Samsung Galaxy SII - Bugs in the latest rom (2.8.17)

ToMmY_hun

Members
Mar 16, 2012
I'll keep this topic updated, so we do not have to make a new thread for the bugs every week. I hope the developer will get this information somehow, so we can help them to develop this amazing rom and make it better and better. :)

I'm far away from keyboard. Next update is coming on 1st, September.
Actual version: 2.8.17

Fixed:

• Mobile Networks / Network Operator - Leaded to a Froce Close in previous versions, working properly now.
  • System/Phone/About - Finally it has been fixed. Thanks! :)
Bugs/Problems:

• LBE Guard: Granting root acces doesn't work properly, File Manager applications can not reach the system folders like root/Data or root/sys
    Temporary fix: Install and use SuperSU from Google Play
  • Settings/Personal/Security & Privacy/Credential Storage/Install from SD Card Leads to a FC
  • Phone Freezes after using USB File Transfer mode.
  • WiFi toggle randomly stucks in (not sure, just thinking)
  • Unread SMS count and message preview does not show on lockscreen
  • Transparent Lockscreen Wallpaper has gone. We have got it as a feature but now we do not have it.
Please always try to make a clean install without using backup before you report a new bug or problem.

************************************************************************************************************

Bugs in previous versions:

Bugs in version 2.8.10

Fixed:

• Nothing :(
Bugs/Problems:

• LBE Guard: Granting root acces doesn't work properly, File Manager applications can not reach the system folders like root/Data or root/sys
  • Mobile Networks / Network Operator: It leads to a Force Close
  • System/Phone/About: It's still force closing.
  • WiFi toggle randomly stucks in
  • Transparent Lockscreen Wallpaper has gone. We have got it as a feature but now we do not have it.
Bugs in version 2.8.3

Fixed:
  • GPS problems
  • Magnifying glass is working properly
  • Copying contact's number to clipboard is working
Bugs/Problems:

• Changing Network Operator: It leads to a Force Close
  • System/Phone/About: It's still force closing.
  • WiFi toggle randomly stucks in
Bugs in version: 2.7.27

Fixed:
- Music player battery drain ;)

Bugs/Problems:

• Move to SD option is unavaiable
  • Copy contacts to clipboard not working. You get message contact is copied to clipboard but when you paste nothing happens. This has been there since the beginning,reported about 15 times and never got a response.
  • Call can not be answered with headset button
  • 3G text appears on the status bar if you are on HSDPA networks
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bugs in version 2.7.20

Bugs/Problems:

• Music player drains battery: It works normally when the phone is not locked, but drains the battery when it is. The problem is caused by the default lock screen (the circle-shaped one) and there is no problem if another lockscreen is activated.
    Temporary fix: Use another lock screen. The secondary default is working fine (the one with the slide down mechanism)
  • GPS not working: Location has been set to North America by default.
    Temporary fix: Use "FasterFix" from Google Play and set your location in the program. After that the GPS will work properly.
  • Move App to SD card option not available.
  • Copy contacts to clipboard not working. You get message contact is copied to clipboard but when you paste nothing happens. This has been there since the beginning,reported about 15 times and never got a response.
  • Gallery crashes if it has too many folders/pictures in it. I recently put 300 different ebooks in my phone and because of the amount of covers the gallery had to load, it would crash every time until I removed them

Adding to the list after confirming all of the above
  • Music player drains battery: It works normally when the phone is not locked, but drains the battery when it is. The problem is caused by the default lock screen (the circle-shaped one) and there is no problem if another lockscreen is activated.
    Temporary fix: Use another lock screen. The secondary default is working fine (the one with the slide down mechanism)
  • GPS not working: Location has been set to North America by default.
    Temporary fix: Use "FasterFix" from Google Play and set your location in the program. After that the GPS will work properly.
  • Move Apps2SD card option not available...not sure if this is a bug but please can someone confirm?
  • Copy contacts to clipboard not working. You get message contact is copied to clipboard but when you paste nothing happens. This has been there since the beginning,reported about 15 times and never got a response. It should be a very easy fix...
  • Gallery crashes if it has too many folders/pictures in it. I recently put 300 different ebooks in my phone and because of the amount of covers the gallery had to load, it would crash every time until I removed them

Reactions: ToMmY_hun
Confirm all the bugs, clean install here

Also, press/trying to choose a network make it crash
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

About under Settings / Status crash as before.
Don't say that GPS isn't working, it's just not as fast to get a position as when it's set right.

Can confirm that Music CPU, LBE Permissions and GPS fix work like a charm!

Nicely done by adding how to fix under!

I get very frequent complete phone freeze/crashes when using DOLPHIN HD browser. Can anyone else try the browser and let me know if they get this kind of problems?

No single crash until now using dolphin, fresh install here

Sent from my GT-I9100

my contacts name is not showing when I receive a call... any workaround I'm not aware of it?

Batch delete doesn't works in either sim or phone contacts

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I have an error message after one day of using MIUI 2.7.20 with Siyah kernel 3.4.1..."SD card storage blank or unsupported filesystem format" Not happening with other roms with same kernel..any fix for this?

If you install the latest version of BusyBox from the market it should fix the issues regarding "LBE Guard".

any one noticed this in s2...go to settings--->about phone-->click on status (battery status, battery level etc) its not working you get the message " unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped"
and in the same settings-->mobile networks-->network operators you get the same message... and
for Wifi-->advanced settings " keep wifi on during sleep" if we select never it doesnt work at all...wifi will be always enabled

for Wifi-->advanced settings " keep wifi on during sleep" if we select never it doesnt work at all...wifi will be always enabled

Isnt this just messed up translation, or messed up arrays? In my language (here translated back to english), the headline says "Turn off WiFi automatically" and i get these 3 options: when screen turns off, when not connected, never - and it works just like it says..

any one noticed this in s2...go to settings--->about phone-->click on status (battery status, battery level etc) its not working you get the message " unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped"
and in the same settings-->mobile networks-->network operators you get the same message... and

Confirmed...needs to be added to first post and fixed

Sent from my GT-9100@MIUI 2.7.20+Siyah kernel v3.4.1 CPU@1600 GPU@400

sorry my bad....i was directly referring to the problem...it says "keep wifi on during sleep" and the options we get 1.Always, 2.only when plugged in 3. never.

try selecting never but it doesn't work, the wifi is always enabled (draining battery) which we can see in the battery usage graph...

I can confirm as well. The same on my SGII.

Lets have everyone re-tell me whats still broken in today's release for these bugs. I will then get Xiaomi on this.

Thread Cleaned.

I'm downloading the rom and the bugs which ones I'll found will be posted today in the first post.
Guys, tell us if you experience new or not mentioned .bugs

Here are couple:
- No audio during internet call (SIP) using ICS native client
- Gallery won't play movies recorded from original ICS touchwiz ROM

In 2.7.27 ... the same issues which are mentioned in this post are also there.....gps works fine and there is a delay in switching from 2G to 3G it takes time....