[ultimate Guide] How To Unlock Bootloader, Root And Flash Recovery On Redmi Note 3

as forum owner I can confirm the guides work, the files are all valid. If anyone has bricked their phone, well... No comment! there is no reason at all the Redmi Note 3 should brick.

TWRP works flawlessly... You are of course limited to unlocking 2 times per 30 days per Mi account login.

Process is simple... Make sure you are on Stable ROM 7.0.22 firstly then download the DEVELOPER ROM from miui.com which is currently 5.12.24

Flash using update the dev ROM first then visit the unlock download at http://bigota.d.miui.com/miflashunlock/MiFlashUnlock_latest.zip?0.5836578952148557 or http://obigota.d.miui.com/miflashunlock/MiFlashUnlock_latest.zip?0.5836578952148557

Run the tool and select the button on the left, assuming of course you flashed the official DEV ROM first. Then make sure the phone is signed into the Mi account and also the Windows APP is also signed into the same account. Press the button on the next screen and the bootloader will be unlocked within 20 seconds.

From there you can re-enter FASTBOOT mode and flash the TWRP in this thread. The multi language ROM link will be made public on our forums soon for all to download. Ask ingbrzy for the link if you need :)

Cheers,

Mark

Last edited:
Reactions: sebsch1991
when I try to apply for unlock code it tells unlock reason must be 10 characters or more (申请理由需要超过10个字符) though I try to write a longer one.
Any ideas?

when I try to apply for unlock code it tells unlock reason must be 10 characters or more (申请理由需要超过10个字符) though I try to write a longer one.
Any ideas?

You just need to download the flash tool dude. MAke sure you are using the DEVELOPER ROM from miui.com and the rest as I described a few posts up :)

You just need to download the flash tool dude. MAke sure you are using the DEVELOPER ROM from miui.com and the rest as I described a few posts up :)
I am on dev ROM and downloaded latest tool, yet when I try to unlock it redirects to unlock site

as forum owner I can confirm the guides work, the files are all valid. If anyone has bricked their phone, well... No comment! there is no reason at all the Redmi Note 3 should brick.

TWRP works flawlessly... You are of course limited to unlocking 2 times per 30 days per Mi account login.

Process is simple... Make sure you are on Stable ROM 7.0.22 firstly then download the DEVELOPER ROM from miui.com which is currently 5.12.24

Flash using update the dev ROM first then visit the unlock download at http://bigota.d.miui.com/miflashunlock/MiFlashUnlock_latest.zip?0.5836578952148557 or http://obigota.d.miui.com/miflashunlock/MiFlashUnlock_latest.zip?0.5836578952148557

Run the tool and select the button on the left, assuming of course you flashed the official DEV ROM first. Then make sure the phone is signed into the Mi account and also the Windows APP is also signed into the same account. Press the button on the next screen and the bootloader will be unlocked within 20 seconds.

From there you can re-enter FASTBOOT mode and flash the TWRP in this thread. The multi language ROM link will be made public on our forums soon for all to download. Ask ingbrzy for the link if you need :)

Cheers,

Mark
both links 404 not found

Cheers,

Mark

You make it sound so easy, but unfortunately it is not. For us (new) Mi.com users we have trouble getting the MiFlashUnlock app to work. After logging in (while running the latest dev rom and with the correct Mi account with the latest flash tool) the only thing we see is this (see attachment)

Just that, no screen that asks for a phone connection or anything.

But I'm sure this will be resolved soon and I'm happy that you are building the rom :)

On a side note: To everyone that was able to unlock the device, if you login the MiFlashUnlock WITHOUT connecting the phone, will the app ask you to connect it? Cause I'm tired of flashing my phone to dev. and trying it .. Than flashing it back to Sphinx again (for the root)

Attachments

• miflashunlock_failed.jpg
    miflashunlock_failed.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 791
i dont understand i do all perfect the program show to me all ok but i still continue to have stock recovery!!! why???

