[ROMs] [4.12.5] Android 5.0 Lollipop for Xiaomi Mi 2/2S by Ivan Download

There is no real new feature in 6.0.5.1 version, just some (small) bug fixes. No big deal. You can keep 6.0.5.0, it works perfectly fine.

Reactions: thaimax
I do not believe it is a final version, otherwise there would be other source for such a rumour. I guess Doublemark just misinterpreted something he had read somewhere or didn't understand a difference between "last" and "final".

Well, if i am Not wrong the only difference between the two pico packages is that the Uni one seems to have a lower resolution which leads to a smaller size.
On our small screen you should see almost no difference.

I would recommend the bigger, non uni one ;)

Reactions: thaimax
I do not believe it is a final version, otherwise there would be other source for such a rumour. I guess Doublemark just misinterpreted something he had read somewhere or didn't understand a difference between "last" and "final".
That me show you...
In fact,it's old news.
Picture is copy from ivan's weibo.
Just copy it and use google translate

"Android 5.0(lollipop) for Xiaomi mi2/2s 【2014-12-05】 http://t.cn/RzoOe9B ,最后一版,然后就停更了!"

Ivan weibo"http://www.weibo.com/hqiwu#1418902564434"

Attachments

• 未命名.png
    未命名.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 353
Reactions: MSephiroth
Well, if i am Not wrong the only difference between the two pico packages is that the Uni one seems to have a lower resolution which leads to a smaller size.
On our small screen you should see almost no difference.

I would recommend the bigger, non uni one ;)
ok dowload the 79 mb one
in4.11.28 gapps are included as you sayd, which gapps ?

Installing and Rooting without trouble:
1. Download the rom,gaaps ( the one that has 7 in the last) and SuperSu v2.35 zip file and put those on phone.
2. Enter recovery, CWM by m1cha will work fine.
3. Disable TDB, and then wipe data/ factory reset, wipe cache and dalvic cache.
4. Flash the rom.
5. Clear cache and dalvic cache again.
6. Now flash SuperSu zip.
7. After that reboot the device. First boot will take some time so be patient.
8. You will now see that ur device is rooted.
9. Finally reboot to recovery again and flash gaaps. reboot and enjoy.
pa pico gapps works too?

"OK Google" now working here,
according to logcat Launcher3 (installed by Ivans Lollipop ZIP) reserves an Android permission needed by the Google search update so it cannot be installed via Playstore:

1) Installed and activated another launcher (Nova).
2) Deleted /system/app/Launcher3 via custom CWM script (Lollipop not rooted).
3) Updated Google search and installed Google Now Launcher via Playstore without errors.
4) Deactivated Nova Launcher leading to a black screen without the options popup to choose another launcher.
5) Rebooted to CWM, reinstalled Ivans Lollipop to quickly restore the Launcher3 package, rebooted again.

After this I was able to choose from Launcher3 and Google Now Launcher.

Voice search (weather and Chrome tested) works fine and without FCs, Google Keep refuses to save spoken notes, though. Not sure if this is a general bug or something else.

A thousand thanks to you and Alecsandru !
I could finally get Google Now Launcher working !
Installed third party launcher, uninstall Launcher3 , Google Now Launcher from /system/app/ with root browser.
Reinstall of Google now Launcher and Google Search : I was finally able to select it when pressing Home button.

No problem with Google Keep (Voice notes OK) nor Voice Search on my side.

I flash the rom but i have a problem with google.process.gapps.
I used paranoid android gapps lp and i flash all with cwm 6.0.5.0
Can someone help me?

Yes recovery has nothing to do with Su flashing. It doesn't come even with an init binary . the binary is actually a sh script.

It removes YouTube and another or two apps to make space and then copy su binaries etc. And try restoring those ggogle apk.

I read it does alter some Google files. Example after flashing su nexus 7 users couldn't use ota anymore ,(su deletes it apparently).

With lollipop image flashing system you loose space obviously if you flash something and run out of space during the process depending on your recovery may not exit with error code.

I have had many issue with pa camps for lollipop even with lightest. Not all the time of course

I prefer using this one https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/gapps?dl=gapps-lp-20141109-signed.zip

I have made a custom gapps package with some apps removed such YouTube gmail hangouts will share it.

About SU guys to those who didn't know superuser works perfectly and even better on cm12.
(Well in that case selinux policies aren't the same than googles)

Sent from my nexus 10

Reactions: MSephiroth
I searched this thread high and low, and cannot find an answer for getting 5.0 on my phone. I have the latest v6 on my phone.

MiFlash method doesn't work for me (cannot find flash*.bat). Also I cannot flash cwm because im on v6 ...

I'm a noob so I welcome any advice or link.