Stock Jellybean 4.1.1 on xiaomi M2/2S (Latest is QDT14 with Changelog)

Hello guys, this rom is really fast and smooth and I'm trying to add more languages​​, can anyone help me? Another thing, I can change the name of the mobile operator? Thanks in advance!!

Changing mobile operator name: No, there's no modification for this as far as I know. You can remove the carrier name from notification bar using a modified SystemUI.apk I posted 3 pages ago: http://miuiandroid.com/community/th...i-m2-latest-is-qcs99.18969/page-6#post-154092 which actually hides the carrier text.

Languages: How are you trying to add more languages?
The way it worked for me: Decompiling everything in /system/app + framework-res.apk, add all the missing language files from the matching and decompiled stock Nexus JRO03L files, recompiling and restoring the original signatures. Be sure to use the original signatures in the freshly compiled files and not the freshly compiled resources moved into the old files - seems to work for everything but Phone.apk does not like it (FCs) - thanks to @lenny_kano who helped me figuring this out a few days ago.

I have a personal 70Mb multilanguage/no-carriertext/no-toggles/white-default-LED modification uploaded at dev-host but it's untested, currently runs on my own device only and I don't have the time to do the last tests (wipe, install a stock QCS99, flash mod-update.zip on top of it) right now. I'll post the link as soon as I'm sure it works as intended.

Changing mobile operator name: No, there's no modification for this as far as I know. You can remove the carrier name from notification bar using a modified SystemUI.apk I posted 3 pages ago: http://miuiandroid.com/community/th...i-m2-latest-is-qcs99.18969/page-6#post-154092 which actually hides the carrier text.

Languages: How are you trying to add more languages?
The way it worked for me: Decompiling everything in /system/app + framework-res.apk, add all the missing language files from the matching and decompiled stock Nexus JRO03L files, recompiling and restoring the original signatures. Be sure to use the original signatures in the freshly compiled files and not the freshly compiled resources moved into the old files - seems to work for everything but Phone.apk does not like it (FCs) - thanks to @lenny_kano who helped me figuring this out a few days ago.

I have a personal 70Mb multilanguage/no-carriertext/no-toggles/white-default-LED modification uploaded at dev-host but it's untested, currently runs on my own device only and I don't have the time to do the last tests (wipe, install a stock QCS99, flash mod-update.zip on top of it) right now. I'll post the link as soon as I'm sure it works as intended.
Thank You very much!!!

This is a modification created for personal use and because I enjoy doing this. As everything I know about Android is a result of the work of the community I just want to give something back by sharing this. Due to job and family I will not have the time to give proper support, I'll try to check this thread often enough, maybe there will be updates, maybe not.
Big, big thanks to @lenny_kano for helping me out with an issue with Phone.apk FC.

This is an update to QCS99, NOT a full ROM, it has to be installed on top of QCS99. Tested install via recovery only.

Changes: Multilanguage (based on Maguro JRO03C 4.1.1), LED notification color defaults to neutral white, PlayStore/Talk/GoogleTTS, Android 4.2 keyboard (swipe option), Superuser/su, Busybox-symlinks, EU-gps.conf, CM10.1 filemanager, removed statusbar-carrier/notificationarea-toggles, removed MIUI-apps and old Android music app, zipaligned system/app/*.

Link: http://d-h.st/rl3 (67Mb). Please use at your own risk.

mialwe thanks work very well! playstore work great, superuser work, language support work and is very smoot. My only miss is the toogle but no problem.

Really nice mod. He didn't kill the notification toggles, he killed the divider if you swipe right they are still there.
Thanks for the mod. All that we are missing now is battery percentage.

Reactions: mialwe
I'm going to try this rom out for a while. I have a feeling i will end up back to MIUI since i love the easy thememing but i want to see how smooth stock android can be on this phone. Would be nice if it got updated to 4.2

I'm going to try this rom out for a while. I have a feeling i will end up back to MIUI since i love the easy thememing but i want to see how smooth stock android can be on this phone. Would be nice if it got updated to 4.2
i tried it but the stock android don't have xiaomi account then i went back to miui :S

that is another thing i will miss....wonder if it can be added somehow...
don't have time for that...hope will be added in the future

ps. bench on the qcs99 have same result of miui v5 (antutu, quadrant and vellamo) then the experience it's still better then the nexus one

Perfect.

Just one thing missing:

"Smart Dialing" like in cm or aokp roms.
Maybe there is a way to install contacts.apk from cm or aokp?

Replace the contacts.apk in system/app/ with this one. I think i tried another one but this one should also work.
Will upload the one that i have in a bit.
LE: Done. I have been using this one for quite a while and it works like a charm.

Replace the contacts.apk in system/app/ with this one. I think i tried another one but this one should also work.
Will upload the one that i have in a bit.
LE: Done. I have been using this one for quite a while and it works like a charm.

Shoane

I try to install your link in WIUI 3.3.22 but fail, any hint ot trick to share with us?

Shoane

I try to install your link in WIUI 3.3.22 but fail, any hint ot trick to share with us?

This is a thread for Stock Jellybean. And why would you put it on miui? You allready have T9 dialing.
This is for Stock AOSP Rom not for any kind of MIUI Rom.

This is a thread for Stock Jellybean. And why would you put it on miui? You allready have T9 dialing.
This is for Stock AOSP Rom not for any kind of MIUI Rom.

Shoane

Sorry, my bad. I just wanna to try in MIUI or variants. I'll install in AOSP and reply later.

Is it possible to shot slow motion videos on stock jb?
Yeah, but all the options from miui camera are inserted in different settings pages in the aosp camera. Almost all basic functions that exist in miui will be available in AOSP. A few things are missing: Screen color(Warm, Normal,etc) , Vibrate force and led color settings.

Yeah, but all the options from miui camera are inserted in different settings pages in the aosp camera. Almost all basic functions that exist in miui will be available in AOSP. A few things are missing: Screen color(Warm, Normal,etc) , Vibrate force and led color settings.
and the support tu xiaomi account then cloud images, messages, etc

and the support tu xiaomi account then cloud images, messages, etc
I don't remember if the stock zip from xiaomi had it initialy, but after flashing the .zip provided few pages back, it doesn't have Xiaomi account support. You could easily replace it with other backup apps plus other cloud storage solutions.

I don't remember if the stock zip from xiaomi had it initialy, but after flashing the .zip provided few pages back, it doesn't have Xiaomi account support.
No, Xiaomi stock Android does not com with Xiaomi cloud support, it's essentially stock Android with some MIUI apps and Dolby settings.

A few things are missing: Screen color(Warm, Normal,etc) , Vibrate force and led color settings.
I'm currently trying to implement LED settings into Settings.apk but unfortunately my spare time (job, kids) and my knowledge of smali editing is very limited... changing e.g. missed call color to a fixed value like red works fine, though.