[ultimate Guide] How To Unlock Bootloader, Root And Flash Recovery On Redmi Note 3

I needed to verify my phone number twice: first when I created an account, then another for binding it to a specific phone. You can give this a shot, it worked for me. Log in to your account on your phone and verify it's found under devices. Then log in on the web, go to messages and click on +, no need to fill anything. This will trigger a verification. Requesting the unlock worked after this
(yet another sms one time code). The form is a bit silly, it didn't work with any non-chinese characters :)

Yes, 5.12.31 dev rom from miui en.
I heard that there were some bugs in the ROM, although I haven't met any, I'd like to have a back up plan. Also, the bootloader unlocking didn't work for me too. Pressing the chinese button lead me to the page where i applied for a code I have no idea where to enter when I get it.

Btw, what's the real "supposed" recovery screen? The Fastboot image of the android and the mi mascot or the black and white screen with a phone and a usb cable?

Reactions: feds64
@feds64
When i want to apply to the unlock code, i filled in my name, state (austria +43) and number 0660 1234567 and a little statement. on the next page i should fill in an sms code to verify... but this never came.
The nummer at this page is correct(+436601234567). I got sms while binding my SIM to my Mi Account.

This means i never really applied, or?

If yes, how could i apply? i tried to set up all the account with other logins/number - but ther i didn´t even got an sms while binding to an mi account....

It is hassle-free, you dont need to do anything about sms or email... Just run thru this tutorial, they have been a bit relax on the Unlocking issue, now... So hurry before they decide something else...

Just run it....
http://en.miui.com/thread-199580-1-1.html

Btw, what's the real "supposed" recovery screen? The Fastboot image of the android and the mi mascot or the black and white screen with a phone and a usb cable?
The mascot Mi Bunny is fastboot or Bootloader boot mode...

Yes, 5.12.31 dev rom from miui en.
I heard that there were some bugs in the ROM, although I haven't met any, I'd like to have a back up plan. Also, the bootloader unlocking didn't work for me too. Pressing the chinese button lead me to the page where i applied for a code I have no idea where to enter when I get it.
You should be in the waiting queue...

@feds64
When i want to apply to the unlock code, i filled in my name, state (austria +43) and number 0660 1234567 and a little statement. on the next page i should fill in an sms code to verify... but this never came.
The nummer at this page is correct(+436601234567). I got sms while binding my SIM to my Mi Account.

This means i never really applied, or?

If yes, how could i apply? i tried to set up all the account with other logins/number - but ther i didn´t even got an sms while binding to an mi account....
Did you happen have a look at it?
Yup it fine by me...

i already unlocked the bootloader successfuly.

then, i have flashed the Recovery, but cant reboot my RMN3 3gb into Recovery. (successful)
when i keep pressing the vol up + power, it shows the fastboot screen with a power cable connected pic.

if i keep pressing vol down + power, it shows the fastboot screen with green Android cartoon pic.

i think, both are fastboot mode only.
how to reboot in recovery ? and instal the superSU ??
pls help

i already unlocked the bootloader successfuly.

then, i have flashed the Recovery, but cant reboot my RMN3 3gb into Recovery. (successful)
when i keep pressing the vol up + power, it shows the fastboot screen with a power cable connected pic.

if i keep pressing vol down + power, it shows the fastboot screen with green Android cartoon pic.

i think, both are fastboot mode only.
how to reboot in recovery ? and instal the superSU ??
pls help
http://en.miui.com/thread-200704-1-1.html

after you it you will know the answer...

Reactions: pramod
How to check bootloader unlock successful or not. I got 100% while doing it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

How to check bootloader unlock successful or not. I got 100% while doing it.

You see the three category with three green check marks... And on top of that if you go to the security app, to check the root access... If there is one it will automatically flash the root for you...

Reactions: pramod
You see the three category with three green check marks... And on top of that if you go to the security app, to check the root access... If there is one it will automatically flash the root for you...

Done... My device rooted now. And also installed SuperSU.

Now only Thing... How to goto recovery..... Will try it now

@feds64 thanks for all the info in this thread, you're definitely helping a lot of users out there mate, thumbs up!

Now, for a somewhat difficult question. As I have told you, I made an unlocking request via the web page and I am currently waiting for an answer.

The thing here is that this note 3 is for a friend. Since he did not have a Mi account, I used my own SIM and Mi account to do the unlocking request. I do not have a Xiaomi phone, I have a Oneplus one (although bought xiaomi's for all the family members). So I have returned my SIM to my own phone.

Right now I have the friend's Redmi note 3 with me, while I am expecting for the SMS code to arrive (on my phone). What will happen though when the SMS comes in from Xiaomi? I initially thought that it would contain a code, that would be inputted into an application or web form or something.

