Xiaomi.eu Store Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Mark.

Congratulations on the store , this will help the community big time .

I have some questions:
Why you will not sell phones via the store ?
Will we be able to purchase the TV?
Any MiBox in the future?

Thanks.

P.s. witch seller you recommend for the phones geekbuying?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

They are buying it from China to stuff. So basicly you can buy it nu yourself to.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi 3S mit Tapatalk

They are buying it from China to stuff. So basicly you can buy it nu yourself to.

As me don't "sprechen" Chinese :) it will be a hassle. Also I am a member on this community for a long time and I see this as a giving back opportunity.

I know Mark will buy from China but he speaks the language, he knows them it is not the same.

I like the mi products but I will never fully trust a seller , but in this community I trust.

We have direct relationships with suppliers who can offer us cheaper pricing which is then passed down to the customer. You are more than welcome to go to mi.com/index.html but this is not where we are buying from :)

Our stock is 100% original product, no fakes, no imitations... I have been in the community from the beginning and have also worked for other resellers to promote and manage them in the past, for this reason and knowing the problems people face buying from China I decided to offer our community a sales channel that can be trusted and full English customer facing support and no nonsense refunds and returns policies which put our store above any other reseller in China.

I appreciate your comments, but also welcome you to try and buy in an easier way online for these products and services.

Best,

Mark

Reactions: dogiex
Hello Mark.

Congratulations on the store , this will help the community big time .

I have some questions:
Why you will not sell phones via the store ?
Will we be able to purchase the TV?
Any MiBox in the future?

Thanks.

P.s. witch seller you recommend for the phones geekbuying?

Thanks for the kind words, priscariu.... I'll answer each in turn below...

1. Phones has for a long time been problem for after sales and warranty service, because our operating margins are low and profits there is no pot of cash to put against the hardware parts needed for this service for the time being. Additionally so many issues with customers arguing about DOA or Dropped Phone should be in Warranty, I know all the horror stories, i've worked in Resellers industry and mobile industry for 3 years in China and prior to that 16 years in Ecommerce and IT. So for this basic reasons for now, we chose not to stock phones.

2. TV Can be arranged on special circumstances, however importer is responsible for all clearing issues. We will help as much as possible this side but be aware a lot of these products now require CE and RoHS / WEEE.

3. Sure, if there is a high demand for the CE version Mi Box, then we might stock it ;-)

Also thanks for the other support about the store, it is very much appreciated. I am doing this myself, no other staff to help me on the store so each order sent is picked, packed and dropped off at the transit office by me personally.

Best,

Mark

People who are buying Xiaomi phones do not expect any kind of great Service. So it will not be a issue and a reason to not sell phones.

1. NO custom furies
2. Unlocked bootloader
3. Xiaomi.eu ROM installed
4. Global Version (Band 20)

This are the most important reasons for buyers. So if you can provide this than no problem.

Create a Poll and you will be suprised how strange everything can goes.

Custom duties + shipping IS the most important costs. If you can lower that or not Charge at all than it will BE a great sellingpoint for Xiaomi.

By already unlocking and installing xiaomi.eu Rom.

Custom duties + shipping IS the most important costs. If you can lower that or not Charge at all than it will BE a great sellingpoint for Xiaomi.

Customs are always customers responsibility, at least here in Finland.

Reactions: MarkHUK
Thanks for the kind words, priscariu.... I'll answer each in turn below...

1. Phones has for a long time been problem for after sales and warranty service, because our operating margins are low and profits there is no pot of cash to put against the hardware parts needed for this service for the time being. Additionally so many issues with customers arguing about DOA or Dropped Phone should be in Warranty, I know all the horror stories, i've worked in Resellers industry and mobile industry for 3 years in China and prior to that 16 years in Ecommerce and IT. So for this basic reasons for now, we chose not to stock phones.

2. TV Can be arranged on special circumstances, however importer is responsible for all clearing issues. We will help as much as possible this side but be aware a lot of these products now require CE and RoHS / WEEE.

3. Sure, if there is a high demand for the CE version Mi Box, then we might stock it ;-)

Also thanks for the other support about the store, it is very much appreciated. I am doing this myself, no other staff to help me on the store so each order sent is picked, packed and dropped off at the transit office by me personally.

