Xiaomi.eu Multilang Rom For Xiaomi Mi5 (unlocked Bl Only!) Released!

GRAW2 muchas gracias por las instrucciones, rom instalado xiomi.eu 6.12.29 correctamente y en funcionamiento. Instalado por carga lateral. ¿Qué se haría si no fuera por ti !!! Todo bien con raíz y SuperSU 2.79.

I made a preview of the newest MIUI 8.2. If anyone is intrested :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Have a good new year !

HELP! - bricked mi5

I tried to install this rom via the twrp method as I am familiar with twrp. I installed twrp fine, booted to it and tried to install the stable twrp rom from the first page of this thread on my mi5. Sadly after install it has failed to reboot, and is now completely unresponsive to any button presses at all, I can't even boot into recovery. No buttons emit a response from the phone at all :(

Plugging the phone into my laptop showed it as QUSB_LOADER driver missing, I tried installing a driver and now it does not even pop up under device manager.. however plugging it in does emit the windows connected noise.

Please someone help me get back to a usable phone! at the moment there is no response at all from any button combination, and the led doesn't turn on when plugged in. Complete paperweight at the moment. Any advice would be appreciated.

edit: holding the power button now causes the led to turn red, low power? I shall try charging it and see if it emits a response from the phone. plugging the phone in via usb displays a flashing red led, however the device is not showing up on the miflash tool :L any advice?

second edit: holding the power and volume down causes the phone to go into flashing red led mode (EDL?) however the device is not recognized by the miflash tool or latest english mipc suite. I have tried using miflash 0.83 and 1.00 and refreshed many times to no avail. adb does not detect the device when connected and in EDL mode.

Please anyone - how to fix when the phone is stuck in EDL and not recognized by miflash? my apologies if this is the wrong place for this, please advice me where to post this if it is incorrect.

Many thanks,
Jonny.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I'm new around here, I just need some advices, I'm a bit lost reading all those posts.
I got a 64gb Mi5 with the MIUI 8.1.3.0 china stable rom. Received it in Mars 2016 and never changed rom.

BL is unlocked, does the MiFlash rom install TWRP ? I flash the Xiaomi.eu rom and I get the rom + TWRP installed ?
Which xiaomi.eu rom should I use to stay with marshmallow ? (I saw somme issues with Nougat on Mi5)

Thank you for your time !

Last edited:
Hi @Tl00ps ! Welcome!

You *must* manually install TWRP prior to flashing xiaomi.eu. There are several posts with instructions about how to do that in here.

About a ROM version with Marshmallow, latest version is 8.1.6.0 Stable, or if you feel like trying the weekly dev version, I think the latest is 6.11.10.

Hi Jaime thanks for your reply !

I got it I can't skip the cmd stuff part on my computer to install TWRP.
Isn't the 8.1.6.0 a stock china rom ? I'd like a multi one from xiaomi.eu, I can't live with bloatware and chinese ads anymore haha
Is this one ok ? :
XIAOMI.EU_MULTI_MI5_V8.0.12.0.MAACNDI_V8-6.0.ZIP

I used to have PhilZ recovery before, with other phones, never used TWRP.
Once TWRP is installed, can I flash a rom from there ? Going to the right zip ?

edit : Nevermind I just found the multi 8.1.6.0

Thanks !

Last edited:
8.1.6.0 is the latest released Marshmallow xiaomi.eu ROM, which in turn is based on 8.1.6.0 China Stable official ROM, but with all the cool stuff the .eu team adds over it (including multilanguage support).

Yes, you install .eu ROMs using TWRP. Using the "Install" option, navigating to the zip, and installing.

Be sure to read the guides on how to flash .eu in here! It's pretty straightforward, but it's always a good thing to plan ahead the process.

Reactions: Tl00ps
Well, tell me if I'm correct please, I don't want to mess this up :
-I backup my phone data
-I disable Windows Drivers Signature Enforcement
-I install MiFlash tool to get the ADB Fastboot environnement
-I flash TWRP v3.0.2-gemini using fastboot commands on windows
-I reboot into TWRP using cmd (or manually ?)
-I find the xiaomi.eu rom, which is .zip, and I install it from TWRP I just flashed
-Done

Thank you for your help to some noobs like me !

Yes, that's pretty much it. Check this post, it has another guide on flashing xiaomi.eu (some steps differ a bit, but the gist of it is the same). Read there about a possible complication you might have with encrypted storage, and how to work around it.

Reactions: iamme729 and Tl00ps
How can I install this rom if I have CM 14. I tried, but it fails... Is there anything special needed?

I just changed CM 14.1 to eu rom with following way:

1. Fastboot flashed new boot.img
2. Booted to newest TWRP and Flashed 6.11.10. version of miui eu rom
3. Wiped cache, dalvik and data
4. Booted to TWRP and Flashed latest stable nougat eu rom 8.1.7.0
5. Wiped cache, dalvik and data

Works fine!

Great, managed to switch. Loving it, but chrome keeps crashing while downloading. Is it a known bug or just me?
EDIT: saw it as a bug.. too bad :)

Last edited:
Hi, I'm currently on eu 8.1.3 stable and have plave to move to eu 7.1.5 stable.
Should I follow these steps 100% (below)? Or can I just install TWRP 3.0.2.3 and then flash directly to 7.1.5?

How to update to Android 7.0 from Android 6.0:
- Install LATEST Android 6.0 release for MI5 6.11.10
- Install TWRP 3.0.2.3 or ZCX
- Reboot to new TWRP
- Install Android 7.0 release
- Reboot - Never wipe /system partition manually!
- Done

Hi, I'm currently on eu 8.1.3 stable and have plave to move to eu 7.1.5 stable.
Should I follow these steps 100% (below)? Or can I just install TWRP 3.0.2.3 and then flash directly to 7.1.5?

How to update to Android 7.0 from Android 6.0:
- Install LATEST Android 6.0 release for MI5 6.11.10
- Install TWRP 3.0.2.3 or ZCX
- Reboot to new TWRP
- Install Android 7.0 release
- Reboot - Never wipe /system partition manually!
- Done
7.1.5 is not stable I think

No Gps problem ?
Gmail notification works ?
Synchronisation only on wifi works ?
GPS tested and work with app Wase, Sport Tracker.

Don't using gmail = Un-tested

Sync work under gsm mobile data and with wifi

Poslano sa mog MI 5 koristeći Tapatalk

GPS is not working in 8.1.7. No way.
I flashed from 8.1.6 with wype cache/dalvik, everything perfect (except empty text gmail notifications) but GPS was not working.
Then I flashed again with full wype, same behavior.
Then I rolled back to 8.1.6 with full wype. Everything perfect.
From the diagnostic menu, I see that 8.1.7 is able to check 15/16 satellites in less than 20 seconds but never fixes the position. No way at all. Even after 60 minutes.

Hi folks,
I am looking for the most stable and battery friendly miui7 rom.
Which one? any suggestion?

Can someone or ingbrzy lead me the archive of the both type (TWRP and Fastboot flashable) of EU Multilang roms??
Ths in advance...

GPS tested and work with app Wase, Sport Tracker.

Don't using gmail = Un-tested

Sync work under gsm mobile data and with wifi

Gps have problem with this version of rom = Slow gps location detection.

Hi,
how can I downgrade from xiaomi.eu v.8.1.9.0 (Adroid 7.0) ROM to xiaomi.eu v.8.1.6.0 (Adroid 6.1) ROM ?
Thanks!