But if the SMS itself is used, then it will not reach the Note 3, if the SMS is not inserted in that phone. Should I remove my own SIM and insert it in the Redmi Note 3 phone while I am waiting? Or can I keep it inserted in my own phone until the SMS message arrives?

@feds64 thanks for all the info in this thread, you're definitely helping a lot of users out there mate, thumbs up!

Now, for a somewhat difficult question. As I have told you, I made an unlocking request via the web page and I am currently waiting for an answer.

The thing here is that this note 3 is for a friend. Since he did not have a Mi account, I used my own SIM and Mi account to do the unlocking request. I do not have a Xiaomi phone, I have a Oneplus one (although bought xiaomi's for all the family members). So I have returned my SIM to my own phone.

Right now I have the friend's Redmi note 3 with me, while I am expecting for the SMS code to arrive (on my phone). What will happen though when the SMS comes in from Xiaomi? I initially thought that it would contain a code, that would be inputted into an application or web form or something.

But if the SMS itself is used, then it will not reach the Note 3, if the SMS is not inserted in that phone. Should I remove my own SIM and insert it in the Redmi Note 3 phone while I am waiting? Or can I keep it inserted in my own phone until the SMS message arrives?
The SMS will say only that the unlock has been approved. And you no need to get that SMS into phone.
In the phone you will unlock, that has to be logged ON. That's it. For logging on, MI will send an OTP into the number connected with the account.
I just did it. And successfully.

Reactions: feds64 and cosmik
Done... My device rooted now. And also installed SuperSU.

Now only Thing... How to goto recovery..... Will try it now

Install Flashify or just go to the updater and press the three dot option to go to recovery, or old school way vol up+ power press and hold until mi comes out...

You have to think of the repercussion... Cos when you decide to transfer or separate the sim from the phone and account it might give you some headache... Some giggling to do..

And another thing is to register a few sim attached to an account, before these ppl decide to shut the small window... I pretty sure this is a temporary happiness for the miuiers rn3 user, but they are still going ahead with their plan, cos there been many fake ones in mainland China, don't even ask me how to produce a good phone with such a low margin...

On the first line of this post I read: "You dont need to apply for any Unlock Code or other stuff."

Ok, this is my (short) story:
1) First of all, I am Italian and I received my RN3 with custom ROM 7.00.77.00 with no update available. I solved this problem with this guide http://en.miui.com/thread-197451-1-1.html and with SP Flash Tool I started with original MIUI 7 Stable V7.0.16.0.LHNCNCJ
2) Then I flash the latest official Developer release with app Updater: MIUI 5.12.31 Weekly
3) I created xiaomi account with sim number and double check that its contains my RN3 on listed devices. Perfect!
4) Developer option and debug mode is also active

So, after this long procedure, I have all requirements on this guide, but it doesn't work.
When I start with fastboot and launch MiFlashUnlock.exe, its say that my account isn't able to unlock.
I know this fact and because of that I requested unlock to Xiaomi some days ago on http://www.miui.com/unlock/ (still waiting for sms), but I don't understand why you wrote "You dont need to apply for any Unlock Code or other stuff".

I think this is an error, honestly, but I'll be happy if I am wrong and you explain me why...

Thanks and sorry for my bad bad english

So, after this long procedure, I have all requirements on this guide, but it doesn't work.
When I start with fastboot and launch MiFlashUnlock.exe, its say that my account isn't able to unlock.

I know this fact and because of that I requested unlock to Xiaomi some days ago on http://www.miui.com/unlock/ (still waiting for sms), but I don't understand why you wrote "You dont need to apply for any Unlock Code or other stuff".
Same problem with yours.

I think this is an error, honestly, but I'll be happy if I am wrong and you explain me why...
If I understand correctly, the unlocker does not work for normal-class Mi members. You have to be some sort of premium member. @feds64 could explain things better in this rregard.

On the first line of this post I read: "You dont need to apply for any Unlock Code or other stuff."

Ok, this is my (short) story:
1) First of all, I am Italian and I received my RN3 with custom ROM 7.00.77.00 with no update available. I solved this problem with this guide http://en.miui.com/thread-197451-1-1.html and with SP Flash Tool I started with original MIUI 7 Stable V7.0.16.0.LHNCNCJ
2) Then I flash the latest official Developer release with app Updater: MIUI 5.12.31 Weekly
3) I created xiaomi account with sim number and double check that its contains my RN3 on listed devices. Perfect!
4) Developer option and debug mode is also active

Thanks and sorry for my bad bad english
Eg. Like myself and many others it is automatic, when we got thru without those hassle. Many of the new owners have passed without knowing the requirement, so like I said nobody from xiaomi is telling the right version of the criteria...
Honestly, friend from china, tells me just keep trying... Hence, for those who have not gotten it to be patience and try again...