Would you consider paying for the MIUI Weather app if it was made available?

Would you pay for MIUI Weather given what you have just read?

• Total voters
I would really like to share some euros with you.

Alch

Sent from my Nexus One using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Considering MIUI is free in general, I can understand that some people dont see a fair point paying for something like this.
But I would gladly pay a buck for a working MIUI Weather App that has been made available internationally. It is way more work than just skinning or translating. AFAIU it needed quite some database coding as well, and considering the many different areas, it must have been alot of work.

Stuff like this is worth supporting, because there arent many ppl that dedicated anymore, and a buck is a really fair price!

10 GBP from Braeden with love. Only question Mark. Why did the donation link ask for GBP? I always figured you were from America or Australia. You mentioned 1 dollar as a suggested donation?

I am in the UK :) 1 dollar for usa and 1 gbp for uk :)

idk if this app will be in the market, if it will....IT WILL SELL LIKE CRAZY.(me included)

Alot of vanilla android users along with miui users lack a good looking weather app for multiple locations(not just current location) with as much eye-candy as the miui app(as good as htc's). The weather channel and stuff just dont do it for me.

Keep up the good work!

im i the only one that doesn't want this in the market. this app should be only available for miui!! not for every rom. im willing to pay i dont care i just dont want every rom with it the chi made this app for miui wtf

U are a troll dude . I m sure u r using apps that weren't made for miui. Are u a comunist or what?

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I don't understand the outrage and sheer disrespect shown by some of the community here.These guys work very hard at porting one of the best roms available anywhere and at no cost to us, the users. This is on par with the thieves that whine how they should not have to pay for software/music/etc. You are all looking a "gift horse" in the mouth and if you are not careful, you may get bitten. Bottom line...if you don't like it, at least be respectful of a person's choice. No one will force you to buy cool stuff. The door is always open and you can check out anytime you like. We should all be thankful of the efforts and "free stuff" that this community affords us. I'm glad I have the choice and opportunity to be here! Thank you Mark, Spliff, bigdog, brd, and those I missed for all you do!

P.S. When is 4G ready? *jk*

-antipig

I don't understand the outrage and sheer disrespect shown by some of the community here.These guys work very hard at porting one of the best roms available anywhere and at no cost to us, the users. This is on par with the thieves that whine how they should not have to pay for software/music/etc. You are all looking a "gift horse" in the mouth and if you are not careful, you may get bitten. Bottom line...if you don't like it, at least be respectful of a person's choice. No one will force you to buy cool stuff. The door is always open and you can check out anytime you like. We should all be thankful of the efforts and "free stuff" that this community affords us. I'm glad I have the choice and opportunity to be here! Thank you Mark, Spliff, bigdog, brd, and those I missed for all you do!

P.S. When is 4G ready? *jk*

-antipig

No word from China in over a week re 4G etc, i am a little concerned that the behaviour here has ruined a good standing we have / had. Time will tell.

Cheers,

Mark

I was thinking the same thing. I was frankly embarrassed by some of the posts here. Our brothers across the sea were kind enough to communicate with you and allow a closed source to be ported for our benefit. So a huge amount of thanks is owed to them as well. I would suggest that those here that benefit from all of their hard work take a moment to just say "Thanks" to our friends across the sea...head over to miui.com...look at the webpage's source code on the register page to figure out what field is looking for what info...yes it takes a bit of work to figure out what field is what...it's in Chinese...show them you care enough to do this...and post further respect and appreciation. Without them, we would all lose. Thanks to all in this community!

-antipig

P.S. Christ...I sound like an F-ing cheerleader...I need a drink!

If this will be availeble in the market for like 1 or 2 bucks.
Will it also work on non- miui phones?

I'd love to pay for your hard work on the app, 2-3 GBP is less than a fair amount to pay for it imo.

I made the MIUI Weather skin for fancy widget so that people would have something very similar to the original until/if ever the proper version was hacked to work outside of china, however this didn't cost me anything but time. Which obviously you have no problems with either seeing as how you spend hours each week translating and modding everything for us so we can partake in using this fantastic ROM.
You will obviously have server costs that you will have to pay for if it's released, I find it ridiculous that people expect you to pay that for them simply because the chinese devs released theirs for free. Do we even know how they pulled the information? did they have to dedicate server bandwidth to allow people to use the weather app? do they perhaps get a lot more donations than you do?

