, especially the one about the slow autofocus and the attachments are quite common also among other ROMs.
You are right..the general problem is Lollipop

strange problems...but:

facebook, I don't use
email are synchronized
camera works fine

I'm testing this ROM right now and it's quickly becoming my new favourite one.

I avoided Ivan's and M1cha latest CM12.1 ROMs because of stability issues, so I sticked with Ivan's AOSP.

But this one is as stable as AOSP, despite being Cyanogenmod based. And while official CM12 still lacks many functionalities, this one doesn't need GravityBox for fine-tuning.
As a plus comes with latest xposed alpha preinstalled, which is nice.
Also the crippled default CM's root manager has been replaced with SuperSU, which offer much more personalisation.

I can't say much about the battery life, but deep sleep works correctly, so there shouldn't be surprises.

My advice is to switch to this one while waiting for M1cha's magic touch.

Last edited:
Switched to SudaMod just today, coming from AOSP.
I found a newer version on 4PDA and I uploaded it on mega:
09/06/2015 ---> https://mega.co.nz/#!dlNwgapS!MN3yXRDe-UvdxUxm9kOGRSetpM-iJVsPncqu-TmjiEU
No patch needed should work on both partition layout (I'm on unmerged one and it works).

I can't find Xposed app, not even on all app list in settings. Is my problem? I have to flash it anyway?
I figured out that the default memory is the internal one (3.45GB), mabye because this ROM is for merged partitions. Dunno how to change the default memory ------> flashing previous version with patch for unmerged pertition.

Last edited:
Reactions: MSephiroth
Can't help because I'm using the previous version and I have no plans to update.

Anyway xposed is already flashed, but you still need to install the frontend, the GUI. Which means that you have to install the app but there's no need to flash.

Reactions: Fortinho
On the 09/06 version there was dt2w on Gestures and Direct Control, tried couple of times, works good. But dunno if it drains battery.
Hope someone find a patch for 09/06 then.

Hey guys sorry for the inappropriate post here but i have to ask, because I check your comments and I realize that you have merged partitions and a working custom recovery too. Will someone help me? I Search and i found that it was easy as a simply "fastboot oem unlock" but is this the way you solved the problem and if yes, which recovery do you use. Is in Chinese or English? Thanks in advance

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Actually we have both the unmerged partitions scheme.

I'll add a question to yours, hoping there's someone willing to help us.

How do I merge partitions?

Backup everything you need. Everything. Clean flash a MIUI stable rom and open USB debbuging. Then install MiSuite at your windows PC. Open in fastboot mode your cell, and after that connect it to your PC. Then a select box will be pop up and you choose the one which says beta. After this step your phone will be like a brand new. You simply lose everything! Backup first dude... Don't forget. There is a topic at the en.miui forum. Your can check this out.

Reactions: heron
Hey guys sorry for the inappropriate post here but i have to ask, because I check your comments and I realize that you have merged partitions and a working custom recovery too. Will someone help me? I Search and i found that it was easy as a simply "fastboot oem unlock" but is this the way you solved the problem and if yes, which recovery do you use. Is in Chinese or English? Thanks in advance

http://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?threads/27739/
Zipalign provived a mirror: https://mega.co.nz/#!8ohT1QoZ!wwHlKs_4f1flPkUXqWumGQprFd3s0gaj3qNx87U_RiI
For the language question: http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...r-mi2-s-supports-tdb.25982/page-3#post-249560
Again what about gapps are they system app?
After flashing it yes (no GApps provided with the ROM only, like on CM, Mokee etc.).

Last edited:
Reactions: kamakasnh
Hi guys, want to try this rom but first want to ask those who have installed it. The bug with the mic being active only after 1-2 seconds after a call is active is also present in this rom? And can you pls check if there is a Slovak language in it? Thanks ;)

Hi guys, want to try this rom but first want to ask those who have installed it. The bug with the mic being active only after 1-2 seconds after a call is active is also present in this rom? And can you pls check if there is a Slovak language in it? Thanks ;)
I've attached the language list, can't help for the call bug 'cause I've not tested them yet.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1436616841892.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1436616841892.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 486
Reactions: silverbath
I can tell there are less bugs than other 5.1.1 roms ! It works really well on merged partitions

Envoyé de mon MI 2S en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: renardino
After 2 weeks using this rom, I can confirm it is very stable, smooth and customizable. But I noticed some bugs :
_ it's rare but while charging, it can stop charging even if it's plugged in and the battery logo is blinking
_ when the bug above occurs, the battery gets really hot
_ some issues with synchronisation, even if using wifi there are some anoying delays, maybe it's just a matter of setting, I don't find it
I think it's pretty much it for now

Envoyé de mon MI 2S en utilisant Tapatalk