Xiaomi 13 Ultra - Problem with TWRP

@Reishinji hmm, strange - the TWRP is working just fine on my device .... may I ask how you flashed the TWRP ? it should be with the fastboot command "fastboot flash recovery_ab <TWRP_NAME>"

EDIT: sort of overlap with @gogocar62 's reply :)

You can't try different ways. You must always use the correct procedure for the device. https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/installing-a-custom-recovery.67841/post-680918

Enter these commands and then re-install TWRP
Code:
fastboot erase misc
fastboot set_active a

On my first try, I made a mistake and used fastboot boot.
(my bad, I didn't check the process before)

I used the command on the process "erase misc" and "set_active a", but when I used the correct procedure I had a error message.

I didn't make a screenshot of the message, it wasn't on my phone and I helped a friend by teamviewer....
I will try again with my own 13 ultra I think.

I just wanted to ask if the problem was about me or the TWRP.......Well I think it's me ! haha

@Reishinji hmm, strange - the TWRP is working just fine on my device .... may I ask how you flashed the TWRP ? it should be with the fastboot command "fastboot flash recovery_ab <TWRP_NAME>"

EDIT: sort of overlap with @gogocar62 's reply :)
To complete my gogocar62's answer, I used "fastboot flash recovery_ab <TWRP_NAME>" and it worked fine. But I had a error message with "fastboot reboot recovery".

I didn't make a screenshot of the message, it wasn't on my phone and I helped a friend by teamviewer....

To complete my gogocar62's answer, I used "fastboot flash recovery_ab <TWRP_NAME>" and it worked fine. But I had a error message with "fastboot reboot recovery".
Then it is likely that TWRP is already installed.
Disconnect your device from PC - boot into TWRP by holding Volume Up and Power keys.

Then it is likely that TWRP is already installed.
Disconnect your device from PC - boot into TWRP by holding Volume Up and Power keys.
I tried it too, fastboot loop again.
But not easy to make other test with a phone and a user not with me.

I solved it by updating the phone with the update script.
I will try again with my 13 ultra, it will be easier to make it fine :)

i tried to load twrp on my mi13 ultra and keep getting the below
1691413267920.png

any ideas anyone?

i tried to load twrp on my mi13 ultra and keep getting the below
View attachment 48530

any ideas anyone?
You are using the wrong command.

Hi there!
I flashed TWRP on my Xiaomi 13 ultra, however, with backup I can't seem to see and select the 'system' partition. Also not when I go to mount, to mount it. Anyone any idea what I can do? Thanks so much! P.s. I have flashed TWRP 3.7.0.12 v7.9_A13, with the commands:
fastboot flash recovery_ab recovery.img
fastboot reboot recovery

Dennis

Last edited:
Hi there!
I flashed TWRP on my Xiaomi 13 ultra, however, with backup I can't seem to see and select the 'system' partition. Also not when I go to mount, to mount it. Anyone any idea what I can do? Thanks so much! P.s. I have flashed TWRP 3.7.0.12 v7.9_A13, with the commands:
fastboot reboot recovery

Dennis
A bump for my question. Anyone here who might be able to help me out? Thanks. ☺️

A bump for my question. Anyone here who might be able to help me out? Thanks. ☺️
I think this is primarily due to the fact that the system partition on this phone (and many other current ones) is part of the "super" partition, that combines many partitions....

I think this is primarily due to the fact that the system partition on this phone (and many other current ones) is part of the "super" partition, that combines many partitions....
Ah ok, thanks so much for your reply! So do you know if I could still make an image? By selecting which partitions?

Greetings,
Dennis

Ah ok, thanks so much for your reply! So do you know if I could still make an image? By selecting which partitions?
I long ago gave up on backing up up and restoring in TWRP as this tended to cause many issues - if a restore resulted in a working phone at all ;)....

You should be able to select the super partition and try to create a backup, however. Whether restoring it will work at all : I have no idea ;)

I long ago gave up on backing up up and restoring in TWRP as this tended to cause many issues - if a restore resulted in a working phone at all ;)....

You should be able to select the super partition and try to create a backup, however. Whether restoring it will work at all : I have no idea ;)
Ah I see. Yeah luckily I make incremental backups of my data anyway, via a sync between my phone and pc. So once my phone is set up well, it's fine enough actually. Though in this case, I already set up my friends new Xiaomi 13 Ultra, which took quite a bit of time, so I thought I'd just save myself some time by creating an image of my friend's phone.

Anyway, would you happen to know what this 'super partition' is called that I'd have to select in backup of TWRP?

Thanks again so much! ☺️

Anyway, would you happen to know what this 'super partition' is called that I'd have to select in backup of TWRP?
In my 13U it's just called "super" at the end of the list, see attached screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-24-08-54-48.png
    Screenshot_2023-08-24-08-54-48.png
    206.8 KB · Views: 214
Guys I'd appreciate it if anyone can help on how you can install TWRP step by step.
I've downloaded the latest ISHTAR TWRP file image and the latest fastboot.
Should I put them in the same folder and then get my phone into fastboot mode connect it and run the corresponding commands or the procedure is different?
Can someone write them step by step?
Thanks in advance

Hi All,

Some help please :emoji_pray:. I am install TWRP on my ultra 13 and it appears to go ok, but when I reboot goes back to stock fastboot screen. Is that highlighted line a problem ? Phone is in bootloop mode now :(

1698465653608.png

Attachments

• 1698465602398.png
    1698465602398.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 78
Do not flash ab devices, boot recovery. Hope it helps

fastboot boot recovery.img

This why.
Devices with Dedicated Recovery Partitions (A/B):These devices have dedicated "recovery_a" and "recovery_b" partitions.The custom recovery image can be flashed to "recovery_a" and "recovery_b" partitions directly.Flashing to "recovery_ab" will flash to both "recovery_a" and "recovery_b" with a single command.The custom recovery will persist across ROM updates.Platforms: Snapdragon 685, 7/7+/8/8+ Gen 1/2Devices: cupid, diting, fuxi, ingres, ishtar, marble(in), mayfly, mondrian, nuwa, socrates, tapas/topaz, thor, unicorn, zeus, ziyiImage size: 100 MiB (104,857,600 bytes)Installation:Code:
fastboot reboot recovery
Never try to "fastboot boot" these images. If you do that, you will get a "Bad Buffer Size" error and your device will be stuck in fastboot mode.To get out of being stuck in fastboot mode, run these commands:Code:
fastboot erase misc
fastboot set_active a
Then install the recovery correctly.Devices with Boot as Recovery (A/B):These devices don't have a dedicated partition for recovery.The recovery ramdisk resides in the "boot_a" and "boot_b" partitions.A shared kernel is used for both the system and the recovery.Due to that, you should never flash a custom recovery image directly to the "boot_a" and/or "boot_b" partitions. If you do that, the system will fail to boot.Platforms: Snapdragon 678/680/695/778G/778G+/780G/870/888/888+Devices: alioth, haydn, lisa, mona, moonstone, munch, odin, psyche, redwood(in), renoir, spes(n), star/mars, sunny, sunstone, taoyao, thyme, venus, veux/peux, viliImage size: 192 MiB (201,326,592 bytes), or 96/128 MiB (100,663,296/134,217,728 bytes) for low-mid devicesInstallation:
Code:

fastboot boot recovery.img

In the recovery interface: Advanced -> Install Recovery Ramdisk

Reactions: zeppelino
Hi Folks, some advice please. Have ISHTAR on Ultra13. Tried to update new room last night for gpay update. Updater boots into TWRP, then does nothing. Realized TWRP cannot see my download folder. Same if I try manually try install. Thanks