Twrp 3.1.0-1

Jaime DLH

Members
Aug 31, 2016
Hi all,

TWRP 3.1.0-1 has been released and is available for download. Are there any compelling reasons for upgrading at this time? By looking at the changelog, I don't think there is any hurry for upgrading right now. Also, is this version compatible with xiaomi.eu 8.2.1.0 Stable?

Thanks,

I have a question. Can I have twrp and stock recovery in the same time? I ask because when i press power up and power button i can enter in twrp menu. When I am in the rom and I press reboot to recovery mode, the phone restart and show me a picture with a phone to connect to usb cable. I think that I need to flash my recovery stock image because it missing?

My bootloader is unlocked and I unse xioami.eu rom global stable 8.1.6.0

I have a question. Can I have twrp and stock recovery in the same time? I ask because when i press power up and power button i can enter in twrp menu. When I am in the rom and I press reboot to recovery mode, the phone restart and show me a picture with a phone to connect to usb cable. I think that I need to flash my recovery stock image because it missing?

My bootloader is unlocked and I unse xioami.eu rom global stable 8.1.6.0

Can't have simultaneosly 2 different recovery. You have twrp recovery installed. That picture with phone and usb cable is other thing.

" That picture with phone and usb cable is other thing"
Can explain me what is the picture and what refer to?

Tnx in advance

Hi all,

TWRP 3.1.0-1 has been released and is available for download. Are there any compelling reasons for upgrading at this time? By looking at the changelog, I don't think there is any hurry for upgrading right now. Also, is this version compatible with xiaomi.eu 8.2.1.0 Stable?

Thanks,

Based on my experience, I would not recommend updating. For instance, with 3.1.0-1, I could not wipe data because it asked for my password, which it did not even recognize after all. Mind, I don't have encrypted storage. Next installed older 3.0.2-3 and everything worked perfect, no password asked. And contrary to people's belief, it works with nougat too, recovery is oblivious to the operating system.

Thanks @crisagatie , I wonder what's the deal with TWRP asking for password with unencrypted storage... Could it be a bug on this TWRP version?

Unfortunately, I don't have time to investigate, so I just let it be. it ain't broken, don't fix it :)