Best,

Mark

Thank you for your detailed answers ,

You are right about the CE and RoHS / WEEE and it is a shame as i would very much like the TV . And the Mi box i know it has been widely appreciated and i believe we can start the process , what do you mean by high demand , if purchase by lots how much we are talking about ? can i create a thread in General presenting the product and asking the members if they will like to have it in their store ?

Regarding the phone i clearly do not understand , for me the Dropped phone is not a thing that can be covered by warranty , and there are also workarounds , i know there are some insurance services on the market that can cover that . I am from Romania , but even abroad i have never heard about this . ( this could probably be a specific service from a mobile phone service provider ).
Regarding the warranty i also believe it should be simple .( although i have never heard about problems with the phones after sale in the first year as xiaomi has good products ) you can provide with the original seller the return of the product at his costs (normally will be free shipping ) and you specifically state in the terms and condition that it will be free shipping but a lot of time . and regarding system , the forum helped a lot of people and the stable Eu rom is stable enough to work for years .
I noticed at one time you posted and opportunity to buy a lot of 100 note 2 , this is a good idea and i believe it can continue .

People are knowing when they buy a phone like Xiaomi.

You can cover yourself by pointing the bulletpoints in the warrenty what is covered and what not.

Here in The Netherlands and Germany i sell all the chines phones:

1. No custom duty.
2. Installed xiaomi.eu Rom.
3. Providing Software support not hardware.
4. Giving oppertunity to buy Band20 phones.
5. Free shipping.

Charging the same price as at miui.com but only charging the Xiaomi.eu ROM installation with 2-4 year warrenty.

For me if xiaomi.eu had a chance to fix there phones straight away with Xiaomi.eu Rom will BE better. Because take effort and time.

Reactions: prisacariu

the problem with China purchase regarding the shipping costs is the fact that not a lot of people understand those costs . i work in logistics and i will try to explain a little :

Since the beggining you need to understand that regardless who pays the logistic cost it is paid by someone in the end . There is no such thing as free shipping . It is true that some stores integrate the logistic cost to the part price in order to be easy for the buyer but that is just a matter of incoterm . Mark can do this too on his store , but he is alone , and i don;t know if he has any logistic knowledge or relations.

- Shipping : from china there are 2 main ways : air or sea (train is developing) . both of them in terms of costs are paid on volume , and as air is faster you pay a lot more than sea. EX: While you can get a full container with something like 1000 dollars means like a big truck volume 90 m3 , on the air you could pay 1000 dollars for 150 - 200 kg , which will be like 1 m3 . So sea shipment cost is negligible if you ship ful container as you have more than 1000 products and air is high , on air however you get it in 4-6 days , sea is 4-6 weeks .
- Customs : in every country in the world when you import something from a country outside the community you are obliged to pay 3 main things : VAT , duties and customs .
1.VAT depends on every country and i believe everybody knows their county rate . The VAT % is applied to the amount on the invoice + transport : here sometimes the sellers are documenting a smaller amount in order to pay less VAT , but this is risky in terms of insurance for ex if the container that has your phone end in the ocean by accident you will get reimbursed but only the amount on the invoice .
2.Duties are depending on the type of product (HS code ) and the country of origin and they are a little different ( again) for every countries regarding the trade agreement s that country have . normally phones are one specific code witch i believe is the 8517 12 .
3.Customs it is done on invoice , and if you buy 1 phone you need to pay the custom fee , if you buy 1000 phones is the same fee .

you can find details on this website : http://www.importcalculator.com/ to give you an ideea of costs and for phones imports in EU see the EU regulation witch aparently has duties at 0 % : http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_custom...derNum=&Regulation=&measStartDat=&measEndDat=

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkHUK
People who are buying Xiaomi phones do not expect any kind of great Service. So it will not be a issue and a reason to not sell phones.

1. NO custom furies
2. Unlocked bootloader
3. Xiaomi.eu ROM installed
4. Global Version (Band 20)

This are the most important reasons for buyers. So if you can provide this than no problem.

You are partly wrong and also right :)

1. Customs is indeed the fury of all customers but they should bare it, it is the support of your economic world.
2. Yes, its possible with the customer applying for unlock, not the stores issue.
3. Of course is choice of customer, Global, Stock or Xiaomi.eu
4. Not all phones have this (yet)

Also as to say why you are wrong, people DO expect warranty repair, they DO expect endless tech support, they DO expect after sales in all aspects despite the cost of the phone. That is why I remain strong on this point.

