Schedules for DND (Do Not Disturb) mode.

Mika_M

Members
Aug 7, 2021
Hi all,

I got a new Xiaomi Mi 11 lite 5G recently running MIUI Global 12.5.3, and while overall this phone is very good, there is one disappointing thing related to Do Not Disturb mode. And I'd very grateful if Mi 11 lite users can confirm or deny whether they see the same behavior or not.
The problem is that there seems to be no way to create multiple schedule timers for DND mode, and a user has to either enable it (selecting turn on/off time and days) or disable.
On all other Xiaomi I have now in my family, it's possible to create multiple schedule timers for DND and Silent modes, the simplest usage example is when a user creates one schedule for workdays and another one for weekends.
Here are the screenshots from Mi 11 lite and Redmi Note 8T:
Xiaomi_Mi_11_lite_5G_Screenshot_2021-08-07-11-15-28-048_com.android.settings.jpgXiaomi_Redmi_Note_8T_Screenshot_2021-08-07-11-22-28-958_com.android.settings.jpg

Does Mi 11 lite really lack this feature?

Last edited:
Reactions: arfath
Hi all,

I got a new Xiaomi Mi 11 lite 5G recently running MIUI Global 12.5.3, and while overall this phone is very good, there is one disappointing thing related to Do Not Disturb mode. And I'd very grateful if Mi 11 lite users can confirm or deny whether they see the same behavior or not.
The problem is that there seems to be no way to create multiple schedule timers for DND mode, and a user has to either enable it (selecting turn on/off time and days) or disable. See the screenshot below:
On all other Xiaomi I have now in my family, it's possible to create multiple schedule timers for DND and Silent modes, the simplest usage example is when a user creates one schedule for workdays and another one for weekends. Screenshot from Redmi Note 8T:
Here are the screenshots from Mi 11 lite and Redmi Not 8T:
View attachment 38170View attachment 38171

Does Mi 11 lite really lack this feature?

Yeah same issue on Mi 11 Pro in 12.5.11 well not an issue just an inconvenience.

Take a look under Digital Wellbeing / Do Not Disturb. You can set multiple time periods but I have not yet found out if you can for example have DND active during calendar events.

Reactions: Gralfitox
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This option doesn't works since last update. That menu is missing

No. DND button goes to same options with only one time period.
I just checked and you are correct. I had an update over a week ago that must have prevented this workaround.

I think because I set the schedules before, they should work but I won't be able to change them.

I don't understand why they thought it was a good idea to only have one DND schedule and then try and block every access to the old page which probably still exists.

With last update they are messed up a lot of useful functions.
If they don't want we have more than one DND schedule, I will use tasker for do it but I will think on it when I plan change my phone.
maybe miui is not the next option I choose

Hey all, found a new workaround on Reddit thanks to u/BusFan10

Simply install this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.szalkowski.activitylauncher

Once installed, search for "silentmodesettings" and press it. Then it will take you to the old silent mode screen that lets you add multiple schedules.
IMG_20220112_224548.jpg

EDIT: just found a new schedule menu. You can find it by search for this in the activity launcher app: com.android.settings.Settings$ZenModeAutomationSettingsActivity

Last edited:
Cant see digital wellbeing, latests stable mi 11 lite 5g
Hi Gralfitox,

Please see my newer post that has an updated workaround:

Simply install this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.szalkowski.activitylauncher

Once installed, search for "silentmodesettings" and press it. Then it will take you to the old silent mode screen that lets you add multiple schedules.
IMG_20220112_224548.jpg

EDIT: just found a new schedule menu. You can find it by search for this in the activity launcher app: com.android.settings.Settings$ZenModeAutomationSettingsActivity

Reactions: Gralfitox
Hi Gralfitox,

IMG_20220112_224548.jpg

I used an app called activity manager which allows you to add a shortcut to the home screen but it is harder to use than activity launcher due to the search function not searching individual settings within the settings.

IMG_20220206_224607.jpg
Screenshot_2022-02-06-22-48-02-422_com.android.settings.jpg

Hi Gralfitox,

IMG_20220112_224548.jpg

Hi, I did, and by the way, found the previously set dnd modes on my last device. Anyway, seems a bit strange to have to install third party apps, wich I dont know about its safety 100%, maybe developers could take this into account for future roms, dont know how to make them know about it, or if simply by talking about this here is enough.

Thank you.

Reactions: shenzhensearch
Hi, I did, and by the way, found the previously set dnd modes on my last device. Anyway, seems a bit strange to have to install third party apps, wich I dont know about its safety 100%, maybe developers could take this into account for future roms, dont know how to make them know about it, or if simply by talking about this here is enough.

Thank you.
Hi, it seems that the settings exist within MIUI and there is just no button to access them without installing a third-party app. Don't know what DND looks like in MIUI 13. Here is a pic of the "new" DND schedules page using the "com.android.settings.Settings$ZenModeAutomationSettingsActivity" setting (might be what we get in MIUI 13):
Screenshot_2022-02-07-10-21-46-997_com.android.settings.jpg

You should find one of the main Devs on this forum and @ them or see if there is a Developer thread.

Hope this helps!

Oh, maybe I didn't explain myself, I am in MIUI 13 already, and there is no such screen, only this one, at least I couldn't get to it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-02-07-12-32-49-790_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-02-07-12-32-49-790_com.android.settings.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 670
Hi, it seems that the settings exist within MIUI and there is just no button to access them without installing a third-party app. Don't know what DND looks like in MIUI 13. Here is a pic of the "new" DND schedules page using the "com.android.settings.Settings$ZenModeAutomationSettingsActivity" setting (might be what we get in MIUI 13):View attachment 40893
You should find one of the main Devs on this forum and @ them or see if there is a Developer thread.

Hope this helps!

@Igor Eisberg dont know if this is the correct way to make you aware of this "bug"?

How do you get to com.andr...... setting?

Oh, maybe I didn't explain myself, I am in MIUI 13 already, and there is no such screen, only this one, at least I couldn't get to it.
Ah, didn't realise that. But it is still in the settings, just hidden. Why would they bother redesigning that menu? I think it will come in a future update.

Maybe it has to do with digital wellbeing gone, cause before flashing MIUI 13, DND multiple schedule were available under this menu. Noe digital wellbeing seems to be switch to "screen time" wich doesn't include anything related to DND as you can see here

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-02-07-13-16-33-863_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2022-02-07-13-16-33-863_com.android.settings.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_20220207_131657.jpg
    IMG_20220207_131657.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 216
  • Screenshot_2022-02-07-13-16-59-889_com.xiaomi.misettings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-02-07-13-16-59-889_com.xiaomi.misettings.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 210
Hi, just a week with Xiaomi 11T and got screwed with this DND. Had set the shedule which works. But, though i have enabled notification for repeated callers, my phone didn't ring. Missed an emergency call. Deeply regretting coming to Xiaomi.