Samsung Galaxy SII - Bugs in the latest rom (2.8.17)

it seems to me that 2.8.3 is not overheating while charging like previous release.

First post has been updated. The new upload hasn't got the System.app issue and because of that, please do not report it.

how about this bug in 2.8.3 version? fixed?
  • Unread SMS count and message preview does not show on lockscreen

Havent had these problems untill this update.
  • No sound when I recieve text msg's
  • Said above by with SMS count and ...

I've tried it and there is no problem at all. Have you tried to wipe dalvik cache and user data?

When I want to change my notification tone for whatapps, It direct me to miui theme menu instead of taking me to notification sound/music list

Have you notice the BROWSER bug, there is nowhere a search bar, look at this screenshot, it's the basic miui browser:
screenshot2012080611074.png
and with dolphin browser:
screenshot2012080611080.png
, i like miui browser more BUT how can i deal with this problem?

Custom fonts are disabled??

And in music>playlist>recently added the song aren't in order by date! :(

(SGS2, siyah kernel v3.3.2, MIUI 2.8.3)

LBE Guard: Granting root acces doesn't work properly, File Manager applications can not reach the system folders like root/Data or root/sys

check this solution:
open LBE Guard app > Manage ROOT Permissions > turn OFF and then turn ON root permissions, after that touch apps and select allow for each app you want!

worked for me!

check this solution:
open LBE Guard app > Manage ROOT Permissions > turn OFF and then turn ON root permissions, after that touch apps and select allow for each app you want!

worked for me!
I've tried it but not working on my device. root/Data folder is empty but it isn't if I use SuperSU.

LBE Guard works fine for me, SGS2. Did an Factory/Wipes.

But one thing is that I have lost network 2-3 times and can't get it back until I rebooted the phone... Kind of a deal breaker if you are waiting for a phone call and it suddenly does a "No service" :(

Also, Magnifying glass works.. but is's really laggy!

Guys, I can't move files from a folder to other. (using miui file explorer)
did someone had this bug?
any workaround?

tky

Will you include that they removed transparent wallpaper from the lockscreen?
They had added that feature and since last weeks rom it's gone.

Reactions: ToMmY_hun
I have a problem, wipe cache and everything, my phone starts for 5 seconds then the logo of xiaomi pops out and the phone starts again and again, i will reflash, brb. NOW IT S GOOD! I don t have the problem.

Also not working is reading mode. It has been in the browser for several weeks now but it doesn't work. The button that supposedly enables it is not on the address bar or in any other bar, including quick controls.