So at beginning we don't have miui v6

The company has lost credibility,mi2/2s can upgrade to Android 4.4?
LOL
we are just a tip of the iceberg. they will still growing strong even without the mi2. they just joined up with SONY in their smart TV line. i can't imagine when they finally invade USA. At least mi2 is not forgotten yet unlike mi1.

we are just a tip of the iceberg. they will still growing strong even without the mi2. they just joined up with SONY in their smart TV line. i can't imagine when they finally invade USA. At least mi2 is not forgotten yet unlike mi1.
but mi1 burn with android 2.3.5 and get 2 updates. ->4.0 and 4.1.2. And Mi2 burn 4.1 - 4.1...

Reactions: Fortinho
What? We knew it will ne updated but end of year 4.1 v6 that's thè problem
Italian MIUI forum asked about it and Xiaomi says: "it plans and opportunities. exact information is not available"....
I do not believe them, but I feel that they are doubtful

Yes. those were addressed in the link from geek.miui.com also but the funny thing was they are saying there will be 4.4 miui upgrade for mi2 line in the future.
Lol, and Xiaomi thinks I believe this bullcrap? They say this kind of stuff to calm the storm that is going on right now, to give us some sort of hope. It would be stupid to port MIUI 6 now to 4.1 and later spent even more time in creating a 4.4 ROM. Wasted time and money. They obviously don't want to deal with new bugs that will arise from upgrading to KitKat. In fact, it looks like they are avoiding this at all cost because they are even willing to port MIUI 6 back to 4.1. The cheapest way is to use the stable 4.1 base to minimize serious (low level) bugs and build MIUI 6 on top of that. The bugs in MIUI 6 will be fixed anyways with the weekly updates.

Guys, it will not happen. Mi2/Mi2S will officially stay on 4.1 forever.

(the following was translated using google translate, original source: http://www.miui.com/thread-1939549-1-1.html)

Lei Feng Online today published an interview with the peak of the article, there are many ideas about the future development of millet, really very innovative. One of the most important is the peak mentioned something about miui6 adapted millet 2.

Reads as follows

"Hung Feng: we will release in a couple of weeks (for millet two phones) test version of MIUI 6, because we know that our fans are anxious inside this version has not yet decided which Android-based kernel, to the time you will. see the results. "

So within three weeks, we should be used on a simple version of some consolation mood, another 4.4 version of the kernel is still possible.

So, everyone's anger and solidarity has played a certain role, we continue to make millet experience our strength!

http://www.leiphone.com/news/201408/srZrCL4Q8SViTSEO.html

He doesn't say if it's kk or jb tho, he says we'll get v6 based on as yet undisclosed version...