Resolved Wrong carrier name

Jisi

Members
Feb 10, 2012
This happens on the MI1, but did also happen on the Huawei Honor I used before.

It does NOT happen on the MIUI Germany version.

My carrier is O2. All Roms I ever used show this (Usually they show "O2-de", as I am in Germany). The MIUI Version from http://miui-germany.de/wp/ also does this correctly.

The version from miuiandroid.com however shows "Tchibo". That is a brand of coffee shops here, and it seems they also resell some mobile phone contracts from O2, but my contract/SIMCard has nothing to do with them.

I already googled, that it seems i could hack some resource file or some such to "fix" this, but it would be nice if this mapping could be repaired for everyone. I'd be happy to provide the necessary information, if you tell me what you need.

Will be fixed tomorrow... Thanks for the report... We need them to improve our work...

We will see. I am still mildly optimistic and report back here if something changed... If not I will keep nagging :).Maybe your report just got lost, because there is no real bugtracker here. And also some of the volunteers needs to find the time to do it...

dont worry.. we care about users.. :) its already fixed for 2.12.14.... :)

Is there a chance, to get an app, which allows, to set own carrier name? Or how can we change it on JB?

Dito. Is fixed in 2.12.14

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355585280182.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355585280182.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 320
Hi Guys,
This is supposed to be "o2-de" not "O2-DE" small letters not capital letters.

edit: 1st post, big thanks to everybody for making this rom so wonderful.

Not a bug.. We are special... We are ok, they are wrong...

Not a bug.. We are special... We are ok, they are wrong...

I had to go back to stock rom to see, so that means HTC did it wrong as well ?

Sense 3.6 98% stock rom screenshot attached

Attachments

• 2012-12-22_08-53-39.png
    2012-12-22_08-53-39.png
    214.7 KB · Views: 293
Well if anybody want this is the real fix here

Replace the attached file in "system/framework" either in full rom zip or the language pack zip then flash it over.

Edit: MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ROM BEFORE FLASHING

Attachments

• framework-miui-res.apk
    4.2 MB · Views: 190
Well then there is a bug. I first installed 2.12.21 and then on top of it the language pack - all from this MIUI page. In the last version i had installed, i didn't have the issue, don't know which version that was (one of the last three)

Can we "open" this thread again so that it's clear that this issue isn't solved? How to do that? Or should i write a new thread?

post screenshot with wrong carrier name...

so you have installed 2.12.21 + langpack 2.12.21 and using German language, right..?