So at beginning we don't have miui v6

Well i think they manage to bring us to say "ok xiaomi goodbye"...they think ok we manage to do v6 for mi2 after months and 4.1 base...but i change phone in some weeks...
anyway if you want always last nexus is the way...unfortuantely i dont like it

i asked about 4.4 :)
I think it's real screenshots..

Unfortunately, nope. Those photos are real (I mean they're not photoshoped) but it's just showing some pictures.

Just download one of the photos, the clock on screen shows: "06:34 8月16日 周六" (06:34 August 16th Saturday) and if you check the EXIF of that photo, it's taken at 11:28 2014/08/17. And the phone is connected to internet it can't be displaying the wrong time.

The OP of the post stated at the bottom of his post clearly:

注:此贴只是为了讽刺MIUI官方某人在微博上说的屉里躺着4.4的miui6的小米2s,有种就放包,没种就别放话!大家心知肚明就行了!

Translation:
PS: This post is only for satirize some official MIUI guy stated on his weibo saying he has a 4.4 based Mi2S lying in his drawer. If you got it, release the rom, else don't say a word about it. Everyone should understand what I meant.

PS: It seems someone gets me wrong, by the word "lying" I'm using the definition: (of a person or animal) be in or assume a horizontal or resting position on a supporting surface.

Let me clear some things out.

Is there going to be MIUI 6 for Mi2 series?

Yes. It has been officially confirmed, it will be released to test group (not public) at the end of this year.

Is there going to be official 4.4 based MIUI 6 for Mi2 series?

No. The official statement is they have started working on port MIUI 6 to Mi2 series based on Android 4.1.

Is there going to be "unofficial" 4.4 based MIUI 6 for Mi2 series?

Yes. ivan (秋叶随风, a important member of the MIUI development team) has already released 4.4 based MIUI V5 for Mi2 series, as he stated he's doing this only on his own interest, not the official act of the Xiaomi company. This version of MIUI V5 is like the ones for non-Xiaomi phones, unstable (like our CM11), incomplete (not all features included)

Should we be happy about this "unofficial" release?

What can I say... Maybe yes - you got 4.4 based MIUI 6 after all.
Maybe not - it's just ivan's own work, not officially supported, tons of bugs, unstable, not fully functional.

Yet there's something interesting:

Sun Peng (孙鹏, one of Xiaomi founding members, Software engineer, Ecological chain product planning director) posted on his weibo:
秋大做的米2上的Android 4.4 + MIUI V5早就发了啊,有需求自己到论坛下载即可,这三条正好说明我一直都很有信用。而且秋大不止一个人在战斗,我们已经给秋大增加了人手,很快就有秋大版MIUI 6了。秋大只面向发烧友,伟星说的是普通用户,两个版本,两种用户,没有问题。

Translation:
Android 4.4 + MIUI V5 made by ivan has already been released, if you need it just go to our forum to download it. I've always been a disloyal person. And ivan is not working on his own, we have already assigned more man to ivan, there will be ivan's MIUI 6 soon. Ivan's version only target at enthusiasts, the version of Wei Xing's (MIUI senior engineer) is targeting at normal users. Two versions, two kinds of users, no problem.

The translation may sound wierd, he was not posting this along, but as a reply to someone questions him about the promise he made before (like "Mi2 series is the top seller in China, currently we're putting Mi2 at the first when developing MIUI, there's no reason not to support it.")

Using ivan's own work like it's what he promised to support, what a disloyal person.

And, ivan just stated on his weibo the day before Sun Peng made that post that he will not be continue working on supporting Mi2 series, Wei Xing will take over the job. And today, to everyone's surprise Sun Peng made that statment - even ivan himself isn't aware about any of that - That's the part I call this "interesting".

Last edited:
Santa Barbara...I don't like Ivan ROM, because it based on Xiaomi old and bad sources .
We need new sources, with new libs for camera, and new drivers for Wifi and all or we need official update to KK.

If Xiaomi would not upgrade Mi2/2S it's a very bad choice... some users will be disappointed about it! And bringing MIUI V6 with JB 4.1 it's a joke for us!! It's better to say: no upgrade anyway!
:mad:

Reactions: Michachu
This version of MIUI V5 is like the ones for non-Xiaomi phones, unstable (like our CM11), incomplete (not all features included)

Xiaomi is just furious at the fact that CM is working so well...
Yes, the nightlies do contain some faults but that's why they are nightlies.
The first milestone CM is rock solid and is perfectly stable when installed properly ( have 2 mi2s phones running both v5 and CM that are used heavy ...)

Fact that v6 for the mi2 will be android 4.1 based is just a joke... and a very bad one at that...
"polishing" up the allmost "antique" v5 to a more recent build is a good effort but considering that it's not a 'official' build makes me laugh again...

I've had very high hopes that the loyal customers that have bought tons of mi2 phones would get all the support.
That's a part of the reason why other brands are losing their customers.
Sure , we could get a later model ( company has to earn something , i get it ... ) but i'll only do so if it fits my needs.
As for now ; a phablet with a non-replaceable bettery does not cut it for me , i'll stick with my mi2s and enjoy android 4.4 ( even if it's not a xiaomi 'official 'build )

Reactions: Nico77 and Michachu
Xiaomi is just furious at the fact that CM is working so well...
Yes, the nightlies do contain some faults but that's why they are nightlies.
The first milestone CM is rock solid and is perfectly stable when installed properly ( have 2 mi2s phones running both v5 and CM that are used heavy ...)
Sorry for the confusion. The post wasn't the official statement from Xiaomi, just my own opinion.
I myself uses CM11 on my Mi2S everyday, heavily. And I've been experiencing some random reboot issue like other Mi2S owners reported, it works fine for the most time but when it reboots on it's own I can't say it's stable.

