Strange Startup Of Twrp On Mi4c

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 4' started by Ferrarista1988, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Ferrarista1988

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    After the last ROM update on my Mi4c (I currently have 6.2.25), there's stomething strange happening when I switch my phone on in recovery mode. Instead of the home page of TWRP, I get directly to the "Mount" section of TWRP, with the following message:

Unmodified system partition detected.
    TWRP can leave your system partition unmodified to make it easier for you to take official updates.
    TWRP will be unable to prevent the stock ROM from replacing TWRP and will not offer to root your device.

Then on the bottom there is the usual swipe button to allow modification.

What should I do? Should I swipe and allow modification?

In addition I noticed that TWRP is not able to shut down the device: when I push Power off (or even reboot), the device gets simply stuck and I have to force the shutdown with the power button.

2. iamme729

iamme729Members

Nov 22, 2015
    Male
    Ecuador
    It's depends what you want to do....you can leave read only and do a raw backup of the system in case you want to restore to that image later....or you can allow modification if you have no plans of restoring to the original ROM.....In either event, once you select an option TWRP will respond properly.....hope that helps....

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

3. Ferrarista1988

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Thank you very much. Do you think that this could be connected to the fact that TWRP is not able to shut down the phone?

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

4. iamme729

iamme729Members

Nov 22, 2015
    Male
    Ecuador
    Once you select one of the options ....the will shut down and boot properly...

5. iamme729

iamme729Members

Nov 22, 2015
    Male
    Ecuador
    The phone will shutdown and boot properly....

6. Ferrarista1988

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    I left it in read only mode. It works now! Thank you a lot!

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

Share Our Site