Unable To Encrypt Mi5 Xiaomi.eu 8.0.10.0

apuf87

Members
Sep 9, 2016
Hi,
for the installation of the xiaomi.eu rom I formatted data partition, losing the marshmallow default encryption.

Now I installed xiaomi.eu 8.0.10.0 rom and I'm trying to re-encrypt my device through setting --> additional setting --> privacy --> encrypt device.

After I choose to encrypt it, a black screen with green android appears for just few seconds, and then the phone reboot to system.

What I've have to do in order to re-enable encryption?

Thanks a lot,
Angelo

I tried to encrypt the device after restoring the original boot and recovery img, taken from original rom, but the situation remains the same. Green logo and device rebooted :(

Lock the bootloader, than try encripting... I am not sure that you can encrypt with bootloader unlocked....

You can. Must be another reason. Try to encrypt it with the official MIUI and see if works. If works, maybe is something disabled in EU version.
And tell us if you succeded. Thanks !

Reactions: 77bba
Solved by flashing official global MIUI, locking the bootloader (this automatically encrypt my storage).

After that I unlocked the bootloader and flashed xiaomi.eu rom through adb sideload and now I have this rom with encrypted device.

Angelo