Widevine L1 / Netflix 15001 error

Dorisnov

Members
Jun 19, 2018
Good morning!

Tomorrow I will unlock my Mi 9 bootloader and I was thinking about flash Xiaomi.eu like in my older Xiaomi devices. Knowing Xiaomi.eu is based in Chinese releases I assume it has Widevine L3, like chinese rom. Is this right? What Widevine level does Xiaomi.eu have? If it has L3, is there any plans about implement L1 in Xiaomi.eu?

Thanks you in advantage.

Good morning!

Tomorrow I will unlock my Mi 9 bootloader and I was thinking about flash Xiaomi.eu like in my older Xiaomi devices. Knowing Xiaomi.eu is based in Chinese releases I assume it has Widevine L3, like chinese rom. Is this right? What Widevine level does Xiaomi.eu have? If it has L3, is there any plans about implement L1 in Xiaomi.eu?

Thanks you in advantage.
It's L3

It's L1

full drm.jpg

that's the info I'm looking.. so tho is Chinese based it doesn't loose widevine and keeps L1???? with xiaomi.eu rom?

For me, DRM Info is showing L3. Is this due to Magisk? The BL unlock? I don't think so, but...

Attachments

• DRM_info.jpg
    DRM_info.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,228
Last edited:
Reactions: Ted presley
For me, DRM Info is showing L3. Is this due to Magisk? The BL unlock? I don't think so, but...

Same here, I think only the real "global" version will have L1? Anyway, I don't watch Netfix on my phone, so, this is not a deal breaker.

Same here, I think only the real "global" version will have L1? Anyway, I don't watch Netfix on my phone, so, this is not a deal breaker.
I have a real global version and it's L3 so don't understand why other poster says L1

I've got a Chinese 8G/128GB installed with Xiaomi.eu and it shows as L3. Woud like to know if there will be a way to get it to L1. Currently no root or magisk.
photo_2019-03-28_21-46-47.jpg

In global stable I had L1, so it has to be related to magisk or bl.
I believe the true Global version have L1 and there's no 8gb variant of global. So a safe conclusion is no L1 for 8Gb version...

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

I have Level 3 and no problem with Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.
MI 9, 8GB China version, unlocked and running xiaomi.eu now.

to be honest, you do not really notice the difference in quality between the 2, yes L3 is in 576p and L1 in 1080p... on such a small size screen you dont really notice the pixel difference, unless you feel OCD. If you look at bit-rate differences then it may seem abit much 1750 kbps vs 4000kbps, but then again 1750kbps on a 6" looks good.
if you feel you have OCD about it, maybe buy a Global version and keep stock rom.

idk if mi 9 global version or not, but the default rom there is mi apps store and google apps,
then ubl flash xiaomi.eu with magisk + root .. I have L1

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-03-31 at 09.48.53.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-03-31 at 09.48.53.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,172
Can you check Widevine L1 in our 9.3.28...?

Dont forget to download certificate
- Ensure you have connected to the Internet;
- Ensure at least one fingerprint enrolled;
- Go to Settings -> Lock screen & password -> Manage fingerprints -> Fingerprint payments -> Widevine (L1)
- Click "Certificate" button to download widevine certification key

Reactions: Dorisnov

- Go to Settings -> Lock screen & password -> Manage fingerprints -> Fingerprint payments -> Widevine (L1)

yeah on 9.3.28 Screenshot_2019-03-31-18-52-22-029_com.android.settings.png
Widevine L1 Screenshot_2019-03-31-18-59-52-565_com.androidfung.drminfo.png
but there is not show fingerprint payment Widevine certificate Screenshot_2019-03-31-19-27-38-077_com.miui.cloudservice.png

and I have problem related fingerprint authentication, I can't add fingerprint on app Jenius Banking from Indonesia, after add show error "can't identified"
even was success download certificate FIDO & IFAA Screenshot_2019-03-31-18-50-17-047_com.miui.cloudservice.pngScreenshot_2019-03-31-18-50-23-613_com.miui.cloudservice.png

also have issue on app Netflix,
when first open app netflix show error 15001

netflix 15001 can fixed with this trick:
- install magisk module liboemcrypto disabler,
- enable it
- reboot
-then can login

but when enable magisk module liboemcrypto disabler get Widevine L3Screenshot_2019-03-31-18-54-26-335_com.androidfung.drminfo.png

after disable and reboot get back Widevine L1 Screenshot_2019-03-31-18-59-52-565_com.androidfung.drminfo.png

now netflix still working and can play even that module are disabled and still get Widevine L1 but on setting netflix app info device still detect L3 :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-31-18-58-37-477_com.netflix.mediaclient.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-31-18-58-37-477_com.netflix.mediaclient.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,039
Last edited:
Reactions: Ted presley

I've downloaded the certificates and now I have L1. I'm facing the same problem as Galih R. Permana with the Netflix error on login (and if I do the trick, Netflix also detects L3).

Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Can also confirm netflix 15001 error. Thanks for trying getting this to work though!

Edit: did someone already try changing device fingerprint using magiskhideprops? This build has polaris (oreo) fingerprint which might be the cause of netflix 15001 error.

Last edited: