So at beginning we don't have miui v6

I don't understand, what is the big deal?
Windows 7 is better that 8 and to be honest xp was better still.
I'm happy with jb

Simply because there are some apps that require a later version. If I have a device more than powerful enough to run those apps i'll want to do so. One thing would be not having an update, but we ARE getting that update, yet it will be with an old version. They simply do not want to have the job upgrading the drivers, etc.

On a final, off-topic, remark: Windows 7 being better than 8 is highly debatable. More usability friendly? Without a doubt. Better? Hardly.

Reactions: Pukos and cpasmoi
where is?)
Was obviousely delete fast before an old thread pushup.

@qbert456 About what mean a real upgrade.

Heartbleed vulnerability is one the reason for the upgrade, bluetooth 4.0 support, kernel optimizations, and a lot of 3d party app cannot be installed and force close. People are aware the m2 is 2 years old, but Xiaomi released an s version in 2013, mi2 is still on market, and cost more than a redrice. And in two year it didn't get an update.

Base update need more time and work than port to 4,1, but in not long term even many miui features will not work.

Nope, that wouldn't help at all.

Many Mi2/Mi2S users were angry here in China, and complained about not having a update on bbs.miui.com. Instead of giving us an answer, they just added 5 more moderators to delete all the posts and ban all users been complaining about it.

Sorry friend, but Chinese people are used to being censured :/

Reactions: xepyonx
Sorry friend, but Chinese people are used to being censured :/
It's not totally true and we aren't talking about politics and a plus a lot of them bought xiaomi even because it's a national brand.

MI2/S customer are more tech oriented than usual.
So lot of them known difference beetween 4,1 and 4,4, and M2 isn't the cheapest xiaomi phone.

Reactions: cpasmoi
That was a joke.. Bad as you want but still a joke :/

EllyG81 using Tapatalk on Xiaomi Mi2S

Last edited:
ps.: petition posted to Gizchina
-----------------------------------

I don't know anybody shared this article, but in my opinion is it has got some important info with sources.
I don't understand everything, If anybody can, share with us if it has some important details.

20140818104928135.jpg

Original (chinesse)
Translated (english)

geek.miui.com
20140818105514639.jpg

I don't know anybody shared this article, but in my opinion is it has got some important info with sources.
I don't understand everything, If anybody can, share with us if it has some important details.

Thanks. We read it:
So at beginning we don't have miui v6
It's not very good news about MIUI. But can hope for the new source code for android L, where developers will update the drivers and libs. But I want to MIUI 6 androyd 4.4. And I do not want to use the firmware from Ivan. Because it is not real MIUI, but simply AOSP code + glued framework + old libs(and drivers)...

20140818104928135.jpg

Original (chinesse)
Translated (english)

geek.miui.com
20140818105514639.jpg
Here i'm, shared with gizchina, androidpolice, the verge, android central and androidauthority :p

It said:

About mi3:

CM has already got most of the bug fixed. Like NFC was fixed. There still issues related to sensors. I apologized for there will be no sources code uploaded to gitub. Sensors bug is still being working on. Device was stable enough for daily usage. Please allow me more time on the sensor bug.

There possible android L plan for mi3 only if google release the source code.

About mi2/2s/2a:

V5 Maintenance most likely will be stop. Ill only combined recent changes if i have he time to do so.

There no plan for V6 miui for mi2 yet.

STOCK android L version only possible if Google release the complete android L source code.(right now android L preview version source code look just the same as 4.4 kk).

CodeAuora version will get update if i have the time to fix some bugs.

CodeAuora version android L will start when Qualcomm release 8064 source code.

My working tempo stayed the same and i m hoping u guys dont interrupt my time. U will get my reward if u allow me time to work on it. being a miui developer working in Xiaomi, i have to prioritized my job 1st than any others. So please be patients. Don't u see mi3 and mi4 are still waiting for the final version of MIUI 6?

Best regard!

This statement was from Ivan's Weibo page. And he is the guy who bought u ASOP kk and miui kk rom.

Lol, I have been banned on the English MIUI forum. I only said I was disappointed with it possibly not receiving 4.4 and that I would reconsider my purchase for a Mi4.

Edit: I can enter it again, weird....

Last edited:
Personally don't care if we have miui v6 kk android l or whatever... We have better ROMs and suport from m1cha than xiaomi

That translation is incorrect in details... I've already translated that earlier why nobody even bother to check the previous page of this post... #99
Did u translated yourself or did u used translater? On paragraph #6, it clearly said V6 on it and in your translation it became V5. I'm Chinese and I can read and write in Chinese. After reading thru your translation, it is clear that just the same as what im saying except the V6 part.

Did u translated yourself or did u used translater? On paragraph #6, it clearly said V6 on it and in your translation it became V5. I'm Chinese and I can read and write in Chinese. After reading thru your translation, it is clear that just the same as what im saying except the V6 part.
Oops, sorry that was a mistake, I'll fix it and upload a new one asap.

Yes I translated it on my own (I'm a Chinese trust me...) and the point is:

There is no release plan of 4.4 based V6 (sorry I made a typo, it indeed should be V6 not V5)

NOT

There no plan for V6 miui for mi2 yet.

4.4 based V6 already had a plan and there's already a working version, just not stable enough to release for public test.

Well. Just read this from MIUI official Weixin and geek.miui.com has a link to that http://geek.miui.com/content-24-737-1.html

what they were saying was the MIUI 6 adaptation plan for all Xiaomi phones. mi2 was catagorized as the 4th installment, which will be by the end of this year. there a one interesting thing under their statement (pretty legit one) that they r saying that DOES NOT RULE OUT THE FACT THERE WILL BE 4.4 UPGRADE IN THE FUTURE

so maybe there still hope for 4.4 KK MIUI 6 on mi2

some official new info:
MIUI 6 Roadmap: Mi 2/2S/2A, Redmi 1/1S, Redmi Note, Mi Pad, Mi 3, Mi 4
"During the launch event, Hong Feng announced that Xiaomi Mi 3 WCDMA/CDMA and Mi 4 will be the first to receive MIUI 6 beta testing. In Oct, all owners of Mi 3 WCDMA/CDMA and Mi 4 will be upgraded to MIUI 6. And Xiaomi Mi 2/2S/2A, Redmi 1/1S and Redmi Note will receive beta testing by the end of this year."

some official new info:
MIUI 6 Roadmap: Mi 2/2S/2A, Redmi 1/1S, Redmi Note, Mi Pad, Mi 3, Mi 4
"During the launch event, Hong Feng announced that Xiaomi Mi 3 WCDMA/CDMA and Mi 4 will be the first to receive MIUI 6 beta testing. In Oct, all owners of Mi 3 WCDMA/CDMA and Mi 4 will be upgraded to MIUI 6. And Xiaomi Mi 2/2S/2A, Redmi 1/1S and Redmi Note will receive beta testing by the end of this year."
Yes. those were addressed in the link from geek.miui.com also but the funny thing was they are saying there will be 4.4 miui upgrade for mi2 line in the future.

Reactions: barbuti17