[SOLVED] Ok google doesn't work

Yesterday, I pulled all relevant files from the Poco F1 rom image (apks, xmls, soundtrigger libs) and yet I'll get an error from the audio HAL. I can enable the assistant but the network request to Google after activation times out.

Question: Does Ok Google work on the 181030 Poco F1 Pie beta?

Reactions: jimac
Yesterday, I pulled all relevant files from the Poco F1 rom image (apks, xmls, soundtrigger libs) and yet I'll get an error from the audio HAL. I can enable the assistant but the network request to Google after activation times out.

Question: Does Ok Google work on the 181030 Poco F1 Pie beta?

for sure works on MI EE and on MI MIX 2S,
i've also read on google board, that a lot of user with Poco F1 now have the google assistant working (but i don't know if the uses xiaomi.eu or global official rom)

i think to have solved the problem....
let me try some more, if i can confirm the proble, will upload a zip to flash and fix the "ok google" problem

Reactions: jimac and Dexer125
so, mi MI8 (dipper) has now the "ok google" working....

is just a test, i've no completely understood what i've changed... what is needed and what not, so keep attenction and make a backup of your files...

this is what i've done:

in /vendor/build.prop
Code:
change
vendor.audio.offload.multiple.enabled=true
to
vendor.audio.offload.multiple.enabled=false

Code:
change
ro.vendor.audio.soundfx.type=mi
to
ro.vendor.audio.soundfx.type=dirac

Code:
Remove this line
persist.vendor.facearea.dom=CN

in /system/etc/device_features/device_features/dipper.xml
Code:
remove these lines

<!--whether support main show XiaoAi-->
    <bool name="support_main_xiaoai">true</bool>

<!--wether support ime xiaoai voice input-->
    <bool name="surpport_ime_xiaoai_voice">true</bool>

then i've copied in my /system/build.prop
the build.prop extracted by MI8 EE

rebooted and "Ok google" can be enabled, once trained i was able to use "ok google".

Now, i'll try to restore as much as possible of the originals /system/build.prop of Mi8 dipper.
Btw now works for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dexer125
Is it possible to make it as TWRP fix? Or maybe @ingbrzy could implement this.
so, mi MI8 (dipper) has now the "ok google" working....
this is what i've done:

in /vendor/build.prop
Code:
change
vendor.audio.offload.multiple.enabled=true
to
vendor.audio.offload.multiple.enabled=false

Code:
change
ro.vendor.audio.soundfx.type=mi
to
ro.vendor.audio.soundfx.type=dirac

Code:
Remove this line
persist.vendor.facearea.dom=CN

in /system/etc/device_features/device_features/dipper.xml
Code:
remove these lines

true

true

then i've copied in my /system/build.prop
the build.prop extracted by MI8 EE

rebooted and "Ok google" can be enabled, once trained i was able to use "ok google".

Now, i'll try to restore as much as possible of the originals /system/build.prop of Mi8 dipper.
Btw now works for me.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Is it possible to make it as TWRP fix?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
yes,
but i've not time today.
Btw if someone else can test... at least we can exclude some other factor

attached there is the MI8EE build.prop (the one to put in system, and rename it to build.prop, to attach it i've had to rename it to build.txt), maybe it is enought to make the ok google works for now

Attachments

• build.txt
    11.4 KB · Views: 1,700
Okey,i have one problem,i instal magisk on my device but with Root explorer i can't modify the file, he always say :" Read only file system".

What i can do? :/

My google assistant stopped again...
I removed the voice model to make a better one and now every time i try to Train a new voice model, Google assistant goes in timeout and isn't able to Train a new model.
So problem not solved...but for some hour it worked :(

My google assistant stopped again...
I removed the voice model to make a better one and now every time i try to Train a new voice model, Google assistant goes in timeout and isn't able to Train a new model.
So problem not solved...but for some hour it worked :(
How u install magisk on your phone?
Because i can't edit any file :/

How u install magisk on your phone?
Because i can't edit any file :/
I've installed in TWRP the magisk zip:
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/v17.3/Magisk-v17.3.zip
then i've installed the MagiskManager APK:
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/manager-v6.0.1/MagiskManager-v6.0.1.apk

Launch the magisk manager app (MIUI close it for battery policy, in the app settings set no battery save and enable auto launch at startup)
in the app check that magisk is installed, then launch your root explorer (i use solid explorer, but is the same) and now you should be able to write in the system partition.

I've installed in TWRP the magisk zip:
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/v17.3/Magisk-v17.3.zip
then i've installed the MagiskManager APK:
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/manager-v6.0.1/MagiskManager-v6.0.1.apk

Launch the magisk manager app (MIUI close it for battery policy, in the app settings set no battery save and enable auto launch at startup)
in the app check that magisk is installed, then launch your root explorer (i use solid explorer, but is the same) and now you should be able to write in the system partition.

I think was a problem with root explorer, i only installed sold explorer and now work :D

P.S: nothing i get all time the same error :(
What twrp do u have?

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-14-23-10-28-820_com.estrongs.android.pop.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-14-23-10-28-820_com.estrongs.android.pop.png
    199.6 KB · Views: 486
Porca miseria, inglese!! Madonna santa...

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Ho visto ora che sei italiano, è come se avessi il root a metà, non mi fa mettere RW su tutte le cartelle, ho installato tutto quello che mi hai passato ma Nada :(
I don't know, try to copy files with twrp file manager,in recovery you have full write permissions.
Or try with another file manager like solid explorer or es file manager.
Control in magisk app that your file manager has acquired root permissions.

I don't know, try to copy files with twrp file manager,in recovery you have full write permissions.
Or try with another file manager like solid explorer or es file manager.
Control in magisk app that your file manager has acquired root permissions.

After u install magisk u install + dm-verity off ?

yes,
but i've not time today.
Btw if someone else can test... at least we can exclude some other factor

attached there is the MI8EE build.prop (the one to put in system, and rename it to build.prop, to attach it i've had to rename it to build.txt), maybe it is enought to make the ok google works for now
I put this Build.prop to the system but when i reboot the device he stay in MI logo all time so i reflash the rom
P.S: after install dm-verity off i can enter in /system e modify everything :D

P.S.S: Ok google now work :D

Last edited:
OMG, finally I've got this working on this phone.

Thank you so much, hope the devs incorporate this fix on the next rom releases

After you have enabled "ok google" and have it working, restore your original /system/build.prop so "Ok google" seems to keep working and your system is less modified (for example with MI 8 URSA build prop, the face unlocking stops working, maybe it searchs for 3d unlock).

For a less invasive and enabled in Xiaomi.eu builds, i ask the devs (maybe to @ingbrzy ?) to try an implementations inside our beloved eu rom.
Atm i can't do more than this..."dirty hack"...

Reactions: humrum