Best,

Mark

the problem with China purchase regarding the shipping costs is the fact that not a lot of people understand those costs . i work in logistics and i will try to explain a little :

Since the beggining you need to understand that regardless who pays the logistic cost it is paid by someone in the end . There is no such thing as free shipping . It is true that some stores integrate the logistic cost to the part price in order to be easy for the buyer but that is just a matter of incoterm . Mark can do this too on his store , but he is alone , and i don;t know if he has any logistic knowledge or relations.

- Shipping : from china there are 2 main ways : air or sea (train is developing) . both of them in terms of costs are paid on volume , and as air is faster you pay a lot more than sea. EX: While you can get a full container with something like 1000 dollars means like a big truck volume 90 m3 , on the air you could pay 1000 dollars for 150 - 200 kg , which will be like 1 m3 . So sea shipment cost is negligible if you ship ful container as you have more than 1000 products and air is high , on air however you get it in 4-6 days , sea is 4-6 weeks .
- Customs : in every country in the world when you import something from a country outside the community you are obliged to pay 3 main things : VAT , duties and customs .
1.VAT depends on every country and i believe everybody knows their county rate . The VAT % is applied to the amount on the invoice + transport : here sometimes the sellers are documenting a smaller amount in order to pay less VAT , but this is risky in terms of insurance for ex if the container that has your phone end in the ocean by accident you will get reimbursed but only the amount on the invoice .
2.Duties are depending on the type of product (HS code ) and the country of origin and they are a little different ( again) for every countries regarding the trade agreement s that country have . normally phones are one specific code witch i believe is the 8517 12 .
3.Customs it is done on invoice , and if you buy 1 phone you need to pay the custom fee , if you buy 1000 phones is the same fee .

you can find details on this website : http://www.importcalculator.com/ to give you an ideea of costs and for phones imports in EU see the EU regulation witch aparently has duties at 0 % : http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_custom...derNum=&Regulation=&measStartDat=&measEndDat=
Well said !

1. You cannot provide 2 year warrenty, because in China they provide only one year. Since Xiaomi.eu IS selling products from China because xiaomi.eu is Just the man in the middle. You can easly Charge 1 year .

2. Customs are a pain in the Ass, but again. Xiaomi.eu is man in the middle so for the buyer ist it a problem Not for the Store.

Xiaomi.eu runs a great Software package but can easly do more.

1. You cannot provide 2 year warrenty, because in China they provide only one year. Since Xiaomi.eu IS selling products from China because xiaomi.eu is Just the man in the middle. You can easly Charge 1 year .

2. Customs are a pain in the Ass, but again. Xiaomi.eu is man in the middle so for the buyer ist it a problem Not for the Store.

Xiaomi.eu runs a great Software package but can easly do more.

The problem still remains...

1. EU law REQUIRES a 2 year minimum service warranty on hardware components which are within the fair wear and use policies set out within the Xiaomi service warranty. However, yes in China only 1 year is applicable, but in EU 2 years in legally required, no matter who or what or where the product originated from.

In order to cover an additional 1 year warranty you need to work on a probability scale whereby you say $30 extended warranty (as an example), hope you get 1000 orders including this service and only 1 or 2 ever need the service as to cover the hardware component costs for repairs. But again, you can't legally charge extended warranty for a product which requires a legal 2 year minimum so who covers those costs? You? me?

2. It is a problem for us when a customer does not get the package or customs deny it entry, in that circumstance we have to refund the customer FULLY including all shipping costs, bare the return of the product and potentially TAX fees for re entering China mainland! So the problem is very much in our hands as much as the customer for the import issues.

I hope you can understand it isn't just as simple as ordering on mi.com and sending you a product, that is not the way this 'man in the middle' works my friend :)

As for our Software, your feedback would be welcome on how @ingbrzy and others in the team can improve the ROM etc.

Best,

Mark

Reactions: dogiex
Hi!

I am trying to order through the store, but get the following message when I try to check out: "Notice There are no payment methods available, so you cannot proceed to checkout."

So I am unable to finish and pay for my order. Am I missing something?

Hi!

I am trying to order through the store, but get the following message when I try to check out: "Notice There are no payment methods available, so you cannot proceed to checkout."

So I am unable to finish and pay for my order. Am I missing something?
Store was closed down last year my friend, sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.