New XIAOMI.EU Rom on Redmi 4X Santoni [GENERAL FEEDBACK + TWRP & ROOT]

ExDuelist

Members
Jul 22, 2018
Hello there. I recently updated my Santoni device from Official Global Stable to Xiaomi.eu with newest MIUI 10, works great so far (fast as lightning), anyway i feel the need to see some bugs corrected and various addons and modifications that would definitely improve the general functionality.
Here's a simple list of what's needed.

(UPDATED TO 8.8.3 MIUI 10 & NOUGAT)

BUGS
1) The RGB Led only works with 4 colors: white, yellow, cyan and violet. No red, blue and green.
However, in other roms like Nitrogen or AOSP all the colors work flawlessly
, so this is totally fixable... please do it!

2) The option to record only certain number calls is imperfect, for example, i want to record just this number: 12345.
And ok, it works, but it keeps recording if i also call some part of that number, like 123 or 45. That should be fixed.

3) [CRITICAL] Playing anything with Mi Video kills Mi Sound Equalizer and audio quality in general, reboot needed to get it working again.
[this was corrected on Official Miui long ago, why is Xiaomi.eu still affected by it?]

ADDONS & MODIFICATIONS
1) In Mi Browser, the home button should be centered and menu button to the very right.

2) Weather info should return integrated with clock in notification screen.

3) Option to separate toggles screen from notifications one, like in older MIUI 8.

4) Option to show operator name in homescreen too, not just in lockscreen.

5) Option to change lock/unlock sound effect.

6) Option to change notification led color for charging battery.

TWRP & ROOT
TWRP 3.1.1-0 with integrated SuperSU Pro 2.82 SR1 (NOUGAT ONLY)
[DOWNLOAD]

N.B. Inside the zip file you'll find a txt file with proper instructions.

That's all, feel free to add more if you want!
Regards, Matt.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Pawnzer
Does the Official Global Stable support all LED colors?

Nope, white only. It was a Xiaomi design choice, the models produced until June 2017 got a hardware rgb led but were keeped white only. Also, from July 2017 they produced Redmi 4X with hardware white led only, removing the rgb one of the first models.

That's too bad. I loved MIUI 10 so I tried moving to xiaomi eu hoping there were 7 led color support. I was pretty disappointed it only supported 4. Unlike the AOSP Custom Roms which supported all colors.

That's too bad. I loved MIUI 10 so I tried moving to xiaomi eu hoping there were 7 led color support. I was pretty disappointed it only supported 4. Unlike the AOSP Custom Roms which supported all colors.

Have faith, keep this thread up, they will fix it eventually, together with all the other bugs and lacking features.

Reactions: Pawnzer
updated to 8.8.3, this bug was corrected

Mi Video freezes temporarily at startup.
[this was corrected on Official Miui long ago, why is Xiaomi.eu still affected by it?]

Does the hotspot work with the 5GHz band? Not only that you can set it in the preferences but hotspot actually works keeping activated when you switch it on. Thanks in advance.