[ROMs] [4.12.5] Android 5.0 Lollipop for Xiaomi Mi 2/2S by Ivan Download

I can only use my banking apps on 11.11 ROM as I an not interested in root. Some how this rom presents as unrooted and non custom ROM. Both the later ones are better as MMS works but banking apps will not work on either.

Just showing how battery is good on 4.11.11 with normal use (chatting, streaming music during the high slopes) and idling on the flat parts. The idle is excellent compared to other ROMS like CM11 nightly : 1% consumed for 3h30 idle time with 3G on.

The second chart shows idle with wifi on : there is a problem IMHO with that. The slope shouldn't be like 8% for 2h. "Keep wifi on during sleep" was set to "Always". But I think it's the default setting and shouldn't give that quick consumption.

I wish it was the same with 4.12.05 :-/

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-10-18-33-10.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-10-18-33-10.png
    150.9 KB · Views: 298
  • Screenshot_2014-12-10-18-37-57.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-10-18-37-57.png
    156.1 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Reactions: Quang Thiện
Can anybody help me rooting this version? Tried to flash latest SuperSu.zip from Chainfire's official site and got bootloop. Using CWM 6.0.5 by M1cha. Read that flashing wont work without 6.0.5. But where can I find latest CWM? Also is there any specific SuperSu version? and Do I need to flash the new CWM through ADB? Help me plz with details. Thanks.

Can anybody help me rooting this version? Tried to flash latest SuperSu.zip from Chainfire's official site and got bootloop. Using CWM 6.0.5 by M1cha. Read that flashing wont work without 6.0.5. But where can I find latest CWM? Also is there any specific SuperSu version? and Do I need to flash the new CWM through ADB? Help me plz with details. Thanks.

flash bootinsecure.img ( [ROMs] [4.12.5] Android 5.0 Lollipop for Xiaomi Mi 2/2S by Ivan Download )
and then flash SuperSu.zip from the CWM.

if CWM update is a zip then you can flash it from the recovery, if it's an .img, you can fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Last edited:
Reactions: pRomptER
Theres no longer need for that,pathed boot image is not needed.
Well, if I mention that, it's because that wasn't enough for me to flash SuperSu. From recovery I could exec the su binary dropped to the /system but from LL no chance.

Well, if I mention that, it's because that wasn't enough for me to flash SuperSu. From recovery I could exec the su binary dropped to the /system but from LL no chance.

Recovery doesnt use su binary located on system partition,download latest stable supersu.zip from XDA thread and flash again

Installing and Rooting without trouble:
1. Download the rom,gaaps ( the one that has 7 in the last) and SuperSu v2.35 zip file and put those on phone.
2. Enter recovery, CWM by m1cha will work fine.
3. Disable TDB, and then wipe data/ factory reset, wipe cache and dalvic cache.
4. Flash the rom.
5. Clear cache and dalvic cache again.
6. Now flash SuperSu zip.
7. After that reboot the device. First boot will take some time so be patient.
8. You will now see that ur device is rooted.
9. Finally reboot to recovery again and flash gaaps. reboot and enjoy.

Just showing how battery is good on 4.11.11 with normal use (chatting, streaming music during the high slopes) and idling on the flat parts. The idle is excellent compared to other ROMS like CM11 nightly : 1% consumed for 3h30 idle time with 3G on.

The second chart shows idle with wifi on : there is a problem IMHO with that. The slope shouldn't be like 8% for 2h. "Keep wifi on during sleep" was set to "Always". But I think it's the default setting and shouldn't give that quick consumption.

I wish it was the same with 4.12.05 :-/

Update: this last chart (android stock battery view) is from 4.12.05 in order to understand how bad the drain is during sleep mode with that version.

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-11-07-02-50.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-11-07-02-50.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Is there any way to set the mobile network to "3g only"? I only found the option "3g preferred".
I ask this because if i set to 3g preferred it always switch to 2g because the 3g signal is not strong enough i guess.

Is there any way to set the mobile network to "3g only"? I only found the option "3g preferred".
I ask this because if i set to 3g preferred it always switch to 2g because the 3g signal is not strong enough i guess.
go to dialer, enter code *#*#4636#*#*, choose "Phone information", pull down to bottom and choose which network type you want (WCDMA only = 3G only)

Reactions: shocks
Installing and Rooting without trouble:
1. Download the rom,gaaps ( the one that has 7 in the last) and SuperSu v2.35 zip file and put those on phone.
2. Enter recovery, CWM by m1cha will work fine.
3. Disable TDB, and then wipe data/ factory reset, wipe cache and dalvic cache.
4. Flash the rom.
5. Clear cache and dalvic cache again.
6. Now flash SuperSu zip.
7. After that reboot the device. First boot will take some time so be patient.
8. You will now see that ur device is rooted.
9. Finally reboot to recovery again and flash gaaps. reboot and enjoy.
cwm 6.0.5.0 and SuperSu v2.37 doesn't works ?

Wrong. With 6.0.5.0 i can't install supersu and going in bootloop but after the update to .5.1 i'm able to do that without problem (i'm not sure why).

You are wrong,I never had 5.1 and still have 5.0 and never accountered any bootloops especially ones after flashing SuperSU.