Universal Tool For Managing Mipad 2

Hey Papka, could you help me? When I'm flashing to twrp on my MiPad it goes black. When it's in recovery mode I can access adb(but when on fastboot devices is not showed). Any idea how to enter twrp?

Hey Papka, could you help me? When I'm flashing to twrp on my MiPad it goes black. When it's in recovery mode I can access adb(but when on fastboot devices is not showed). Any idea how to enter twrp?

Please, specify, what do you mean "goes black"? You need to install driver for fastboot. From tool drivers folder, install Intel drivers. Boot device into fastboot mode with device connected to PC. Go to device manager, and update driver to Intel ADB composite device. This should be enough.

I mean that after writing command "fastboot boot twrp.img" my MiPad should boot to twrp, but it doesn't boot to it. It just turns off or something like that.

My drivers are updated. It seems like MiPad can't recognize twrp

Last edited:
I have problems to access to recovery. Which is the fastboot command to fix it?

Kind regards.

I mean that after writing command "fastboot boot twrp.img" my MiPad should boot to twrp, but it doesn't boot to it. It just turns off or something like that.

My drivers are updated. It seems like MiPad can't recognize twrp

fastboot oem reboot recovery

I have some problem.. I used the universal tool to get rid of the 963 error. After restart appears the wellcome screen, I can choose the language, but after confirming, appears "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped." error.. The tablet is stuck at the wellcome screen.. Can not access to recovery, neither fastboot, only DNX fastboot is accessible..

I allready tried with Fix_buttons.zip, with instructions posted in this forum.
After running IFWI.bat it asks to set bootloader to verified, and after running the command again (next restart), it asks to lock bootloader. I tried all combinations, but nothing happens.. In DNX loader.efi seems to work, but the commands do not work, only the command fastboot devices works..

Papka__ can you please help with this?

I have some problem.. I used the universal tool to get rid of the 963 error. After restart appears the wellcome screen, I can choose the language, but after confirming, appears "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped." error.. The tablet is stuck at the wellcome screen.. Can not access to recovery, neither fastboot, only DNX fastboot is accessible..

I allready tried with Fix_buttons.zip, with instructions posted in this forum.
After running IFWI.bat it asks to set bootloader to verified, and after running the command again (next restart), it asks to lock bootloader. I tried all combinations, but nothing happens.. In DNX loader.efi seems to work, but the commands do not work, only the command fastboot devices works..

Papka__ can you please help with this?

Ok. Let's start step by step.
Which ROM you are using? Version?
My suggestion - download one of my mods from here https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/fastboot-rom-with-gapps-root-and-some-other-stuffs.34148/, put extracted files into ROM subfolder of the Tool.
Boot device in and run the Tool.
If all is fine - you will boot into menu. Then use flash ROM option, then use Fix buttons option, then exit Tool.
Let me know about results.
Due to you fixed error 963 before you have nothing left on your tab anyway, so nothing to backup.

Ok. Let's start step by step.
Which ROM you are using? Version?
My suggestion - download one of my mods from here, put extracted files into ROM subfolder of the Tool.
Boot device in and run the Tool.
If all is fine - you will boot into menu. Then use flash ROM option, then use Fix buttons option, then exit Tool.
Let me know about results.
Due to you fixed error 963 before you have nothing left on your tab anyway, so nothing to backup.
I have got the tablet from Gearbest 3 days ago, but after noticing battery drain, I flashed this ROM: xiaomi.eu_multi_MIPAD2_V8.1.3.0.LACCNDI_v8-5.1.zip. The tabled forked flowlessly, just google play store did not work, so I tried this universal tool.

I would do that, but can not enable usb debugging, and without that the universal tool does not work.. Only dnx fastboot is available, I tried 100 times with button combination, but can not access recovery or fastboot.. What else can be worth trying? :(

Reactions: Papka__
I would do that, but can not enable usb debugging, and without that the universal tool does not work.. Only dnx fastboot is available, I tried 100 times with button combination, but can not access recovery or fastboot.. What else can be worth trying? :(

ok. let's do that way...
1. Boot your device into DnX mode
2. Open command line inside Tool folder
3. Write such commands:
a. set debug=0
b. fastboot boot loader.efi
4. Then run tool.bat, when device will be in Fasboot mode.
5. Do things I suggested above.

