update.zip signature verification failed

Dec 18, 2012
Hey guys

When trying to flash the latest rom, I get "update.zip signature verification failed".
I have a regular MI2 phone, and I downloaded the aries 3.5.10 (Xiaomi MI-2/MI-2S) zip.

What I did:
1. clear cache
2. install zip to partition 1

at 98% he says "update.zip signature verification failed"

Anyone has a cure for this?

When I reboot, in about phone, I can see the active version is still 3.3.8

Thank you allready for the help.

Kind regards,

Matthias

Well I bet you dont tell us all. You have to tell all unusual things you did, because rom is properly signed and there's no way this could be different.
Did you check MD5 sums generated from your file and compared with the one in download section?

Dont download update.zip but aries build.. and use UPDATER app, not MiRecovery for update...

I have the exact same problem. I renamed the "miuiandroid_lang_aries-3.7.12.zip" file to "update.zip", cleared all cache in my Xiaomi Mi2S in MiRecovery, and at 98% of the installation I get the "update.zip signature verification failed" message. I'm a newbie in Android, how can I deal with this problem?

Today i received my Mi3 and i'm very happy.Just a little problem: The store installed a rom (miui version jxdcnal22.0) with all the languages and Google apps, but i can't do OTA update. I tryed installing JXCCNBA13.0 from recovery boot and I get allmost the same error at 98%.... it says "update.zip failed". Anyone know why?? Thanks
Battery level 32%....may be this the reason ? :)

Today i received my Mi3 and i'm very happy.Just a little problem: The store installed a rom (miui version jxdcnal22.0) with all the languages and Google apps, but i can't do OTA update. I tryed installing JXCCNBA13.0 from recovery boot and I get allmost the same error at 98%.... it says "update.zip failed". Anyone know why?? Thanks
Battery level 32%....may be this the reason ? :)
install stock rom via miflash... if its not a fake...

ingbrzy, thank for your answer.Before using miflash, i want to try wipe function. In recovery mode i have this options: wipe cache, wipe user data, wipe all data, wipe sd card .
Wich ones should i use? First 2 options doesn't seem to extreme, but the last 2 make me think i will erase too much

Finally solved.
I was trying to flas the TD version !!!
My mistake.
I downloaded WCDMA version and worked normally, of course. :)))