Updating the MIUI Gallery fails, battery draining

WilczaQ

Members
Mar 7, 2019
Hi.

Recently, the miui gallery has been draining the battery a lot.

(In Polish)
263177141_1604241493263228_309902792122758057_n.jpg

I read on the internet that I need to update the gallery to a newer version, but when installing the APK file, the installer normally pops up (quite well-known on the forum) message "Unable to install applications from unknown sources". Installation by "package installer" from Google, SAI or "adb install" fails. In adb it throws the error "Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE: Package com.miui.gallery signatures do not match previously installed version; ignoring!]".
1638552731290.png

How to install this apk file? Is it possible to change the signature somehow?
Only "adb shell: pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.gallery" works but then "pm install" throws this error above.

Thank for help.

I have translated from Polish via Google Translator. I'm sorry for the mistakes.

Hi.

Recently, the miui gallery has been draining the battery a lot.

(In Polish)
View attachment 39836

I read on the internet that I need to update the gallery to a newer version, but when installing the APK file, the installer normally pops up (quite well-known on the forum) message "Unable to install applications from unknown sources". Installation by "package installer" from Google, SAI or "adb install" fails. In adb it throws the error "Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE: Package com.miui.gallery signatures do not match previously installed version; ignoring!]".
View attachment 39837

How to install this apk file? Is it possible to change the signature somehow?
Only "adb shell: pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.gallery" works but then "pm install" throws this error above.

Thank for help.

I have translated from Polish via Google Translator. I'm sorry for the mistakes.
This is system application?
You can NOT modify them on EU rom.
Not allowed by design.

Reactions: Poney70
Update 12.5.9 is out today. After updating to this version, the gallery with the system is now in the latest version. Everything works now, and there's no battery drain. Thanks Xiaomi :)
Thread closed.