Invalid Wavelet or Poweramp EQ on 1.0.42.0.UNBCNXM (Stable) not working

Jun 6, 2024
Hello,

First of all a big thanks to all developers and translators making these EU ROMs happen!

I recently bought an unlocked Xiaomi 14 Pro with the latest EU ROM 1.0.42.0.UNBCNXM (Stable) preinstalled. Overall a great mobile and very pleasant OS, but I struggle to get Wavelet (or Poweramp EQ) to use predefined EQ curves for my headphones up and running. I checked the forum to find recent messages for either apps but couldn’t find any, so I assume they work and the problem must be on my side with my setup or settings.

Could anyone confirm if you were able to get Wavelet or Poweramp EQ up and running on a Xiaomi 14/ 14 Pro?

For Wavelet for example, I followed the documentation - https://pittvandewitt.github(.)io/Wavelet/Settings - was able to grant the DUMP permission, gave permission for notification, did changes to the battery use, allowed autostart etc. The audio player’s session gets recognised by Wavelet, but the audio volume is always on 100% and the volume control of the phone don't work. (same issue happens to Poweramp EQ)

Thanks for letting me know

Reactions: EduardoRGCM
Hello, I use Wavelet on my Duchamp with the xiaomi.eu rom and it works perfectly.

Verify that these two permissions are granted:

Attachments

• photo_2024-06-28_17-04-24.jpg
    photo_2024-06-28_17-04-24.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 21
If you're having volume issues and it's a Bluetooth device, go to Bluetooth, click on the advanced options for your device, and make sure "Keep Volume Consistent" is turned on.

Attachments

• photo_2024-06-28_17-13-02.jpg
    photo_2024-06-28_17-13-02.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 20
Thank you for your confirmation! I am so glad to hear Wavelet works. I was able to give both permissions. Last thing on my side to eliminate in the equation is the USB dongle (FiiO KA11) i use, before i go through through the trouble to reinstall Hyperos from scratch. Something must have gone wrong. Maybe one of my apps or me messing around in the OS's settings must interfere. Unfortunately i installed Wavelet the very last during the initial set up of the phone.

++thanks again & have a nice weekend

Reactions: EduardoRGCM
For anyone who might struggle with the same issue, I finally figured it out how to get it up and running. It seems my 14 Pro doesn't let wavelet or poweramp eq use the volume control buttons (even if you give the permissions) for any other music player than HyperOS's own player. One more detail about wavelet on my device, with every album or track the volume raises for half a second and falls back to normal. This wont happen with poweramp eq. - @EduardoRGCM thanks again for your comments!

You can ignore above, it you install the poweramp player instead. you get the parametric equalization an actual functional music player in comparison to mi music one and the volume button issue is non existent as well. life can be so simple :)