Volume became louder with new update?

throwaway69

Members
Nov 13, 2020
I would like to preface this by saying: I have had the same headphones and same phone before and after the new update. I also have extremely sensitive hearing, and usually listen at the lowest possible setting, as anything higher can cause severe headaches, and once caused my ears to literally bleed. However, i have noticed with this new update... everything is louder. Significantly. Now, this is causing me to be completely unable to listen to anything, due to the previously mentioned headaches. If there was even a setting to make things quieter that would be great. Now i have absolutely no clue how this site works (I have never used it before and don't plan on using this site again) so i am completely unsure if this is in the wrong category. My apologies if it is. Also, i prefer they/them, before anyone asks, and call me anon. Thank you. tl:dr, sound's louder, hurts, anyone else experiencing this? Any way to report this issue?

I doubt the devs here can fix this issue. It's up to Xiaomi devs to fix it. So you need to report it to official Xiaomi forum.
By the way: Are you using this custom ROM here? Or is your device running on stock ROM?

I have no idea... I think it's stock, though. And if you don't mind me asking, where's the other forum? This was the first one to come up when i searched. Sorry for being a bother.