Safe stores,sites,sellers to buy Xiaomi phone's and accessories from

Hello everyone, I am new here. I have been a regular over on XDA Xperia PLAY section, but recently won a Mi-1S on ebay for $100. I have some questions, it appears that the phone has either a blue battery cover or just a cover over the back of it, I am not sure. Here is the link for the item in question:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unlocked-Xi...EFS%2B8%2B0zrmFHT5vEU%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

If this is simply a phone cover that sits over the battery cover where would I go to get a black battery cover? I have been searching and searching. I even selected the link above for the SIS site, and they do not list anything for the Mi-1S phone anymore. And of course eBay is thin on options. I have used TaoBao in the past, I have a chinese bank account. My wife is from China and we have spent several months there before, I opened a bank account there. Anyways, if someone can recommend a safe site that isnt too expensive that would be great. Thank you in advance.

Hello everyone, I am new here. I have been a regular over on XDA Xperia PLAY section, but recently won a Mi-1S on ebay for $100. I have some questions, it appears that the phone has either a blue battery cover or just a cover over the back of it, I am not sure. Here is the link for the item in question:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unlocked-Xiaomi-MI-1S-4-Android-4-0-Smartphone-3G-Cell-phone-/310736241219?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=TWOpa3p1ksEFS%2B8%2B0zrmFHT5vEU%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

If this is simply a phone cover that sits over the battery cover where would I go to get a black battery cover? I have been searching and searching. I even selected the link above for the SIS site, and they do not list anything for the Mi-1S phone anymore. And of course eBay is thin on options. I have used TaoBao in the past, I have a chinese bank account. My wife is from China and we have spent several months there before, I opened a bank account there. Anyways, if someone can recommend a safe site that isnt too expensive that would be great. Thank you in advance.

Also, I will wait before buying to make sure the phone is good, but are these good prices:

Black case:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160729286601?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Charger with 2 batteries:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281087255419?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Also I have confirmed with the seller that the battery plate is a blue color. Anyone know where I can get a black battery cover for the Mi-1s?

The first is a nillkin cover protection and it's awesome (i got one myself) rocksolid.
I wouldn't trust that much the charger and the batteries as they usually aren't original and their capacity last few hours.

The first is a nillkin cover protection and it's awesome (i got one myself) rocksolid.
I wouldn't trust that much the charger and the batteries as they usually aren't original and their capacity last few hours.

Gotcha. Thank you for the tips and links. I'll start looking there. So would you recommend the Shenzhen 24 seller?

So you have this case:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160729286601?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

And you would highly recommend it? I have actually been eyeballing it. But I wont buy any phone accessories until I have the phone and know for a fact I'm good. I have also been reading the threads on how to spot a fake and I asked the seller to email more photos of the phone prior to him shipping it and I thinks its legit, but I will confirm when it arrives. Should be here either by tomorrow or the day after at the latest.

Thanks again emaz. Is there a "thanks" button on this forum like on XDA?

I never bought anything from them but they have a high feedback and 7 user feedback comment on that product, so i'll trust them. In case you need some battery links let me know (pinsen and nohon are good)

I never bought anything from them but they have a high feedback and 7 user feedback comment on that product, so i'll trust them. In case you need some battery links let me know (pinsen and nohon are good)

Would you mind throwing out some good places for batteries and wall charger

@ozzmanj1 Aliexpress have a escrow system thats reliable, money won't be released to seller after you confirm the item.
For a 15 $ payment take it easy.

I personally "trust" more pinsen and Nohon (never tried out)

- Shenzhen Bigdealbox Technology Co., Ltd Nohon
- Shenzhen Sinobay Co.,Ltd Pinsen
- Shenzhen OnlySupplier Trade Co., Ltd Nohon+batterycharger
-YZ-electronic Store No.1 Momax

Saving money on a battery is never a good idea as they could be poorly manufactured, that means charge doesn't last a the right amount of time or in bad cases malfunctionating and rarely exploding (lithium isn't that friendly when gets in touch with the air).
Take in mid a too low price could turn out in bad quality.

So always check buyers feedback on the item, check negative seller's comments.

Reactions: ozzmanj1
Thank you! I have gone ahead and ordered a replacement black battery cover/plate. Also, I just noticed that my phone is listed as a Mi-1s (of course a simple build.prop mod can change it to whatever we want) but my phone is listed as CPU speed of 1.5gz, despite it listing as a Mi-1S. I thought they were clocked at 1.7ghz for this model?

Oh and I have confirmed it is a legitmate phone, compared photos and the IMEI #. That was a relief....

We're getting off topic so far, anyway no difference, the cpu is just clocked at 1.5 ghz (there's not that big increase of speed)

We're getting off topic so far, anyway no difference, the cpu is just clocked at 1.5 ghz (there's not that big increase of speed)

Yeah I did a search afterwards. Okay, sorry to take this thread off topic. Now.... back on topic. Thanks emaz

check on which frequency 3g works for your country, anyway the phone is "international" so it works in europe

Hi,

I want to buy Mi2S 32GB, but to avoid high customs fee, I am looking for y brother who is in Beijing to buy it and bring it over here in Serbia.

I was browsing through the sites in 1st post and almost none of them ship it to China, and I'm not sure if 2 sites which were posted on previous page sell unlocked phones.

I stumbled upon www.xiaomiworld.com which has a pretty decent price for both phones and shipping, so could anyone tell if they had experience with it.

Thanks

Like eBay, how do you check if a seller from aliexpress is trustworthy or not ?

Also, I know ebay's return and refund policy.

How does aliexpress protect buyers? what is their refund policy ?

I bought two Hongmi and some accessories (screen protector, piston earphone) @ Ibuygou.
Good service and (but a little bit long) shipment (to France) by DHL.