My point is, you're obviously okay giving away your time for free but not your own hard earned cash and that is beyond reasonable.

I'd love to pay for your hard work on the app, 2-3 GBP is less than a fair amount to pay for it imo.

I made the MIUI Weather skin for fancy widget so that people would have something very similar to the original until/if ever the proper version was hacked to work outside of china, however this didn't cost me anything but time. Which obviously you have no problems with either seeing as how you spend hours each week translating and modding everything for us so we can partake in using this fantastic ROM.

You will obviously have server costs that you will have to pay for if it's released, I find it ridiculous that people expect you to pay that for them simply because the chinese devs released theirs for free. Do we even know how they pulled the information? did they have to dedicate server bandwidth to allow people to use the weather app? do they perhaps get a lot more donations than you do?

My point is, you're obviously okay giving away your time for free but not your own hard earned cash and that is beyond reasonable.

I don't mind putting cash into the site and have done so from the very beginning, I've got a lot of people who have been kind in donating to a multitude of things here on the site to make the site even possible.

I wont go into naming people but everyone who has supported and does support the work of not only me but the other hard working developers who frequent the forums. I get stressed with this ROM as much as I love it, its a trade off each week and it can cause irrational posts at time for which I apologise.

Anyway, good news is re: weather, tomorrow we will be entering the private beta test with a few friends to test the weather for the rest of the week and get any last minute bugs fixed up.

I've got more PHP to write in order to handle different time zone offsets, again this something the Chinese didn't consider (and they didn't need to it was never designed for outside China). Relatively easy to sort out and should all be ready to go in whatever form we put it out in.

As already stated previously those kind enough to have donated will naturally have first hands on if a release is made. This also by no means is encouragement to donate, i dont condone begging and that's not what this is about.

1 dollar or a pound helps support this server for the rest of the year and beyond, we run a dedicated server so cost is not as cheap as some believe it is. We pay for a good system to provide a good place for our community.

Thanks,

Mark

If we can find a way to give it for less we will but really, no ones stepped up to do this app - i am putting a lot of love and dedication towards making it as perfect as it deserves to be.

I have the support of MIUI.com for my work, any money we would potentially gain on this would fund the server, its as simple as that. I have a job, i DONT NEED money from this, if that were the case Language packs would be paid only! need I say more to people? :(
:-(

and you are well appreciated

i wouldnt have a prob paying

i say.................more support the people give to MIUI the stronger we get as a community and the best rom on the planet < it already is lol

Additionally the number of people i've trained to translate and use MIUI on a modification level, all for free, all to help out

Mark, I've been using miui for about a month and greatly appreciate all the work you put into it. I don't know how you even find the time to reply to all the forum posts, let alone release the translation each week... But thank you very much!

With that said, I couldn't find a donate button on the site. How can I donate to support the server and your time?

Jon

Sent from my Nexus One using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Honestly, I don't use the weather app... but I'd buy it anyway to help out. You guys rock!

Anyway, good news is re: weather, tomorrow we will be entering the private beta test with a few friends to test the weather for the rest of the week and get any last minute bugs fixed up.

That's brilliant news Mark. Hope everything goes according to plan cos I can hardly wait to see what modifications you have made to the weather app. The anticipation grows!

Mark, I am your new "best-est" friend and am in East Coast, USA, and I am ready to do some testing... :)

I have been using Beautiful Widget, but would love to purchase and use this.

PS. Just made my donation. Thanks for everything Mark.

I would pay a buck for this, i mean it's kinda the least I could do considering the contributions you already have made to MIUI for us outside of China; based on the poll more than half would pay so I mean that should say more than the couple ****** comments from people obviously trying to get under your skin.

Ive made a donation too so Im looking forward to seeing this app whenever you're ready Mark.

Hey Mark - just sent in a donation. Nice work with the MIUI Rom - to all your developers. I am new to it, but the ROM, and the folks here supporting this forum are terrific. - Kevin