Reactions: oile

Yes. It has been officially confirmed, it will be released to test group (not public) at the end of this year.

No. The official statement is they have started working on port MIUI 6 to Mi2 series based on Android 4.1.

Yes. ivan (秋叶随风, a important member of the MIUI development team) has already released 4.4 based MIUI V5 for Mi2 series, as he stated he's doing this only on his own interest, not the official act of the Xiaomi company. This version of MIUI V5 is like the ones for non-Xiaomi phones, unstable (like our CM11), incomplete (not all features included)

Maybe not - it's just ivan's own work, not officially supported, tons of bugs, unstable, not fully functional.

Sun Peng (孙鹏, one of Xiaomi founding members, Software engineer, Ecological chain product planning director) posted on his weibo:

Translation:

The translation may sound wierd, he was not posting this along, but as a reply to someone questions him about the promise he made before (like "Mi2 series is the top seller in China, currently we're putting Mi2 at the first when developing MIUI, there's no reason not to support it.")

Using ivan's own work like it's what he promised to support, what a disloyal person.

And, ivan just stated on his weibo the day before Sun Peng made that post that he will not be continue working on supporting Mi2 series, Wei Xing will take over the job. And today, to everyone's surprise Sun Peng made that statment - even ivan himself isn't aware about any of that - That's the part I call this "interesting".

Translation:

So that MIUI v5 4.4 release was kinda official and unofficial,its build by Ivan and that was his job at Xiaomi,right? And now they replaced him because he refused to support MI2 series, I'm confused.

And now they replaced him because he refused to support MI2 series, I'm confused.
Nope nope nope nope ... Like I said I was just guessing and it's not what you think it is.
I'm just guessing that Wei Xing will be leading the development of MIUI 6. I think I should remove that part.

Some facts:

1. Xiaomi won't release a 4.4 based MIUI 6 update for Mi2 series officially
2. ivan will be working on a 4.4 based MIUI 6 like what he has done with MIUI V5
3. ivan is a employee of Xiaomi, he is working in the MIUI development team
4. ivan states his rom are not the act of Xiaomi but his own interest.
5. ivan has stated that he will slow down the release of his roms due to the recent busy work.
6. ivan stated in his weibo that Mi2 users should ask Wei Xing(which makes me think he would be the leading developer of MIUI from now on) for further support, he's been busy and won't be supporting Mi2 series by releasing his roms that frequently as before. The day after that, Sun Peng posted in his weibo saying ivan will get more help to release a 4.4 based MIUI 6

Last edited:
Nope nope nope nope ... Like I said I was just guessing and it's not what you think it is.
I'm just guessing that Wei Xing will be leading the development of MIUI 6. I think I should remove that part.

Some facts:

2. ivan will be working on a 4.4 based MIUI 6 like what he has done with MIUI V5
3. ivan is a employee of Xiaomi, he is working in the MIUI development team
4. ivan states his rom are not the act of Xiaomi but his own interest.
5. ivan has stated that he will slow down the release of his roms due to the recent busy work.
6. ivan stated in his weibo that Mi2 users should ask Wei Xing(which makes me think he would be the leading developer of MIUI from now on) for further support, he's been busy and won't be supporting Mi2 series by releasing his roms that frequently as before. The day after that, Sun Peng posted in his weibo saying ivan will get more help to release a 4.4 based MIUI 6

Thanks for this..Now we know the situation..:)

Nope nope nope nope ... Like I said I was just guessing and it's not what you think it is. I think I should remove that part.

Then how about you go and edit that post starting with "let me clear some thing out" to "the stuff below is just me speculating".

MIUI 6 was the last chance for us to have the first camera/touch/microphone/etc drivers update that should have fixed the real issues of this phone... after about 2 years...

Releasing v6 for Mi2 with a 4.1 base is a very bad and expected choice from Xiaomi, and it simply confirms that MIUI is just a shell with some apps also for xiaomi phones.
If a xiaomi product has some driver-level issue with the initial stock rom, it will never receive a fix (Mi3 future users with mic issues or Mi4 future users with video camera issues are warned..).

Probably, releasing an unofficial (and not official) MIUI 6 KitKat based for Mi2 will allow them to exploit the current hacks to load the old drivers and to not release updated kernel sources, but this way we cannot take advantage of the Android base improvements.

Reactions: lndqvxst and oile

Interesting summary.

But where did you read the "official statement .. they have started working on port MIUI 6 to Mi2 series based on Android 4.1" ?

Some facts:

Also: where did you see an official statement about this or are you also deriving this from some blog posts?

Don' t get me wrong: I appreciate your translations and I can imagine which rumours are currently ongoing in China due to the large installed base of Mi2 and Mi2S.

ivan-20140818.png

ivan just posted this on his weibo, something about Mi3W and Mi2 series.
(Orange fonts are my translations)

Seems like even though he has already get 4.4 based MIUI V6 working, but it's not stable enough for him to consider release this version to public, anyone want it just keep patient ;)

There's something interesting about this post, at the bottom of it you can see "From MIUI V6" - I'm really confused now. If this coming new version is MIUI 6 (as they announced) or MIUI V6 (as we see in this post), apparently this post is made by a feature built in MIUI 6 which convert long texts into pictures then you can use it on weibo (to anyone don't know, it's like twitter in China, you can only post short texts and pohotos on it)