Reactions: oswaldo123
ok. let's do that way...
1. Boot your device into DnX mode
2. Open command line inside Tool folder
3. Write such commands:
a. set debug=0
b. fastboot boot loader.efi
4. Then run tool.bat, when device will be in Fasboot mode.
5. Do things I suggested above.
It worked :) :) :) What I did differently this time, was just entering to DNX mode with the usb cable connected to the PC.. The writing about the wrong drivers appeard, but after pressing enter, the menu appeared and the tablet booted in fastboot..

But play store still not working, do I try the tool again? Bootloader is now unlocked?

But play store still not working, do I try the tool again? Bootloader is now unlocked?

What do you mean - not working?
You still on your ROM or you flashed my MOD?

PS Booting into fastboot/DnX - cable always should be connected. Otherwise Windows will not be able recognize device. It' s written multiple times in this thread and I think meant in main topic.

What do you mean - not working?
You still on your ROM or you flashed my MOD?

PS Booting into fastboot/DnX - cable always should be connected. Otherwise Windows will not be able recognize device. It' s written multiple times in this thread and I think meant in main topic.
I have read a lot on different forums, and as I remember some people wrote that the cable must be connected after entering fastboot.. My mistake, I did not fully understood/read carefully this thread..

I flashed your MOD xiaomi.eu 8.1.3.0 from the link you provided. Google play store still have 963 error.

I have read a lot on different forums, and as I remember some people wrote that the cable must be connected after entering fastboot.. My mistake, I did not fully understood/read carefully this thread..

I flashed your MOD xiaomi.eu 8.1.3.0 from the link you provided. Google play store still have 963 error.

Ok. That's remained from your initial flash. Run tool once again and choose option to Fix market. All user data on device will be lost!!!!! You will need re-setup device.

Ok. That's remained from your initial flash. Run tool once again and choose option to Fix market. All user data on device will be lost!!!!! You will need re-setup device.
Now it´s working like a charm :) I have one more question, not sure if fits in this thread, I googled a bit but nothing usefull found, do you know how to flash Widevine DRM libraries? Streaming apps do not work without.. Or it can not be done because the tab is rooted?

Now it´s working like a charm :) I have one more question, not sure if fits in this thread, I googled a bit but nothing usefull found, do you know how to flash Widevine DRM libraries? Streaming apps do not work without.. Or it can not be done because the tab is rooted?

Not sure this will works. It's pure China device...

Dear Papka,

The twrp 3.0.3.0 that you provide in toolbox is not good. This twrp have a big big lag, and is not easy to work with it...unlock the screen in twrp is maddening, I turn crazy only for unlock it hahahaha
For me, the best twrp for mipad 2 at the moment is 3.0.0.0, or 3.0.2.0, but the last one sometimes dont want to enter in recovery mode. So I am using twrp 3.0.0.0 and by moment no problem.

Thanks again for your tool, it is amazing!!

Dear Papka,

The twrp 3.0.3.0 that you provide in toolbox is not good. This twrp have a big big lag, and is not easy to work with it...unlock the screen in twrp is maddening, I turn crazy only for unlock it hahahaha
For me, the best twrp for mipad 2 at the moment is 3.0.0.0, or 3.0.2.0, but the last one sometimes dont want to enter in recovery mode. So I am using twrp 3.0.0.0 and by moment no problem.

Thanks again for your tool, it is amazing!!

Hi. I know about problems with 3.0.3.0. That's why I left previous (2.8.6.0 or something like that) in RECOVERY subfolder. I heard, that other 3.0.x.x have problems with MTP connection in recovery mode. That' s why I didn't included them.
I' m not using TWRP as regular at all, because it' s nothing to flash with it.

Hi. I know about problems with 3.0.3.0. That's why I left previous (2.8.6.0 or something like that) in RECOVERY subfolder. I heard, that other 3.0.x.x have problems with MTP connection in recovery mode. That' s why I didn't included them.
I' m not using TWRP as regular at all, because it' s nothing to flash with it.
Yes I tried with your 2.8.6.0 version, but I had problems flashing like unmount bootloader or unmount system.
I am using twrp 3.0.0.0, and no problem with MTP, and by moment all flashables was correct.
It was only for info.

Yes I tried with your 2.8.6.0 version, but I had problems flashing like unmount bootloader or unmount system.
I am using twrp 3.0.0.0, and no problem with MTP, and by moment all flashables was correct.
It was only for info.

Ok. Thank you. Then probably I'll replace my versions to 3.0.0.0.

Reactions: Toni Luke