TWRP / Orangefox recovery for Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse)

Instructions:
-in TWRP click to "Install"
-then click to "Install Image"
-choose Persist.img file
-choose Persist partition
-Swipe to Confirm flash

You have to instal Persist.img file before installing Google Pay!!!
If you already have Google Pay installed, uninstall it, restart your phone, reinstall it, and try setting up your bank card.

Very thanks, I'm uninstall Google Pay and repeat process, thanks a lot!!!, Google Pay OK now !!!

I significantly supplemented the instructions in the first post.

- added information on why "Swipe to unlock" don't work on some phones and how to fix it
- added instructions from LeX1991
- extended the instructions with the Persist.img file

I must note that the solution with the Persist.img file also works great for me, even a while ago I paid mobile. Magisk Shows Ctsprofile as true.
Thanks!!!

Reactions: rbarat
Just to confirm that I have successfully upgraded from V11.0.4.0 (EU fastboot) to V11.0.5.0 (EU recovery) WITHOUT any need to format Data. So all apps and settings are retained. I knew that this was going to work because TWRP prompted me for my PIN when entering after the first reboot back into TWRP. Infact, the most difficult part of this entire process was to work out which button in Russian is the one for Settings!

I can also confirm the swipe bug for Tianma displays. Easy enough to disable the screen timeout in TWRP to "fix".

Ran a backup of all partitions, which completed without errors. Not tested restore yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: rbarat and LOLO9393
Why Russian? It opened to me for the first time in English.
No idea... but it did! Luckily I had my son's phone to refer to.

Magisk Props instructions are excellent, BTW, however, my RN9P-EU is still not certified on PlayStore. Is this expected, or will it resolve itself after a while, say overnight?

In any case, I am very pleased to be back in full control of my phone again... first time since my old RN7P !

Last edited:

my RN9P-EU is still not certified on PlayStore. Is this expected, or will it resolve itself after a while, say overnight?
I do not understand. What exactly doesn't work for you?
The play store normally works immediately after installing the ROM.

I do not understand. What exactly doesn't work for you? Everything should work normally.
Sorry, this has nothing to do with TWRP installation, which works fine. It is more to do with the Magisk fingerprint mod and its effect upon Play Protect Certification within Google Play Store. I was expecting my device to show "Certified", rather than "Not Certified".

Probably not a question for this particular forum...

*** EDIT ***
Fixed it by doing the following...

1) Register by GSF device id with Google
2) Clear GSF cache & data
3) Clear PlayStore cache and data
4) Reboot phone

Phone is now certified in PlayStore.

Last edited:

Magisk Props instructions are excellent, BTW, however, my RN9P-EU is still not certified on PlayStore. Is this expected, or will it resolve itself after a while, say overnight?

In any case, I am very pleased to be back in full control of my phone again... first time since my old RN7P !
Had exactly the same. TWRP were Set to russian and I had to watch a Youtube tutorial. Felt like a newbie again xD
I do not understand. What exactly doesn't work for you?
Play Protect certification is not given. Got the same, but couldnt tell if that affects any functionality.

Had exactly the same. TWRP were Set to russian and I had to watch a Youtube tutorial. Felt like a newbie again xD
When the TWRP starts up for the first time, you need to immediately click on the language setting button and select English.

Play Protect certification is not given. Got the same, but couldnt tell if that affects any functionality.

I have no problems with Play store certification. I also use Magisk. I used Persist.img file to run Google Pay.

I have no problems with Play store certification. I also use Magisk. I used Persist.img file to run Google Pay.
It's caused by the changes made with the magiskhide props settings changing the device fingerprint to get ctsProfile Set to true.
It might caused by the fact that the fingerprint used in the Module is from a 11.0.4 Rom rather than 11.0.5 which would Match the Rom.

It's caused by the changes made with the magiskhide props settings changing the device fingerprint to get ctsProfile Set to true.
It might caused by the fact that the fingerprint used in the Module is from a 11.0.4 Rom rather than 11.0.5 which would Match the Rom.
Yes, it can be caused by that. I used the second method to run Google Pay - replace Persist partition (as described in the first post).

Sorry, this has nothing to do with TWRP installation, which works fine. It is more to do with the Magisk fingerprint mod and its effect upon Play Protect Certification within Google Play Store. I was expecting my device to show "Certified", rather than "Not Certified".

Probably not a question for this particular forum...
Hey yemble, just go back to termux type su
After that props.
Type 1 and reset to default value. Restart the Phone afterwards. That way you will keep everything. Basicintegrity, Ctsprofile and play protect verification will be gained again.
Just did it myself a Minute ago
Edit: just saw you figured a way out yourself

Last edited:
Yes, it can be caused by that. I used the second method to run Google Pay - replace Persist partition (as described in the first post).
Yeah flashing 1 file is much easier. But Going to widevine L3 is the nogo for me

Hey yemble, just go back to termux type su
After that props.
Type 1 and reset to default value. Restart the Phone afterwards. That way you will keep everything. Basicintegrity, Ctsprofile and play protect verification will be gained again.
Just did it myself a Minute ago
Edit: just saw you figured a way out yourself
Will Google Pay still work after that?

I added it at the end of the first post.

Last edited:
Will Google Pay still work after that?

I added it at the end of the first post.
Yes everything is just fine.
It could be possible that only step 2 from my tut is necessary for everything to work perfectly. But as I already did both I can't test it out.
I got the perfect Phone for me now and im completely happy with it.

Yes everything is just fine.
It could be possible that only step 2 from my tut is necessary for everything to work perfectly. But as I already did both I can't test it out.
I got the perfect Phone for me now and im completely happy with it.

Ok, please look to 1st post and tell me what from your instructions is necessary to change please.

It works 100% the way it is written there.
But probably not All is necessary step 1 can maybe be ignored aswell as the last step which just undo step 1.
So that's probably all someone have to do:
go into termux and grant root by typing su. After that type props and choose option 2
To enable force basic key attestation.
Confirm your Phone Model by typing y and restart again.
Screenshot_2020-08-17-13-39-52-082_com.termux.jpg

You are ready to go.
But as I already did All steps I can't test it out.
I may create a Backup from everything and go on with a clean Flash of the Rom just to test it out.
Confirm it is working and try to restore the Backup so I don't have to Set up everything again. Ill even see if TWRP is capable of restoring Backups then.
Maybe this evening or tomorrow.

Reactions: Yemble
It works 100% the way it is written there.
But probably not All is necessary step 1 can maybe be ignored aswell as the last step which just undo step 1.
So that's probably all someone have to do:

But as I already did All steps I can't test it out.
I may create a Backup from everything and go on with a clean Flash of the Rom just to test it out.
Confirm it is working and try to restore the Backup so I don't have to Set up everything again. Ill even see if TWRP is capable of restoring Backups then.
Maybe this evening or tomorrow.
Hi, I edited the instructions in the first post according to your instructions, please check it.