Where Is The User Guide For My Xiaomi Redmi Note 4?

Ademeion

Members
Nov 19, 2016
Hello,

I bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 a few days ago, and to my surprise there was no user guide in the package, neither in physical or digital form. After trying to find a web version for a couple of days I'm beginning to think that there is no user guide at all, perhaps for any Xiaomi phones. Is it really so? My last phone was a Nokia E7 with Symbian operating system, which is very different from Android and MIUI. I'm beginning to regret my purchase, as learning through trial and error takes too much of my time. There are pieces of information available in this forum and scattered around the Internet, but although I appreciate them, and they may be very useful in some problematic situations, they are not a substitute for a proper user guide. But perhaps I just missed it, and someone soon hands me a link to a thick and thorough Redmi Note 4 user guide.

Thanks,

Ademeion

Reactions: Anghealach
Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no user guide for this model. And I can agree it would be very, very useful because I find the menu in RedmiNote4 not intuitive. I understand you well, I had the same thing from the beginning. :) Although, you can try to find any other manual for Xiaomi with Android 6.0 and MIUI. These manuals could help you a lot.

Thanks, Ver! I'll try to find a manual that's close enough to Note 4. I tried that with a couple of phone models before posting, and couldn't find anything, so I thought that Xiaomi phones perhaps don't have manuals at all.

Unfortunately you will have to learn a new way of using your phone no matter what phone you buy. Android and iOS (Apple) have been around so long now they all assume you know how to use them. Try searching on the internet for Android or MIUI instructional guides or videos on YouTube. Good luck. You will find you will learn it quickly.

Unfortunately you will have to learn a new way of using your phone no matter what phone you buy.

Of course, and the lack of user guide makes the learning process much slower and more cumbersome.
Android and iOS (Apple) have been around so long now they all assume you know how to use them.

I can't believe Xiaomi assumes that–they can't be that silly. I think they just try to get away without investing in it (although it's cheap compared to the benefits). A large group of users come from other platforms like Nokia and Blackberry, and many change from Android to iPhone or vice versa. Phones and user interfaces also evolve all the time. If you know all about this years model, you may not know all about the one that comes next year. All Android phones also aren't even closely similar. Manufacturers add their own features and applications, and make other changes.
Try searching on the internet for Android or MIUI instructional guides or videos on YouTube.

I already have watched many, although I shouldn't have to. Finding everything I need to know through watching videos takes an unreasonable amount of time. The videos may have "everything about" or similar in their name, but they mostly are short, superficial presentations of the most flashy new features. And a video is generally not the best user interface to learn to use a complex device; there has to be text (although a video can be very useful in some cases). The fact that the videos on YouTube are not organised at all, and don't have a searchable list of content, forces you to watch the videos to the end to find out if they have what you want to know. A user guide is again much better in this regard.
Good luck. You will find you will learn it quickly.

You're absolutely right !
I bought it yesterday, and I'm spending so much time for basic settings. To turn on the gps sensor for example.
A lot of manufacturers don't provide manuals (even Bosch for its washing machines).
They think they are selling their products to too clever or too stupid people.

What an economic oppoortunity! given the nomber of these selling, the number of daily searches for English manual must be very high! Surprised no one has made their own and started selling on line !

Reactions: Adeolu