Resolved [ The Instagram Bug ] [ Mi 9T ] unable to post videos longer than 15 sec. on Instagram stories

giodeluigi

Members
Oct 2, 2019
It's impossible to upload videos longer than 15 seconds on Instagram stories.
Only first part of the video is published.
Other parts (second, third and so on) remain pending resulting in error few seconds later.
This bug is not present in MIUI 11 Stable.

[edit] bug persist in MIUI 11 Weekly 9.12.5 also.

Last edited:
I am not able to upload long-splitted video on Instagram; only first part of the video is published.
Other parts remain pending.
Anyone else is having this issue?
Funny that I had this issue, but shrugged it off thinking it was just a network error or Instagram error.

Have you tried doing the same thing on a different device?

Tapatalked thru my Mi 9

Reactions: yulose9
Funny that I had this issue, but shrugged it off thinking it was just a network error or Instagram error.

Have you tried doing the same thing on a different device?

Tapatalked thru my Mi 9
Did you find any solution to this?

No, I don't know where even to begin. I have no idea what causes this issue.
I don't post videos on Instagram that often, so I didn't bother fixing it, though

Tapatalked thru my Mi 9
Hi mate, did you find any solution to this?
Thank you

36MB logs are not useful to me, i don't have a free year to look for a line that might not exist. I don't know what to look for as I don't have the source code of the app.

36MB logs are not useful to me, i don't have a free year to look for a line that might not exist. I don't know what to look for as I don't have the source code of the app.
OK, can you kindly suggest me any other way to try to help to solve this?

PackageManager: Un-granting permission android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW from package storysaverforinstagram.
did you check the permissions in instagramm and can you tell us the timestamp when you have tried it ?

Last edited:
PackageManager: Un-granting permission android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW from package storysaverforinstagram.
did you check the permissions in instagramm and can you tell us the timestamp when you have tried it ?
Thank you katerpanne for helping,
I have uninstalled Instagram than re-granted all permissions but same issue.
How can I look for the timestamp you need?
This morning I stopped the log as soon as Instagram shown its bug.
Tell me what can I do to be useful.
Thank you

Thank you katerpanne for helping,
I have uninstalled Instagram than re-granted all permissions but same issue.
How can I look for the timestamp you need?
This morning I stopped the log as soon as Instagram shown its bug.
Tell me what can I do to be useful.
Thank you

you have send a big logfile... can you tell the timestamp when you have tried to upload the story points ? the logfile is sooo long and there are so many errors :)

I have tried it as well... I have the same error as you.... first clip is uploaded and while uploading the other clips, there is an error message: upload failed

Last edited:
you have send a big logfile... can you tell the timestamp when you have tried to upload the story points ? the logfile is sooo long and there are so many errors :)
I don't know exactly, I can do this again if you want and reupload the log.
Do you need the approx time of when I try to post the story or when Instagram gives me the error?

I have tried it as well... I have the same error as you.... first clip is uploaded and while uploading the other clips, there is an error message: upload failed
Yeah, exactly.
Stable rom doesn't have this issue and also other MI 9 users are getting this.
Which phone do you have?

I have a MI9... but we are not alone :)

I have a MI9... but we are not alone :)

So it's seems to be an Android 10 issue..
That's would be the reason's why the Stable (Android 9) doesn't have this.

In my previous message I wrote this:

I don't know exactly, I can do this again if you want and reupload the log.
Do you need the approx time of when I try to post the story or when Instagram gives me the error?
Please let me know if it can be useful.
Thank you

Even Instagram video editor is bugged:
if you edit a video and try to publish it (as a post, not in stories) the program hangs and to have the video posted, you probably have to force exit Instagram several times then the video gets posted but it's un-edited.