Resolved Theme and Widget Store error (couldn't download:300008)

zidu01

Members
Apr 23, 2021
After yesterday's update (10/11/2023) build: xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9Pro_HMNote9S_V14.0.4.0.SJWMIXM_v14-12.zip

The theme store simply stopped working correctly, making it impossible to download any theme, icon or widgets, the same thing happened when trying to download widgets through personalassistant.

The previous build was working correctly.

@Igor Eisberg Any possible solution?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-11-17-46-17-565_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-11-17-46-17-565_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    584.5 KB · Views: 167
  • Screenshot_2023-11-11-17-45-57-675_com.miui.personalassistant.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-11-17-45-57-675_com.miui.personalassistant.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Reactions: sany0k
i have same problem are you find a solution
I didn't find any solution unfortunately. And I believe we can do nothing, just some guidance from the developers for a possible solution, but I believe it is a problem with the construction itself.

I didn't get any response from any dev.

I don't have that problem though.
It seems somewhat related to the recently re-released stable builds. The same problem with the build of the Redmi Note 9s (Curtana) and the Redmi Note 9 pro (Joyeuse), so far I have only seen reports of these two builds, so far.

After yesterday's update (10/11/2023) build: xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9Pro_HMNote9S_V14.0.4.0.SJWMIXM_v14-12.zip

The theme store simply stopped working correctly, making it impossible to download any theme, icon or widgets, the same thing happened when trying to download widgets through personalassistant.

same problem. Weather widget displays 'download error', the downloads app won't launch at all.. Clearing all data of weather and downloads app does not work ..

Last edited:
Reactions: zidu01
same problem. Weather widget displays 'download error', the downloads app won't launch at all.. Clearing all data of weather and downloads app does not work ..
I believe that more people need to report the problem, so that the developers pay attention, it is happening in this latest build that they re-released with the safetynet correction

Works flawlessly for me on Poco F3 (alioth) after latest rebuild update 14.0.8.0 - attached

Attachments

• IMG_20231112_185611.jpg
    IMG_20231112_185611.jpg
    747.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_2023-11-12-18-55-09-795_com.miui.personalassistant.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-12-18-55-09-795_com.miui.personalassistant.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 95
What do you expect us to do? Buy a second-hand Redmi Note 9 Pro to check and verify this? It's an invisible issue to us, none of us has it.
Post a log or something...

Reactions: Hetorr
or something...

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create application com.android.providers.downloads.ui.app.GlobalApplication: java.lang.SecurityException: Failed to find provider downloads for user 0; expected to find a valid ContentProvider for this authority
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(Unknown Source:1267)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1600(Unknown Source:0)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:774)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19)
at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Unknown Source:176)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:76)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:155)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:309)
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Failed to find provider downloads for user 0; expected to find a valid ContentProvider for this authority
at android.os.Parcel.createExceptionOrNull(Unknown Source:7)
at android.os.Parcel.createException(Unknown Source:0)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Unknown Source:11)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Unknown Source:10)
at android.content.IContentService$Stub$Proxy.registerContentObserver(Unknown Source:85)
at android.content.ContentResolver.registerContentObserver(Unknown Source:13)
at android.content.ContentResolver.registerContentObserver(Unknown Source:27)
at com.android.providers.downloads.ui.app.GlobalApplication.l(Unknown Source:21)
at com.android.providers.downloads.ui.app.GlobalApplication.b(Unknown Source:16)
at com.android.providers.downloads.ui.app.GlobalApplication.onCreate(Unknown Source:14)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callApplicationOnCreate(Unknown Source:0)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(Unknown Source:974)
... 9 more
Caused by: android.os.RemoteException: Remote stack trace:
at com.android.server.content.ContentService.registerContentObserver(Unknown Source:105)
at android.content.IContentService$Stub.onTransact(Unknown Source:1563)
at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Unknown Source:103)
at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Unknown Source:16)

What do you expect us to do? Buy a second-hand Redmi Note 9 Pro to check and verify this? It's an invisible issue to us, none of us has it.
Post a log or something...
It looks like we won't have a solution, thank you Igor, we'll live with it.
It's only sad because everything was fine, before the rebuild update.

I also have the same problem, the download app keeps stopping so I can't download themes, widgets and google drive, the most recent update crashed on redmi note 9s

I also have the same problem, the download app keeps stopping so I can't download themes, widgets and google drive, the most recent update crashed on redmi note 9s
+1 Only developers can fix this issue. But we have a very ignorant response, the problem exists and more people are starting to notice, they have already sent logs and still, no help.

What makes it even sadder is that this is the last build of the devices, and before the rebuild everything worked very well.

+1 Only developers can fix this issue. But we have a very ignorant response, the problem exists and more people are starting to notice, they have already sent logs and still, no help.

What makes it even sadder is that this is the last build of the devices, and before the rebuild everything worked very well.
Do you still have the old version? Can you send me?

Reactions: zidu01
Do you still have the old version? Can you send me?
No, it is no longer available either. There is another problem in the previous version, with safetynet, some banks not working, Playstore not certified by default and other related problems. They fixed it in the last rebuild, but they brought this problem with the theme store.

Reactions: Hetorr
No, it is no longer available either. There is another problem in the previous version, with safetynet, some banks not working, Playstore not certified by default and other related problems. They fixed it in the last rebuild, but they brought this problem with the theme store.
How to fix, root the device, folder system/priv-app delete folder DownloadProviderUI

Last edited:
Use the magisk Magical Overlayfs module to grant R/W permissions, then go to system/priv-app, delete the folder named DownloadProviderUI and reboot.
That is true? I'm no longer on Xiaomi.eu because of the problem, but if this really worked, I'll install it again