Shutdown At 20%

Teph12

Members
Jul 16, 2016
Hello,
I am currently on the last xiaomi.eu Miui 7 weekly, but I had the same problem with previous versions.

For weeks now my mi4c shuts down randomly at around 20%. Sometimes I am able to boot it up for some seconds, just to see the battery is at 1%. After some moments of charging it is at 20% again.

Is there anybody else with this issue? I didn't want to use miui8 because of the bigger battery drain, I will try CM13 in the next days.

Thanks for your help

Reactions: adan joseph
I have exactly the same problem. I am looking for a solution.
It has happened to me three times. Two this week. The first one several months ago.

I also have this problem on my Mi4C. also using the xiaomi.eu miui 7 weekly.

lately it's been so bad that the battery might be at 40% and I do something power-intensive (such as shooting or watching a video) -> the phone dies and after that it's at 0% and can't start up.

Also i have the feeling my battery degraded dramatically since i had the phone (~6 months now)
could this be related to quickcharge?

Sorry for the late reply, I just recently managed to install cm13. Since then, the problem occured two times, so cm didn't solve it. Neither did the battery calibrator app... It seems to me that this is a hardware failure. I'm thinking about buying a new battery...

Reactions: Mohammad Talha
Hello everyone,

I am currently having the same problem with ym Mi4C. Sometimes it shuts down randomly under 20%. I did some searches online, tried to recalibrate my battery, tried to flash a new ROM, even tried to flash the new boot.img available from smiui.net.
So far no success...
However I don't think it is a hardware problem.
I noticed that when my phone shuts down, let's say with 15% battery left, and I decide to reboot it it will display 1% and shuts down again 1 or 2 minutes later.
However, I tried to several times to reboot into Recovery (TWRP by Team superluminal) and it actually displays the same amount of battery than before shutting down. Once more, if i try to reboot to system then I get this very sad 1% battery.

Besides, I could notice that if the battery is low (under 20%) and you let your phone WITHOUT unlocking you can reach 0% normally. The problem occurs ONLY when you are interacting with your phone; such as watching a YouTube or browsering the Web.

I don't know if it would help but if someone has an idea (even a stupid one) that could be interesting!

Current ROM : Smiui (stable 7.5.4.0

Reactions: Mohammad Talha
Hello everyone,

I am currently having the same problem with ym Mi4C. Sometimes it shuts down randomly under 20%. I did some searches online, tried to recalibrate my battery, tried to flash a new ROM, even tried to flash the new boot.img available from smiui.net.
So far no success...
However I don't think it is a hardware problem.
I noticed that when my phone shuts down, let's say with 15% battery left, and I decide to reboot it it will display 1% and shuts down again 1 or 2 minutes later.
However, I tried to several times to reboot into Recovery (TWRP by Team superluminal) and it actually displays the same amount of battery than before shutting down. Once more, if i try to reboot to system then I get this very sad 1% battery.

Besides, I could notice that if the battery is low (under 20%) and you let your phone WITHOUT unlocking you can reach 0% normally. The problem occurs ONLY when you are interacting with your phone; such as watching a YouTube or browsering the Web.

I don't know if it would help but if someone has an idea (even a stupid one) that could be interesting!

Current ROM : Smiui (stable 7.5.4.0

today it happened on my phone too. it suddenly shutdown when battery 20%. the first time. it never happens before when running on previous version MIUI.eu, or CM13, MK60. SO i also think it's not related to hardware. hope it could be fixed.

Hello,
temporarily I had the same problem with the battery. after calibrating and change rom she has disappeared.
Admonish a calibration (with root rom) and a long load before buying another battery

I'm currently writing this with 5% battery - haven't gone this far in ages. Newest weekly from here. Fingers crossed that it's fixed :)

Having the same issue :( Just replaced the battery and it did it again, shut down at 16%. So I guess it's a ROM problem, and not related to hardware directly. I will now try to change to the newest ROM, lets hope for good results....