Xiaomi.eu Camera app as a stand-alone app?

Lars.B

Members
Feb 16, 2019
Hi!
I really like the features and results of the camera app that comes as a part of the Xiaomi.eu ROM (BETA branch). Is there any chance to find the camera app as a stand-alone app (APK file?) for the Mi 9? I am testing a Mi 9 at the moment because of the annoying 4G/LTE issue that I have with my Mi MIX 2S and so far the Mi 9 works as expected, it has a much better radio/modem performance than the Mi MIX 2S and even supports VoWIFI! However, the camera app of the official stable MIUI ROM lacks some features (HDR Pro and Live modus, dynamic photos, ...) that I would like to use on my Mi 9 as well (and I am sure the Mi 9 is capable of supporting these features!).
Thanks!
Best regards,
Lars

But I can install it in parallel? Like the MIUI File Manager? I have two of them, one came with the Xiaomi.eu ROM, the other was installed via the Google App Store ...
Bad example. China File Manager and Global File Manager have different package names. No such thing for the camera app.

Ah, that's a bummer. Thanks nevertheless! Best regards, Lars

Maybe this could work? It's not really a standalone APK, it needs root to install through Magisk (at least that's how I use it) and I also need to delete it prior to updating the ROM or my phone will bootloop. It does come with all the functionality though, and can be used alongside most built in camera apps from what I gathered.

Maybe this could work? It's not really standalone, it needs root to install through Magisk (at least that's how I use it) and I also need to delete it prior to updating the ROM or my phone will bootloop. It does come with all the functionality though, and can be used alongside most built in camera apps from what I gathered.

Oh I see now that version 79 was MI9's first build and is not too stable :(