New What to do to avoid twrp encryption after flash a .zip file?

marcealban

Members
Feb 29, 2020
The way in which miui is updated is great, your data and applications are preserved correctly, but some of us it happens that after a correct installation, the device boots correctly ...
but...
when we need to enter twrp again ... there is that annoying message asking for code to decrypt the device ...

this code should be the same screen lock code but it never is ...

That's why I would like us to collaborate in a thread to help all of us who don't know how to prevent twrp from asking us for code after an installation ...

I have heard that you have to do wipe of dalvik cache twice ... but it is not specified when ... I have done it
1 time before and one after
2 times later
2 times before
2 times before and 2 times after
It has never worked

So if someone knows how to do it, I step by step .... so that it is impossible to do it wrong ...

my device is a redmi note 7, I hope this request is well received, because surely there are many of us who do not want to lose our data every time the weekly update arrives
thank you very much for your help

The way in which miui is updated is great, your data and applications are preserved correctly, but some of us it happens that after a correct installation, the device boots correctly ...
but...
when we need to enter twrp again ... there is that annoying message asking for code to decrypt the device ...

View attachment 29217

That's why I would like us to collaborate in a thread to help all of us who don't know how to prevent twrp from asking us for code after an installation ...

I have heard that you have to do wipe of dalvik cache twice ... but it is not specified when ... I have done it
2 times later
2 times before
It has never worked

So if someone knows how to do it, I step by step .... so that it is impossible to do it wrong ...

my device is a redmi note 7, I hope this request is well received, because surely there are many of us who do not want to lose our data every time the weekly update arrives
Is it this you are looking for?
sometime a light search make you avoid writing so much!

Is it this you are looking for?
sometime a light search make you avoid writing so much!
no, that thread talks about a bootloop ...
that's not my problem ....
in my case, the installation completes correctly, the device boots correctly, but when it comes time to install the next weekly update, the bootloader (TWRP) asks for password ... this password should be the same password as the lock screen .. but it is not and the only solution is to erase all the data so that the storage is no longer encrypted, encryption is activated as soon as you enable the lock screen, it does not matter if before doing it you go to the settings and deactivate the encryption ... as soon as you put a lock password the twrp will be locked again ...

no, that thread talks about a bootloop ...
that's not my problem ....
in my case, the installation completes correctly, the device boots correctly, but when it comes time to install the next weekly update, the bootloader (TWRP) asks for password ... this password should be the same password as the lock screen .. but it is not and the only solution is to erase all the data so that the storage is no longer encrypted, encryption is activated as soon as you enable the lock screen, it does not matter if before doing it you go to the settings and deactivate the encryption ... as soon as you put a lock password the twrp will be locked again ...
Understood!
-easy solution, if you don't find the right TWRP that fits with rom encryption and if you don't care of it, you can install the zip rom via your external SDcard or OTG.
When accessing TWRP hit "cancel" and you will be allowed to mount and install the zip you posted out of the phone memory.

but...

View attachment 29217

2 times later
2 times before
It has never worked

Maybe what you are looking for is Zackptg5 "DM-Verity & Forceencrypt Disabler" (I'm new so apparently I can't paste the direct download link)

If you don't care about encryption flash the ZIP file in TWRP after you have flashed the ROM. Normally I go ROM, Magisk, Disable Forceencrypt and that will patch Magisk boot image as well and then every weekly update you do the same, flash Magisk (Optional) then Disable Forceencrypt, Reboot, profit.

Update your recovery to latest OrangeFox and issue should be gone...
I already tried to do that ... the problem is that the partition needs to be mounted to make changes ... and in order to mount the partition I need the password to decrypt the storage ... and the password doesn't work

Flash via fastboot... Extract img from zip and flash via PC (or do adb sideload...)

Maybe what you are looking for is Zackptg5 "DM-Verity & Forceencrypt Disabler" (I'm new so apparently I can't paste the direct download link)

If you don't care about encryption flash the ZIP file in TWRP after you have flashed the ROM. Normally I go ROM, Magisk, Disable Forceencrypt and that will patch Magisk boot image as well and then every weekly update you do the same, flash Magisk (Optional) then Disable Forceencrypt, Reboot, profit.
I can not install anything unless it is via Fastboot ... partitions need the password to be mounted and need to be mounted to be modified .... I can enter the SD card and view the installer but it is useless because not installed anyway ...

Understood!
-easy solution, if you don't find the right TWRP that fits with rom encryption and if you don't care of it, you can install the zip rom via your external SDcard or OTG.
When accessing TWRP hit "cancel" and you will be allowed to mount and install the zip you posted out of the phone memory.
I can't flash anything using twrp, a solution I can think of ... is to erase the data on my device install the ROM ... twrp has the option (remove focecript and disable dm-verity) but if this option is enabled from twrp , the screen lock cannot be activated and the fingerprint reader stops working

Pesquise YouTube
"TWRP TRAVANDO PEDINDO SENHA? COMO RESOLVER!"
Vai apagar seus dados, mas remove a senha.

I can't flash anything using twrp, a solution I can think of ... is to erase the data on my device install the ROM ... twrp has the option (remove focecript and disable dm-verity) but if this option is enabled from twrp , the screen lock cannot be activated and the fingerprint reader stops working
Oh, yeah, I meant if you ever re-install Xiaomi.eu or any custom ROM and you would like to avoid encryption simply flash the DM-Verity & Forceencrypt Disabler. It looks like you were able to solve the issue already though. Great news :)