In Progress SGS2 2.8.31 IR Sensor bug

VladislavG

Members
Apr 11, 2012
The infrared sensor activates for a few seconds every time I unlock my phone, which is getting pretty annoying since hovering my finger near it will turn the screen off.

I haven't had this issue in previous versions.

Edit: The sensor stays on indefinitely if it is not triggered.

its new feature... for prevent unlock in the pocket....

don't have this "problem"
flashed dorimanx 5.71 kernel, haven't tried stock though.

update:
unlocking with home button leads to IR on (never used home button to wake up my phone actually)

Reactions: VladislavG
this is really annoying haha.. the sensor keep on about nearly 20s after unlocking by pressing home button... it also randomly stays ON.. but while unlocking using the power button the sensor is not ON (so how this feature work?) too much wakelock caused by sensor (acceleromenter).

they should give us the freedom (as options) if we want to enable this feature >_<

I also encounter this issue on my SGS2 with 2.8.31, did not realize it was supposed to be a feature. Please provide an option to turn this off. Thanks!

don't have this "problem"
flashed dorimanx 5.71 kernel, haven't tried stock though.

update:
unlocking with home button leads to IR on (never used home button to wake up my phone actually)
Well that's interesting I guess. Seems like I'll have to get used to unlocking my phone this way because it works as you say it does.

Lets agree, a feature that doesnt work properly is a bug :p haha

And i dont think we should change the way we unlock our phone just avoid this bug -_- (habit rules)

Reactions: iulin
The feature has a disable button in the next version, and it was refined. So you might not even have to disable it.

Reactions: VladislavG