Attachments

• 2015-12-30.png
    2015-12-30.png
    165.1 KB · Views: 741
You make it sound so easy, but unfortunately it is not. For us (new) Mi.com users we have trouble getting the MiFlashUnlock app to work. After logging in (while running the latest dev rom and with the correct Mi account with the latest flash tool) the only thing we see is this (see attachment)

Just that, no screen that asks for a phone connection or anything.

But I'm sure this will be resolved soon and I'm happy that you are building the rom :)

On a side note: To everyone that was able to unlock the device, if you login the MiFlashUnlock WITHOUT connecting the phone, will the app ask you to connect it? Cause I'm tired of flashing my phone to dev. and trying it .. Than flashing it back to Sphinx again (for the root)
Phone and APP need to signed in. Are you not doing the sign in part on the phone as well?

The screenshot didnt seem to show you had logged in, just the error code. When did you sign up for your Mi Account?

i dont understand i do all perfect the program show to me all ok but i still continue to have stock recovery!!! why???
Flash the recovery img then run: fastboot reboot

NOTE: hold the VOL UP key on the phone with the USB cable still connected when you enter the fastboot reboot command. When you see the MI logo on boot, release the VOL UP key. Wait another few seconds and it will boot into TWRP.

Flash the recovery img then run: fastboot reboot

NOTE: hold the VOL UP key on the phone with the USB cable still connected when you enter the fastboot reboot command. When you see the MI logo on boot, release the VOL UP key. Wait another few seconds and it will boot into TWRP.

This is what I see when I try to enter in recovery when I finish the process

Attachments

• 1451462254238-1679814656.jpg
    1451462254238-1679814656.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 729
Phone and APP need to signed in. Are you not doing the sign in part on the phone as well?

The screenshot didnt seem to show you had logged in, just the error code. When did you sign up for your Mi Account?

Thanks for the help. Phone and app are signed in on the same account (same UID). If I go to Mi cloud my account will show as fully verified with phone number and everything. If I open Mi account on my phone it will show my redmi note 3 under devices, fully activated with phone number too. Still if I logon using the MiFlashUnlock app it just shows the error screen. If you login on the app again, will it show you the same error? Or does it ask you to connect the phone? My account is two weeks old (same age as my phone :) )

i have solved my problem. It's NECESSARY install super su app and update binaries first to flash recovery or it will not work

does this guide work or no? some said yes and many said no, im confused dont know if i should try

I get the same error as you all get, I applied in the website, logged in mi account and Im on dev rom.

SO ANNOYING spent so many hours on this. dam.

I get the same error as you all get, I applied in the website, logged in mi account and Im on dev rom.

SO ANNOYING spent so many hours on this. dam.
phone also logged into Xiaomi account? Also visit http://i.mi.com and check your Redmi Note 3 is listed there.

Hi there,

Not working for me also.

Everything seems to be ok....

See attachement.

Does someone has any clue to resolve this....i'm searching for 3 complete days now....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-01-09-04-59_com.xiaomi.account.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-01-09-04-59_com.xiaomi.account.png
    592.6 KB · Views: 591
[quote = "Samwix, post: 266129, miembro de: 94033"] Hola! Usted debe agregar esta parte (instalación ROM desarrollador) a su guía:

ADVERTENCIA: Durante este proceso serán borrados todos los datos
  • Descarga desarrollador ROM aquí
  • Lugar que archivo .zip en la raíz de la memoria interna (no pegarlo en cualquier carpeta).
  • Ir a Updater App (lo encontrará en la pantalla de inicio> Herramientas (carpeta)> Actualización)
  • Pulse sobre los 3 puntos (en la esquina derecha de la pantalla)> Seleccionar archivo .zip descargado previamente.
  • El teléfono se reiniciará y usted será el desarrollador ROM!
Gracias a Muz_paray de en.miui.com. [/ Quote]
Hoa good happy new year, I'm following your instructions to install Developer Rom but I get the following error can't verify update. verify couldn't update, please try others.

Could I say I do wrong ?, because I downloaded the rom from your link, thank you very much

Happy 2016