Update firmware - reboots to Chinese menu

jimbob80

Members
Dec 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

I received an update notification on my Mi 11 Ultra.

When I click on update, it explains about slot A and then asks if I am sure to continue. After clicking yes, it reboots to a Chinese menu (Black screen and blue buttons).
Translating these: 1: Reboot 2: Clear data 3: Connect to software 4: Safe mode 5: Maintenance Mode

I can't seem to see anything related to installing the latest firmware, which has been downloaded and ready.

Can anyone assist in enlightening me on how to proceed?

Hello everyone,

I received an update notification on my Mi 11 Ultra.

When I click on update, it explains about slot A and then asks if I am sure to continue. After clicking yes, it reboots to a Chinese menu (Black screen and blue buttons).
Translating these: 1: Reboot 2: Clear data 3: Connect to software 4: Safe mode 5: Maintenance Mode

I can't seem to see anything related to installing the latest firmware, which has been downloaded and ready.

Can anyone assist in enlightening me on how to proceed?
do you use the xiaomi.eu rom or the original rom ?

if you use the custom rom from xiaomi.eu team..

on the other side…
c.mi.com

on the other side…
c.mi.com
My apologies, failed to mention that fact. I am using the Xiaomi.eu rom.
I will take a look at the link. Cheers.

Reactions: katerpanne

on the other side…
c.mi.com
Had a look at the link, read through it. But couldn't really see a resolution. I performed these steps initially when I installed the EU rom. I was under the impression that once an update is available and downloaded via settings, it would install after reboot, but does not appear to do this. Instead goes to a menu screen which is in Chinese.

Had a look at the link, read through it. But couldn't really see a resolution. I performed these steps initially when I installed the EU rom. I was under the impression that once an update is available and downloaded via settings, it would install after reboot, but does not appear to do this. Instead goes to a menu screen which is in Chinese.
you sent no details what you did and which version. I think your challenge is twrp. write in detail what you did, update from version x to version y, stable or weekly and so on… otherwise we cant help, the world is turning around

if you are following my guide step by step it should work

you sent no details what you did and which version. I think your challenge is twrp. write in detail what you did, update from version x to version y, stable or weekly and so on… otherwise we cant help, the world is turning around

if you are following my guide step by step it should work
Ok, I have the Mi 11 Ultra, which was sent to me from China. I went through the process with TWRP and connecting to my PC etc to initially flash 13.0.12 stable, which is what I currently have installed and everything is working perfectly. I have been using the phone, with the bootloader still unlocked and haven't touched anything where that is concerned since the initial install.

I just received a notification within the phone settings that there is an update to the latest stable version, the update within "My Device" in settings, downloads the update ready for installation. I tapped on the install update, followed the on screen instructions, it then reboots. But instead of seeing anything relating to installing the update, I see the MIUI recovery menu (in Chinese).

This is where I am stuck now.

Am I correct to assume, that this is the incorrect way to install an update? Even though it has been pushed OTA, from xiaomi.eu. I was assuming it would simply reboot to install. I am happy to follow the guide, if this is what is required to install the update.

My apologies for my ignorance, I am rather new at this.

Ok, I have the Mi 11 Ultra, which was sent to me from China. I went through the process with TWRP and connecting to my PC etc to initially flash 13.0.12 stable, which is what I currently have installed and everything is working perfectly. I have been using the phone, with the bootloader still unlocked and haven't touched anything where that is concerned since the initial install.

I just received a notification within the phone settings that there is an update to the latest stable version, the update within "My Device" in settings, downloads the update ready for installation. I tapped on the install update, followed the on screen instructions, it then reboots. But instead of seeing anything relating to installing the update, I see the MIUI recovery menu (in Chinese).

This is where I am stuck now.

Am I correct to assume, that this is the incorrect way to install an update? Even though it has been pushed OTA, from xiaomi.eu. I was assuming it would simply reboot to install. I am happy to follow the guide, if this is what is required to install the update.

My apologies for my ignorance, I am rather new at this.
I think you did not install the twrp permanent… so follow my guide and it will work

fastboot boot twrp.img and install the new rom version

You are a legend, thank you for your help. I will do this as soon as I am home

I think you did not install the twrp permanent… so follow my guide and it will work

fastboot boot twrp.img and install the new rom version
I have connected my Mi 11 Ultra to PC, booted the phone in to fastboot, typed command: fastboot boot twrp.img to boot in to twrp, I am trying to install twrp permanently using the "install recovery ramdisk" option. But I cannot see the file listed in the file explorer. I downloaded the twrp image on my phone, which is in the sd card folder, but when I access that via twrp, I don't see any folders or files, I cannot even see documents, downloads or DCIM either.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong here?

I have connected my Mi 11 Ultra to PC, booted the phone in to fastboot, typed command: fastboot boot twrp.img to boot in to twrp, I am trying to install twrp permanently using the "install recovery ramdisk" option. But I cannot see the file listed in the file explorer. I downloaded the twrp image on my phone, which is in the sd card folder, but when I access that via twrp, I don't see any folders or files, I cannot even see documents, downloads or DCIM either.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong here?
yes I think. if twrp is booting did you enter a PIN? did you set a PIN/Password? there are hints in my how to.

If you cant decrypt / see your folders after booting TWRP
-
check if you use the correct TWRP (see links)
- change Pattern/Password to PIN
- remove the PIN in system and try it again
- solution from @Karpfenhai
- solution1 & solution2 from @digeratz
- if it will not work choose another twrp version

yes I think. if twrp is booting did you enter a PIN? did you set a PIN/Password? there are hints in my how to.

If you cant decrypt / see your folders after booting TWRP
-
check if you use the correct TWRP (see links)
- change Pattern/Password to PIN
- remove the PIN in system and try it again
- solution from @Karpfenhai
- solution1 & solution2 from @digeratz
- if it will not work choose another twrp version
I have facepalmed myself. It wasn't the correct and most recent twrp. It's all working and OTA update worked. Thanks for all the help.

Reactions: katerpanne